Cover Image: By Chance

By Chance

Vic and Ricky are the couple that just isn't supposed to work, she's corporate, structured, follows the rules and builds walls around herself for protection, he's the up and coming rock star covered in tattoos that says ok when someone asks him to move, or change his persona, or not be in a relationship.
In the beginning the romance was a firestorm, I'm still not sure who started what but it was fun and fiery to say the least.

They really shouldn't have worked together but they did, and it made for one great read.
Victorias friends or the "hens" were the perfect group, the one all the women want to be part of and all the men want to date one of them, they even supported Vics unusual lifestyle, at least in the beginning. You see Victoria is one of those rare women that doesn't want a relationship, marriage, or a family (or so we think) it seems perfectly normal to her to be dating multiple men and not really feeling a true connection with any of them

I for one was really happy to see Ricky sweep Vic off her feet, she needed someone to break down the walls she'd built and who better than Ricky.

While this was a lighthearted fun read there were some serious topics touched on, with her health issues and the trauma it caused for them, I'd honestly say the blending was perfect, you rooted for our main characters and when the unthinkable happens you feel for them and want them to have everything they dream of.

After reading this one I can't wait to go back and read the first and the rest of the series.
This ARC was provided to me via Kindle, Sigal Ehrlich OU and  by #NetGalley. Opinions expressed are completely my own.

Fast paced read with likable main characters.
I received this book for free from NetGalley for my honest review.

I was so excited to get this book.  I love reading about women who are successful in the business world and Vicky THAT.  It’s her focus so she prefers casual when it comes to romantic relationships.  Ricky is a musician who is “found” and has to do some typical Hollywood style things due to his contract.  I absolutely hate that for him or anyone that has to do that.  While I love the glamour of Hollywood I wish their were less “fake” things going around.  It was hard to read what they had to go through to be together, yet I had to find out how they were going to make it work!

There were definitely times during this story where I was beyond frustrated with Vicky.  I really wanted to understand why she handles things the way she does…. Things become clearer as the story progress and I won’t deny it rips my heart a little! Of course this book puts it right back together.

I truly enjoyed this book!  I was incredibly sad about the fact that there was no epilogue, but I’m sure we will hear a little bit more about them in the next book. I believe it focuses on another friend of the group.

Oh and in case you were wondering this is an “open” story.  No fade to black here!
When reading this book I was a little lost. Even though it is a standalone, a lot of previous characters are mentioned. I feel like I missed or did not understand a lot of the inside jokes. Especially because there seemed to already be a relationship or something going on with Vicky and Rick before this book.
Vicky and Rick have mutual friends and have dancing around the idea of a relationship for a while now. Just when the two decide to give each other a real chance, Rick gets the opportunity of a lifetime to fulfill his dreams of being a rock star.
This book was also slow since neither wanted to truly admit feelings for one another but it picked up again towards the ending.
Thank you to NetGalley, and Sigal Ehrlich, for this ARC in exchange for an honest review -

When I requested this title I was unaware this was the second in the series, but I felt it still held up as a standalone!

I really liked the Poison and Wine Crew and I will absolutely be picking up the first book - I loved the strong feminine vibes. This was more dimensional than just a romance and had themes of friendship and shows women in business and a position of power that isnt often represented in romance novels. I am also a sucker for books portraying romances with rockstars... so... this was a hit for me!
A big thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this arc!

Victoria Neilson knows what she wants and what she doesn't. And what Victoria does not want is to be in a relationship. She's a successful VP for a multi-million dollar company. So it's not surprising she doesn't want to be tied down.

Enter the endearing and ever-persistent Ricky. He's determined to capture Victoria's heart but what happens when the one you set your heart on can run faster than you could ever possibly catch? The second Ricky tries to get personal Victoria is helpless but to open up followed by fleeing.

I enjoyed the characters her group of friends ( the chickens) was adorable.

And I liked the chemistry between Vicky and Ricky. Their nicknames also rhyme which is adorable.

Will Ricky and Vicky be a rhyming match Made in heaven or will they be a disaster in the making?
Be still my heart.
This book was just so beautiful to read. As someone who loves love. Books like this kill me in a good way.
I'm almost scared of reviewing this book so i don't spoil it for anyone
Would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for their next swoon worthy read
I had no idea that this was the second book in the Poison & Wine series. But I still read it without reading the first one and I felt like it can be read as a standalone. I was in love with this book as soon as the first page. It has a way of sucking you in and right off the bat I knew I was going to love Victoria. I thought I was going to get a basic romance by reading this and that I was going to end up forgetting about it as soon as I read it but I was pleasantly surprised. Victoria is everything that I aspire to be now. She is such a boss and she's so funny. There were so many moments in this book that I just burst out in laughter and it shocked me because it's one of the very few books that has been able to do that and on multiple instances as well. It is told in dual pov which I absolutely loved. Even the side characters were done to perfection. This book in general was perfection. If you are looking for a quick fun romance this is definitely for you. Also, it's a rockstar romance who doesn't want to live out that fantasy?

