Cover Image: Love Is Enough

Love Is Enough

I first heard about this book as Florence Welch, who I follow on social media, provided the cover art. The artwork through this book in-between poems was beautiful, but I unfortunately enjoyed the illustrations more than the chosen poems. As most of the poems and verses are archive literature, I was unable to relate to any of them and therefore did not connect much with this book. I would have liked to see some new verses as written by Andrea Zanatelli. I would recommend this book as a coffee table book for a collector, as it really is beautiful and nice to pick up for a quick 5 min read.
I really enjoyed reading this one! I got to revisit some of my favorite poetry from college and find my new favorite artist!
I loved this poetry book! It was written beautifully. I didn't love all the poems but overall, i really enjoyed reading this book and i enjoyed the gaps filled with art in between poems 😍
If you love poetry i would definitely recommend this book!
I decided to pick up this book because of the forward by Florence Welch. However, I absolutely LOVED it. I thought it was an excellent collection of love poems and the artwork between them really added to the story. I feel like this would be an excellent book to own and use as a coffee table book or just one to display. I highly recommend this collection to fans of poetry, history, and art. Thank you for the arc in exchange for an honest review!
I received an eARC copy from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This exciting adventure felt like a slight disappointment as I expected to see not only the author's extraordinary art pieces but his love poems as well, intertwined with some of the classical love verses we all know and cherish. The collection presents some of the finest works by Emily Dickinson, William Shakespeare, William Blake, Anne Brontë, and many more. It would have been such a delight to see how the author's verses, along with the outstanding artwork, would match these love poems that had given so much inspiration.

The artwork itself deserves a detailed book about it. The embroidery, the antique materials used, the romantic imagery, the delicate lines, all the beauty of these love words have been brought to life in them. Everything is just perfectly aligned and matched, brought to perfection, and presented here in this poetry selection to take your breath away.
Love Is Enough is a gorgeous collection of art and poetry. I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of poetry involving love.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an eARC of this title in exchange for my honest review.

If you are drawn to this book because of the cover, then I think you will thoroughly enjoy this book.

The author’s art is what really brings this collection of popular poetry about love to life. They provide beautiful art that visually conveys what the poems say with words. I really enjoyed how bright, lively, and yet intimate the art was.

I connected with the majority of the poems, and because of this book I was able to be introduced to many other poets/authors’ works that I ended up delighting in.
I'd never heard of Zanatelli or seen his work before, so I didn't know what to expect with this book, except that it sounded and looked quite beautiful. Indeed, it is very much the romantic book you can picture when you see the cover. Unfortunately, it is one-note, so there's not much else behind that first impression of cuteness.

It starts with an introduction by famous musician Florence Welch, which says nothing, but uses the most obscure word possible to explain that nothingness. It reminded me of writing essays for school, when we would just use a thesaurus and find the fanciest word possible, thinking that's what "good writing" was. I admit this made me afraid the content would be pretentious or ridiculous; fortunately, it wasn't.

Although I liked the selection of poems, and they seem quite approachable (they all seem to mention hearts, roses, and other images that conjure "LOVE!" to us,) it can become a bit repetitive. I felt similarly about the art: some cute embroidery looking hearts, an eye or a jewel here and there, but they're all too similar, and sometimes barely even connected to the poem.

In the end, there didn't seem to be any progress, or telling of a story. It's a cute famous poem and an interesting looking flaming heart. It is entertaining, and those who enjoy rupi kaur and similar writers, or the dark academia vibe, will also enjoy this.
arc provided by netgalley for an honest review

love is enough is a collection of classical poetry mixed with different media art. while i am not in particular a fan of classical poetry, i really did love the illustrations the author chose and how she paired them up with the poems. i think that fans of classical poetry would greatly enjoy this.
Stunning mixed-media art accompanying a selection of poems about love.   Most of the poems were lesser-known, at least to me, so it was interesting to see less familiar work from familiar artists.   There wasn't exactly a unifying set of criteria for what poetry was featured, though it was skewed heavily toward British artists from the 17th - 19th century.

This would make a unique and sentimental gift for a partner.  It's definitely beautiful and would be a memorable keepsake.

Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!
This book is very specific. I believe if the cover speaks to you, you will find it at least interesting, if not truly wonderful.

This book is the celebration of Andrea Zanatelli's embroidery, which has its very own style, in a Florence Welch vibe, a very British, Victorian, kind of way. There are broken hearts, bleeding hearts, eyes filled hearts, ribbons holding words, flowers, along with miniature artwork very well chosen to complete the embroidery.

The poems match the embroidery and the art work so there are not all of them a celebration of fulfilled love. In this sense, this is book perfect to be gifted to people loving this style, it's a pretty niched publication.
This collection of classic poetry absolutely blew my mind! I loved all of the illustrations in between the poems and the borders of each page. I really enjoy classic literature and I have a huge passion for poetry. If Andrea does anymore collections I will definitely be reading them!
4 stars

I went into this under the impression that this was going to be the artist’s own original poems, so that caught me off guard a bit but I still really enjoyed the beauty of her artwork and the pairings she made with the poetry and art she placed together. So on that side of things this was a very well curated collection. Also added in the curation category I felt that the subtle changing color palette for the pages to fit with the different tones in art and poetry that the artist was showcasing was a fantastic level of attention to detail. Being able to juggle the artwork, the poetry, and the color palette in a way that was subtle enough to get the readers attention, but not so heavy-handed that it hindered the collection was so nice to see.

Something else I really enjoyed was the foreword by Florence Welch which was really a gorgeous surprise. Welch’s words about Zanatelli and Zanatelli’s work were so genuine and from the heart it was really lovely to read and setup the book beautifully.

Overall this was such a stunning collection, not just visually but the pairings Zanatelli created and weaved together were so well done. Definitely recommend! And would recommend following the artist on instagram she posts such inspiring work, it's a nice visual treat.

This advanced copy was given in exchange for an honest review
4 stars

Fantastic mixed media art accompanies love poems it was inspired by. A nice poetry collection, but the art is what makes it stand out.

[What I liked:]

•This is a nice collection of poetry, with selections both familiar & new to me. Poets include Emily Dickinson, Anne Brontë, Shakespeare, William Blake, & Christina Rossetti. I especially enjoyed those by Sara Teasdale.

•Zanatelli’s art is lovely & evocative. The mixed media/collage pieces use   motifs & media I gravitate towards, including antique floral wallpapers, marbled paper, brocade fabrics, religious themes, embroidery & beadwork, painted oil portraits, lovers eyes, & esoteric symbolism.

[What I didn’t like as much:]

•The art used in the collages, especially the paintings, aren’t credited until the back page. I would’ve appreciated having that info as footnotes on the illustrated pages.

•There is decent variety in the collection, but it would have been nice if some 20th C & contemporary poets had been included.

•There’s a poem in Italian(?) with no translation. It would’ve been nice to know what it said.

CW: starcrossed love!

[I received an ARC ebook copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. Thank you for the book!]
This collection of poems about love was an enjoyable read. The art went well with the poems, but for many of the poems I enjoyed the art more than the poems. There's a variety of poets in the book. My favorites were Emily Dickinson, William Blake, and Sara Teasdale. Some of the poems weren't the kind of poetry I like, but the art was great throughout.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.