Cover Image: Of Two Minds

Of Two Minds

Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange for an honest review.

Very interesting.  Well written.
This story focuses on Ravenhawk a synthetic human hybrid that is trying to come to terms with who/what she is and prevent evil corporations from making others like her. Raven and Sara are the 2 parts of Ravenhawk and they have another program named Michelle that is also a part of them.
We also meet Michael, her lover back when she was all human, Bekah, the child created from her human genetics and Victor, her companion from her human life as a pilot.
This is a complicated story with more focus on politics and acceptance in many forms.
I don't know why I was expecting big battle scenes but I wasn't disappointed that they were missing, the characters especially Ravenhawk really draw you in.
A Thin Plot and Cardboard Characters Limp to the End

Chapter after chapter of pontificating characters with juvenile world views. Corporations bad, poor and downtrodden people good. Those we help will recognize the goodness of our hearts and give themselves over to our cause. A little chocolate goes a long way.

Villains defined by name only. Russian characters whose conversation is in perfect english. All characters speaking in the same “voice”.  The plot—if you can call it that—takes a backseat to the endless speeches given by each character.

On top of that we have the implausible schizophrenic cyborg “of two minds”—a human mind melded to a synthetic mind, borderline suicidal but miraculously able to determine right from wrong without conflict. Mental conflict that is—there’s plenty of killing done in the real world where fearful humans learn to love the cyborg when it protects them from the evil corporations. Bah!
Not bad. I liked this series, but not as much as other sci-fi series. Wolfe has writing experience, and sometimes it's the reader not the author. So, I think this series will find readers. I may check out her other series.

Thanks for the free review copy!!
Quite an interesting futuristic sci-fi story. The third of a trilogy. I wish I had read the first two prior, but overall a great read.
i had enjoyed the previous books in the series, it's an interesting concept in scifi and I enjoyed that. the characters were great and I enjoyed going on this journey.
I didn't realize this was the third book in a series, which I hadn't read, so it took a bit for me to get into the story.  However, I wasn't disappointed.  Engaging characters with an exciting plot line.  I love dystopian stories and this one is very different.  I will definitely be reading more from this author.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an e-ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.