Cover Image: Food Triggers

Food Triggers

Amber's writing speaks directly to my heart. She has an effective way of applying God's Word to our everyday practical struggles. Each chapter lifts me up further to the Truth about who I am and what God has for me. I have already been able to tuck His Truth into my heart a little deeper with each chapter and form new habits. Every time I am presented with a choice that will affect my health, I think about when she said "Choose your hard" and it makes the decision so much easier. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has ever struggled with the temptation of food, whether you are overweight or the ideal size. I was a "skinny minny" for decades and yet my food struggles were real and when my metabolism changed that is when the trouble began to manifest on the outside. Now thanks to Amber's book, I am actually working from the inside out, just like where it began. Thank you, Amber. You've done it again! Your Triggers books are powerful.
Food Triggers by Amber Lia was a great book for me. I enjoyed how she broke the book into 30 small chapters to read one a day.  The daily prayers alone would be a huge help to Christian wanting help with eating issues.

The book is divided into two sections: Internal and External food issues. And she addresses each one from a practical and Christian standpoint.

I truly enjoyed the book – admittedly I read over half of it in one day. My book study group is planning to read it together in January.
This book was informative and very helpful. I think it will help me with my junk food addiction,  particularly chocolate. By understanding why I rely on them, I can better conquer them.
Food Triggers is the latest book by Christian author Amber Lia who has previously written about her struggles in parenting and marriage.  This book tells about her journey through weight loss and the mental blocks she had to work through.

I admit, though I am a Christian, I am a not of this book.  I felt like this book was written to promote this woman's life coaching business and her diet system.  While she does discuss many common blocks to lose weight and includes Scripture, prayer, and Christian ideas, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.  It smacks too much of televangelists swindling people to make me feel comfortable with her message.

Yes, i want to lose weight and yes I want my freedom in Christ to lead the way to making better, healthier decisions, but I just found this book to be lackluster in that area.  We cannot deal with a spiritual problem with worldly methods.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bethany House for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased opinions.
Good read. There are a lot of really good points and things to consider. All and all, I recommend it!
An amazing reminder of what I need to be doing to honour God with my body. Many principles I've been following for a number of years and was encouraged to be reminded. Our bodies are a holy temple and we need to treat them well.
I highly recommend this book, if you’re going through an unhealthy phase with food or someone closed to you is, this book will help you understand why this is happening and how to overcome it. It’s a Christian book but I believe anyone can read it!