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me an EARC. While I did receive an ARC the thoughts in this review are completely my own.
After reading the first book of the series a year ago, I was waiting to read more about the group of women we met in By Mistake.⁣
And now I wonder what to think. ⁣
⁣
The second book, By Chance, tells the story of Vicky and Ricky. The couple meets through mutual friends, and their chemistry is instant. Too bad that Victoria (Vicky) doesn’t want a committed relationship. And Patrick (Ricky) isn’t having it. ⁣
⁣
Still, their connection is something that they both can’t deny. Then Ricky becomes a rock star overnight, and everything gets more complicated (if possible).⁣
⁣
The story was a quick read with funny jokes and good characters. I just don’t know if the series is for me. ⁣

Something just didn’t click. It is hard to say what but I wasn’t enjoying it as much as expected. Even I totally loved the matching nicknames.
When I got this book on Netgally I wasn't aware it was the second in a series. I always feel the need to read the first when this happens but oh well. This book definitely stands alone though without the need to read the first to understand which I appreciate. This book was super cute! There were a lot of side pieces that seemed unnecessary, but overall I still liked it and there were funny parts. 3.5!
*Thank you to NetGalley, and Sigal Ehrlich, for this ARC in exchange for an honest review*

I am a big fan of Sigal Ehrlich. I have read all of her books and consider myself a groupie. This is the second book in the Poison and Wine series and is absolutely perfect. It is a little "raunchier" than "By Mistake", but I enjoyed less of the closed door romance between Victoria and Ricky. It was funny, sexy, and heartbreaking at times.

Victoria is a star at her company, poised to go all the way to the top. Ricky is a singer with a small band in Seattle. A relationship is the last thing on Victoria's list, but Ricky wants her as his girlfriend. When a music manager discovers a YouTube video of his band, she is determined to make him a star, but the rule is no relationships. Just when Ricky and Victoria are getting started, they must hide their relationship, which is fine with Victoria. until it isn't.

One wonderful thing about Ehrlich is the friendships she creates, particularly in this series. I am envious of the four chickens and their hilarious group texts and traditions. This story is so sweet, and I loved Ricky's character. He was so genuine. The third in the series is about Kayla and I can't wait!
'By Chance': 4⭐

(Unpaid Review: thank you to Netgalley, Sigal Ehrlich and the publishers for allowing me to read this eArc copy in exchange for a review.)

A question: what happens when you meet the right person in the wrong time? What would you do in this case?

Anna and Liam are in this situation and I must say, I do love this trope! They always end up finding a way and I'm absolutely here for it! The chemistry between these two: flawless!

I've only now discovered there's another book and this is a series - can be read separate tho. Can't wait to pick the other up!
Same as Vicky, I work in an industry where men dominate by a big percentage, and so have to face some of the situations she encountered, so it was interesting to see. The steam was really good (despite my preferring books without it).
In book two of her “Poison & Wine” series, Sigal Ehrlich turns up the heat and swoon for a fall read more satisfying than a pumpkin spice latte.

Victoria Nielsen doesn’t have the time nor the inclination to be in a serious relationship. She’s content as VP of a multi-million-dollar company, and spending what free time she has with her close knit group of friends and her harem of guys.

Patrick “Ricky” Hart knew he’d found “The One” from the moment he laid eyes on Vicky. He knows the attraction is mutual, the problem is the stubborn woman won’t give them a chance. And on top of that, his new agent has given him the chance to achieve his dreams with one stipulation: he can’t date.

On paper, the two don’t add up. Can they actually make it work?

With Vicky and Ricky, Sigal has created two very likeable individuals. Vicky is a strong, liberated and successful woman with some baggage. But don’t we all carry some around? And Ricky is absolutely swoon worthy. He recognized someone special in Vicky and pursued her relentlessly no matter how many obstacles were in his way.

I only wish I could’ve gotten more details about the character’s lives in general and when they met. Regardless, their chemistry sizzles and sparks off the page.

I also loved the supporting cast. In particular the loveable chickens (Vicky’s sister and friends) who gave an added smile worthy layer to the story from their texts, to their banter to their activities together like “Hensgiving.”

Ehrlich charmed me with this irresistible romance and left me wanting more. “by Fate” can’t come fast enough.

By Chance is book #2 of the Poison & Wine series by author Sigal Ehrlich . It is a standalone, contemporary romance. Told from both points of view with a happy ending. Subgenres: Rocker Romance | Women’s Fiction | Forbidden Romance | opposites attract
I was lucky enough to get an arc copy of By Chance by Sigal Ehrlich

If you love: strong independent leads, punk rockers who have tattoos AND drive a motorcycle BUT ALSO has a soft spot and takes care of his grandpa, and an amazing, loyal girl group.. PICK THIS ONE UP!!!

This is the 2nd book in the Poison & Wine series but can be read as a stand alone.

