Cover Image: Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing

Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing

this book is based on a hallmark movie, Hannah has fallen in love with her best friend.  she volunteers for the museum story telling project.  but everyone in evergreen doesn't want the museum.  sweet story about christmas in a small town.
Lacey Baker brings us back to Evergreen where we meet up with Hannah and Elliot.  Hannah finds herself not able to say no to helping everyone out in the town leaving little room to spend with Elliot.  Elliot starts to question his role and impact in the town making Hannah start questioning her own role.

Hannah and Elliot must figure out their role in Evergreen and what they want in life.  Will their dreams lead them out of Evergreen, or are they truly home?  It was nice revisiting Evergreen and seeing what the rest of the town have been up to since we last met up with them.  I look forward to coming back to Evergreen soon.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I would like to thank NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing for this privilege.
I received a copy of Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Christmas in Evergreen: Bells are Ringing by Lacey Baker is part of the Christmas in Evergreen series and based off of the Hallmark movie with the same name. Evergreen is the idyllic Christmas town, that always seems to spark romance. In Bells are Ringing, we get to explore Hannah and Elliot’s budding relationship while they find themselves and their way to each other.

I have enjoyed the Evergreen books so far and this one was no exception. The book stays closely with the movie it is based off and it made me feel like I was reading the Hallmark movie I had seen last year. I enjoyed this because I could watch the scenes play out in my head in a different manner than just watching a screen. I enjoy the town of Evergreen and the characters and found this to be the perfect way to start getting into the Christmas spirit. If you a Hallmark movie fan, this book is for you.
This was a truly delightful holiday read. The plot was well-paced and captivating to the very end. The characters were complex yet charming. I highly recommend this fun and quick read. Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the advanced copy of the book.
Christmas in Evergreen Bells are Ringing. I loved returning to the town of Evergreen in this Christmas romance. If you love Christmas romances you will love this one.
This is fourth book in the Evergreen series based on Hallmark movies with the same name. (Note: this is a new author if you are familiar with the first three books.)

Evergreen is the quintessential Christmas town and home of the legendary, magical snow globe that (sometimes, but not always) makes wishes come true. The primary focus of this story is the budding romance between Hannah and Elliot, childhood friends. A secondary thread is the pending nuptials between Michelle, the town mayor, and Thomas, Hannah’s brother.

While this is a pretty low-key, feel-good story, there is some dramatic tension when the weather interferes with the carefully made plans for the wedding; a Scrooge-like character threatens to shut down the new Christmas museum before it even opens; and Hannah and Elliot discover their respective dreams may be taking them in opposite directions.

Overall, this is an enjoyable installment to the series. However the snow globe barely plays a role in the overall arc of the story. The pace is a bit slow, accentuated by repetition in the descriptions of the characters’ emotional dilemmas.

My thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for the privilege of reviewing this book. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

This review is being posted immediately to my GoodReads account and will be posted on Amazon upon publication.
Hannah loves the town of Evergreen.  She was born there and have spent her whole life there.  Her childhood friend Elliott has taken over her parents business after they have passed away.  Things seem to be going great for the two of them and Christmas is an important time to this small town.

Michelle is planning a wedding to Thomas, Hannah's brother, Hannah and Michelle's sister have been planning that.  No matter how great things have been planned in this town, sometimes life throws a curveball.

This was a great book that had me wishing that I, too, lived in Evergreen.  I think you will enjoy the book.
I love Hallmark Christmas movies and the feel good tone they bring to readers. This was a really cute festive one, but when are they not? ;)
Premise
Welcome back to Evergreen,
the town built on Christmas wishes…
And learn what happens
after one snow-globe wish comes true.

Life is going great for Hannah, really. She’s fallen in love with her best friend, her brother is getting married, and she’s looking forward to another festive Christmas in Evergreen.  Still, between her job, taking charge of the choir, and being the town’s jill-of-all-trades, she’s feeling uninspired…especially when Elliot starts to question his own role in the town.
This was very cute. Not my most favorite to date, but I really enjoyed reading about all the characters in Evergreen and getting lost in that world.