Cover Image: Asking for a Friend

Asking for a Friend

Asking for a Friend was an enjoyable read. I liked the premise of the story being about three women who are all at different stages in their lives and single at the same time. I liked getting to see the different women's point of view and learning more about their situations and how they got there. I also enjoyed that they decided to take their issues with dating in their own hands and try to get guys for each other, Because who knows you better than your best friends. Overall very uplifting to see friendship shown in this light. Cannot wait to see what the author writes next.
Three women are looking for love after abysmal dating lives- what ensues is the hilarity of dating, meeting various men, and the situations they find themselves in.

It bounces around between the three women’s POVs and it was done so well! All three women - Jemima, Meagan, and Simi represent such a wide variety of women and I feel like readers will be able to connect with them.

I was given a copy of this story to read; but thoughts and opinions are all my own. Thank you to Netgalley and Harper 360 for the chance to read this book!
‘Asking for a Friend’ by Andi Osho was emotional and sweet, just so heartfelt once it gets going. Loved all the characters. Would make the perfect beach read. Definitely recommend!
This was a fun read and a good and funny debut novel. I enjoyed the diversity of the three women and loved all of the characters.
this book was so sweet! i really enjoyed getting to read this one early!! it was so much fun and exciting and full of surprises! please check this one out soon!!!!
Such a cute multi perspective romance/friendship book! I didn't read much about it going in so I thought I was going to get your run if the mill just one couple and their third act breakup, but this book gives way more! I absolutely loved all of the ladies voices and their friendship together. It's definitely not a super romance book, but that's what made it good to me, it wasn't just the same as everything else. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately, this book was not for me. I struggled with the story and the characters. There didn't feel like enough romance to be a romance and I'm having a difficult time putting my thoughts into a fair review.
After reading the synopsis I was so excited to read this, but it was one of the books on my TBR list that I struggled to get into. Maybe it's the reading slump I fell into during the holidays. This book also lacked that "romance"  factor I was expecting and it fell short for me.
I’ll be honest I thought this book was going to be a romance, but it’s more womens fiction than anything else. Which I think it should be marketed as such. This book was okay, just very lack luster in my opinion.
📖Summary: Three friends each have trouble with their dating lives. Jemima: an ex who doesn’t know how to stay away. Meagan: a friends-with-benefits partner who wants more. Simi: rejection after rejection because they want different things in life. So they concoct a Dating Game: they will each choose a date for their friend, not for themselves. This way, they won’t make the same mistakes of choosing the same men over and over again. But what happens when their game goes a little too far and betrayal enters the friend group?
✨Rating & Review✨: ⭐️⭐️
I received this ebook from Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion and review. Y’all this book might have actually pained me. I had such high hopes from the description, but the more I read, the angrier I got. The friendship these women share is actually painful to read and makes me more and more thankful for the friends I do have. The way they treat each other is terrible, between the gaslighting, the lies, the deceit, and the rudeness, it was just too much. I won’t go on and on about what I didn’t like, but this book was not for me.
🔖
#Books #BookRecommendation #BlackGirlsReadBooksToo #BlackGirlsRead #Bookstagram #BlackBookstagram #YABookstagrammer #BooksAreAGirlsBestFriend #QueerReadersOfInatagram #ReadersOfInstagram #BookLover #Bookworm #BookLover #BookCommunity #ReadMoreBooks #AvidReader #Bibliophile #BookishGirls #BookReviews #NetGalley
This is the story of 3 friends who are at different cross roads in their lives and having difficulties with relationships.  They decide to help each other by selecting dates for the others.  While the premise was cute, it felt very immature and unbelievable for women at the ages they were supposed to be.  I enjoyed the humor in the books and the growth of the characters.

Thank you NetGalley and Harper360 for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

Email: DaniReadsTooMuch@comcast.net
I was not expecting to not finish the book. I really, really wanted to love this. The writing was not suitable for my tastes. I unfortunately did not finish this book, only read 24% before stopping.

Thank you NetGalley and publishers for the ARC in exchange for a honest review.
This is the story of three friends, Jemima, Megan and Simi as they move through life relying on each other, trying to figure out their lives and focusing on their careers and being their for each other during the best and worst of times. They soon realize that no one knows you better than you  bestfriend, so who better to pick a date for you, which they do after setting guidelines.

This book gave a lot of description, which made picturing the characters in the different scenarios very easy. This story has pieces of romance, but the primary focus is on the friendship of the ladies.

This book wasn't really my cup of tea. I am glad I read it, but it isn't one that I would buy for myself. I felt at times that the characters were a bit too catty for my liking. Even though this was not a book for me, I would recommend it to people who like reality TV.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper 360, HQ for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
It took me a little while to get into this book, but when I did, I could see that the themes were very relatable and the challenges faced by these women come from a painful past. Jemima, Megan, and Simil have 10 years of friendship under their belt, but we soon find out that they don’t know each other as well as they thought they did. They also don’t know theirselves as they thought they did. These women have a great deal of difficulty with finding love that is right for them. They seem to be pushing away obviously positive choices for reckless ones. The novel picks up and we see the story barreling towards its ultimate conclusion. I don’t want to spoil it too much, but the ending settles where it should be. This book is about three women on a journey of self discovery: personal and professional. Their friendships are tested and their careers are on the line, but these women finally discover the deeper truths that make them who they are. My only criticism is the fact that these women seem to lack an epic level of self-awareness at various points in the book. To be fair, those might just be the most realistic parts of the book.
I so wanted to love this book. Based on the synopsis I could not wait to read it. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t feel that pop and sizzle of chemistry that I need in romance. It was a somewhat fun read but missed the mark for me. As such I will not be sharing a review outside of NetGalley.
Really enjoyed this one's premise, but it was another one that I struggled to get into. I'll blame this one on my reading slump.
I thought the premise of the book was good and the character development was good.  It was hard to get into at first.  It was a slow start.  It was also hard to relate to some of the characters at first.  Overall I think the character development and the idea of the story was good.
First of all, let's address the elephant in most of the reviews, the editing and grammar are not great. The pace is fairly slow. However, the characters were developed well. There are some pretty funny parts. The plot had promise. There was too much lull. Overall it was lacking for me. You may love it.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author, and Harper 360 for the ARC!
Let me preface this review by saying I was not too fond of any of the main characters, Jemima, Meagan, and Simi. With that said, I did find their story very entertaining. Andi was able to bring plenty of humor to keep me reading. I was also nosey and waiting to see when everyone's secrets would spill. I do think the book could have been a little shorter. Some parts of the book felt like they were dragging on a bit. But, overall, I enjoyed this one.
Thank you @NetGalley for the ARC of Asking for a Friend.

This book was not for me.

The book read as mean girls. The main characters' voices were incredibly annoying to me; immaturity, and the entire premise of asking out people for someone else. It was just a no-go for me.  I also thought there was too much going on in the story line at the beginning. Not much back story was included, the author dove right in. If I didn't have this as an ARC through NetGalley, I would have DNFed this book.

The only positive is that there was diversity of characters.

0.5/5 stars. I really wanted to like this book, but alas, not for me.