This book follows Victoria, a VP at a cooperation who works extremely hard for everything she has. In the beginning she is introduced as a harem, swearing against exclusive relationships. She is convinced that guys will slow her down.

Enter Ricky. Tattooed, sexy singer who rides a motorcycle. He is the lead singer of a band that Vicky’s best friend, Kayla, is the drummer for. Victoria seems unattainable to Ricky but he takes on the challenge.

Let me tell you, Ricky is SUCH A GOOD GUY. He fights for what he wants. The passion between Ricky and Vicky is SOO intense. This is certainly a steammyyyy read!!!

This book is absolutely amazing and touches on soo many of my favorite tropes. The guy falls first, there is an amazing girl bestie group and they call themselves the “Chickens” (just wait into you read about their roadtrip, I was laughing hysterically), and of course we have our boss ass bitch, Vicky.

This book was a bit dragged out at some parts but I did enjoy the character development. The side characters are super lovable too. I read this in a day and absolutely adored how it ended! There is a bit of plot twist too which I always appreciate!

@sigal_eh amazing job on this one!!!

Stars: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Spice: 🌶🌶
Power-woman Victoria is a woman dominating in a mans world and are obsessed with controlling every little thing about her life since one little sign of weakness could break her career. That includes getting into a committed relationship.
There is only one thing she can’t control and his name is Ricky. The sexy single that sings in a local band that plays at Vicky and her friends favorite bar. He got his eyes on Vicky and won’t give up. Not even when he get a record deal that says he must remain single.
On paper Ricky and Vicky is total opposites, but yet they can’t seams to stay away from each other. Somethings are beyond contracts and control..

I really enjoyed this book. The story had a good flow and it was a pleasant ride. It was well written and I would recommend it to someone that doesn’t read much since it’s easy to catch up in the story and you don’t need to read 1/3 of the book to feel like you have a grip on the story.
I almost got a little Sex and the City vibe with the four women that were best friends and very different.
I think that a lot of women who are single around 30 can relate to Victoria’s fare of losing the strong and independent side of herself by being in a ”normal” relationship. I liked that Vicky talked open about her dating-style that is probably something that’s more stereotypically something a man would do since it’s 2021 and sex is something all genders enjoy.
I would have liked a better picture of how Ricky’s life were before Victoria and the record deal. My first thought about him are a guy with tattoos who follow Victoria around like a little puppy.
Except from wanting more I think this book were pretty good. It could make a good movie. Who can resist a hot tattooed hero that can sing?
Book one is on my want to read list and can’t wait for the next book.

I recived an ARC copy in order to write an honest review. Thank you, I truly enjoyed it.
This series is so much fun. By Mistake was my first read by Sigal Ehrlich and I was in love with the book by the end of the first chapter. When someone is looking for recommendations this series is always on the top of my list. You don't need to read book one to enjoy By Chance but as the characters are intertwined and you get a glimpse of the chemistries beginnings my thoughts are it's even more enjoyable with book one read.
Victoria wants everyone to think she's got herself all out together and she does professional she can take down any man. But personally she tries to navigate her love life like a business because without maintaining that control she'd have to admit her feelings. Which I'll let you read about those.
Patrick well he's an artist and wow does he make Vic feel and she hates it, but she also loves it. One things for certain though she can't seem to control it.
And Ricky well he just wants to show her they can be together despite everything if she would just give them a chance.
There are so many obstacles Vic herself being on of the biggest.
But there will be plenty of lighthearted and fun moments to, if you haven't met the Chickens yet you are in for a real treat. Otherwise known as Anna, Kayla, Pandora and of course Victoria.
Did you know Cow Cuddling was a thing? I didn't, so reading this book I learned something new as well.
Seriously though I can not wait for book 3 By Fate I already know it will be amazing. 💙🐤🐄

I have voluntarily left this.
Sigal Ehrlich has created another faced paced fun and feisty female led romance.
Whilst this is part of a series you could read it as a stand-alone but I think you’d be missing out ont he bonds between these ‘chickens’.
This book has it all - a ride-or-die group of strong female friends, a powerful connection between the two main characters as they wrestle with their attraction even when circumstance tries to keep them apart, and even a little bit of rock and roll.  It's a book that I couldn't put down.  I already can't wait for the next in the series!
This book was just not it for me. I was first interested because I love a good musician/rock star romance but this was just not it.

I don't know how Vic and Ricky fell in love so quick and neither of them were really even likable. Vic's story line was predictable and it just happened fast. Ricky was probably a little too strong and if that was happening in real life I think the other would be a little freaked out.

I didn't really like any of the characters, the story was choppy and it just seemed so far fetched.

Also, the one character was suppose to be Tyler Lee but was also mentioned as Taylor Lee a few times.

Finally, if you are convincing someone to date you then the feelings aren't platonic. That was an error in Ricky's big speech. If the feelings between him and Vic that first night were platonic then they probably won't be sleeping together.