Cover Image: Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs

Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs

This was a great addition to the rebel girls collection. Powerful pairs of strong women who have helped shape the world. I love these books and sharing them with my kids.
Rebel Girls has made a name for itself by creating bright, colourful books which highlight the accomplishments or marginalized individuals who have made an impact on our world. While the stories of these amazing people don’t go into a lot of detail, they are a great way to introduce children to an array of greatness. One of the newest books, Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs, focuses on dynamic mother-daughter pairs. This is a great addition to a Rebel Girls collection, adding in names and faces which will be new to many readers and emphasizing intergenerational greatness.

Disclaimer: An advance copy was provided by the publisher.
I love the Rebel Girls series and I am going to hide it.
This one was kinda different cause it was not only about a great girls but also about a strong bond between mother and daughter.

It was so inspiring especially that I have a daugter on my own. I know how important it is to find something in common, to show the world to her and give an example to follow.

This book is not only a great women who achieve a huge successes but also a mothers who supports her daughters, to be there to motivate them, be for them if needed. I think it is also a great advanatage to have such persons in the life.

Many pairs were unknown so we have a chance to get to know some more facts, figures, and feel inspired to do more, to find more joy and hobbies to fullfil our days
Thanks to NetGalley
I am definitly disagree with myself with this stories about rebel girls or rebel people. Such boring, mad desinteresting and such that things and stuff.

Now we can see a new version about a peer good peers making goals or goods to our society.

2.5

Each story of each pair is accompanied by an illustration of them, which is bright, powerful and very much so beautiful.

This would be a great gift for any middle schooler and for all the moms with little girls. Perfect for children and for adults, I absolutely loved this this book.
Thank you to NetGalley and Rebel Girls for providing me with an ARC of Rebel Girls: Powerful Pairs

I enjoy the Rebel Girls stories. Powerful Pairs felt fitting to read with Mother's Day coming up this Sunday. I enjoyed the artwork and learning about these mothers and daughters.
This is an interesting compilation of creative nonfiction showcasing mother and daughter pairs, with illustrations by different artists. There are some really interesting stories here, and some have codes embedded to learn more in a Rebel Girls app. I would have liked to see some of the celebrity pairs replaced by other women, as I found more inspiration from the non-celebrities (with the exception of a celebrity author.) As with other Rebel Girls books, there are some creative activities at the end.
'Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs' introduces us to twenty-five powerful mother-daughter duos who has changed the world for the better in one way or the other. With it's perfect and beautiful illustrations, to the well-crafted pieces; this rebel girl book is another gem in the rebel girls series.

This rebel girl book features a diverse list of mother-daughter pairs, from all over the world- scientists, entertainers, swimmers, dancers, singers, actors, producers, authors, advocates, humanitarians, etc., every story is special. From Beyoncé and Blue ivy, Prue Leith and Li-Da Kruger, Niveditha Hegde and Ishanvi Hegde, Marie Curie and Irene Joliot-Curie, we see some widely-known mom-daughter stories and also stories that aren't. And that's the most unique thing about this book.

Perfect for children and for adults, I absolutely loved this this book. Thanks to NetGalley and the Rebel Girls Team for this wonderful read.
Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs features 25 stories of powerful mother/daughter teams in the world. Each biography of each pair is accompanied by an illustration of them, which is bright and powerful. This would be a great gift for any middle schooler!
This is a collection of one-page biographies of famous mother-daughter pairs around the world from all walks of life: science, business, sports, activism, etc. Some are well-known "classic" names, such as Emmeline Pankhurst and her daughters (suffragettes) and Marie and Irene Curie (scientists), but most are lesser-known women like Leena and Bhakti Sharma (swimmers) and Karen and Mina Hawk (home re-habbers). This is a good reference as a starting point to look up information on modern famous mother-daughter teams including pop culture icons, but not so much for historical women. I was very surprised that this book did not include historical pairs like Mary Wollstonecraft and Mary Shelley (authors). The illustrations are good representations of their real-life subjects, and enrich the value of this book.
Again this book by Rebel Girls is very inspirational, I find myself wondering whether me and my daughters will be similar to the pairs of mother and daughter in this book. I like that it is colourful, and the illustrations added another layer to the stories, it also have audio story linked to certain pages by app (I haven’t tested that feature yet). There are activities suggestions (seems suitable for all ages) at the end of the book as well which enhance the bonding experiences between a parent and child.

Many thanks Rebel Girls for this digital review copy via NetGalley.
Rebel Girls Powerful Pairs is a wonderful addition to the Rebel Girls series. This colorful book shows off 25 mother-daughter duos that have done amazing things across the world.

Not all the duos are traditional. Some are adoptive parents and their kids. I wasn’t sure if we would have that in this collection but I’m glad we did. The art was, as always, very unique and diverse. A different artist does each page, so you are exposed to many different art styles.

What I loved the most was that some of these women are still alive, or still currently doing work. Most of the time, when you read about women who have done extraordinary things, they're historical figures from years ago. That isn’t the case here. I even realized I followed some of these people on social media. I was so proud to see them in this book, to know other people are acknowledging the work they’ve done.

I also put this review on Instagram and Herd but Herd doesn’t currently allow links 💕
I enjoy reading about these fantastic women who happen to be related. It’s a great way to teach my daughter about past and current events while still being relevant.
The Rebel Girls do it once again! This was slightly different from the other books in that it featured pairs of Rebel Girls - mothers and daughters. This was a nice touch and probably could make a nice Mothers Day gift.

The only drawback with this book was that it didn’t have the focus of the other books. Some of the stories were fantastic and the girls are/were doing truly remarkable things. Other times their activities didn’t seem that special, though their bond was emphasized instead. So I felt that the authors here were not able to find a consistent angle of approach for this book.
I loved reading this with my daughter. Adding to the many rebel girls books we have enjoyed together 🥰
The Rebel Girls books are a great encouragement for the girls who will grow to be the movers, shakers, and fixers of the world they will inherit. The role models in this book are mother/daughter pairs who have excellent rapport with each other and the goals they have set for themselves. There are women well known to all, or to today's mothers, or today's girls, or simply good examples from prior and current century. Excellent book that is designed to make all think outside the box and act of belief in their opportunity to enact change. The colorful illustrations continue to be excellent!
I requested and received a free temporary e-book from Rebel Girls via NetGalley. Thank you!

Rebel Girls Powerfull Pairs in one of the latest editions in the rebel Girls series and did not disappoint!
There are some truly amazing mother, daughter duos in this book , some fantastic little stories about them, and why they're someone to look up to. The artwork is beautiful, and I loved the new addition at the back of the book where children can write their own story about themselves and activities to do that are mindful and empowering! I'll never tire of this series and I love how much variety it offers to females of the world today! I wish these had been available when I was a child!
I love all the Rebel Girls books, but this has to be my favourite. The focus on mother-daughter pairings was a really interesting narrative, and the women written about were so diverse and interesting. It was interesting to read the stories of women from all walks of life, and all different cultures!

This is a book I'll be buying for my classroom - I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I know my students will too!
Like all other rebel girls books, this one lives up to its expectation too. Not only is the book informative, but it is equally entertaining. Girls and boys alike will love to read this. Highly recoomend!
Beautiful and inspiring and amazing collection of stories about women. Stories about their lives, their loves, their strenght. It's really beautiful and important to read this book. For shure, as soon as this will publish I will gift it to my nephew because it's really important to read this kind of books at young age.