Cover Image: Falling for Rome

Falling for Rome

ARC provided by NetGalley. Archer knocks it out of the park with this fun romance. There is always that ex that causes problems and this book is no different. I highly recommend this book to romance lovers.
4.5⭐️
Falling 4 Rome was a delightful fake relationship trope. I’m not big on “fake relationships” but I really enjoyed this one.
I loved how they met. I loved the chemistry and I loved the silliness these two had when they were together. It’s was a dual POV and I genuinely liked both of them and their feelings and or struggles. I’m excited about book 2.
This was a new author for me but I’ve already picked up another of her novels. I do recommend this.
Thanks Gillian Archer via NetGalley
I’ve left my review on Amazon, B&N, BB, Kobo, Instagram, FB and Goodreads.
ARC received for review

Great fake romance with an actor and struggling screenwriter/dog walker. Lots of drama and sexy times. I loved how her dad treated him. He has a couple more brothers to get stories, but one of them needs to shape up quick.
Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book for an honest review.

Cute fake relationship story with Sophia, a struggling screenwriter and Roman, a hot rom-com actor.  Will definitely check out the other stories in this series about Roman's brothers,  King and Phoenix.
This book blew me away! I was unable to but it down. Perfect, dazzlingly, very well written. The details the author described throughout the book was so amazing. The  characters and storyline were fantastic. The ending I did not see coming  Truly Amazing and appreciated the whole story. This is going to be a must read for many many readers. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! No spoilers. Beyond amazing I enjoyed this book so very much. The characters and storyline were fantastic. The ending I did not see coming  Could not put down nor did I want to. Truly Amazing and appreciated the whole story. This is going to be a must read for many many readers. Maybe even a book club pick.
An interesting fake girlfriend love story. Rome has a brilliant plan how to redirect all media attention from her brother to him and his new fake girlfriend Sophia. Everything goes according to plan, but soon fake become very real. And because Rome really loves to controls everything he goes a little too far.  It is a lovely emotional read.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
When Hollywood hottest actor Rome Grier and mysterious woman's picture lands on the newspaper.  Now everyone wants to know if he has fall in love.  This could be perfect way to keep reporters and paparazzi from his brother.
Sophia moved to Hollywood to pursue a career as screenwriter and like everyone else, she is one of them who is struggling and still looking for opportunity.  She is keeping several jobs to keep her dream alive and when she was dog sitting Pongo she never knew she would be dog sitting for Rome Grier, the hottest actor.  She always dreamt of talking to him.
Rome and Sophia will start fake dating until feelings gets involved.  Everything seems to work out for both until everyone is assuming the worst for Sophia and she feels she is trapped.  Will Rome go after Sophia?
It was predictable yet it was enjoyable.  I think his brother will be an interesting story.
Thanks to Netgalley and Author for ARC.
LOVED this book! I couldn’t put it down! I read it in one day! I love the storyline and romance. First time reading a book by Gillian and I highly recommend.
This was an interesting read but it did take a while for me to read. Why? I just did not feel it. It was missing maybe a spark, I just never saw the attraction between the two main leads. One reason is that I found it a little boring. Sophie is just an adverage girl. She works several jobs while trying to be a screenwriter. One job is dog walker and its how she meets Rome. When the fake relationship starts it gets going slowly and I perfer a faster paced story. I liked Rome a lot but Sophie's character was a bit too peppy for me to love.
This is a great book. The two main characters are Sophia and Rome. Sophia is a dog walker and baristas, rRome is an actor. Sophia walks Rome’s dog. That’s how they meet Sophia is walking his dog, the dog sees Rome and runs to him. Rome’s brother is having a hard time with his estranged wife dies in an accident, So to  take the news off his brother, Rome ask Sophia to fake a date with him. They have some issues, together they work through them and fall in love.
This book was read thanks to NetGalley

This book has fake dating and it's so good, the story does a great job showing the characters and the motivations in why they do it first but as the story evolves so are their feelings!!!! I highly recommended to those who love fake dating as the main trope of their romance stories.
This was such a good story!  Celebrity, fake relationship romance, Rome and Sophia are in for a whirlwind.  The have a meet cute with his dog, and somehow she becomes part a plan to be in a fake relationship with her celebrity crush Rome.  But, there isn't any fake feelings going on between them at all.  I really enjoyed their story.  I can't wait for the brother's book!!!
This was a fantastic read! It’s sort of a “it could happen to you” romance. A regular girl can get the Hollywood stud. I loved Roman and his brothers (kind of put me in mind of the Hemsworth brothers) and can’t wait for more from Nix and King! 5 stars!
4 1/2 STARS!

Quick to catch my attention! Gillian Archer is kicking off a brand new Star Studded series with FALLING FOR ROME and I enjoyed these characters so much! A fake relationship is always a fun trope to follow, and when real chemistry is heating up ... even better! I can't wait to see more of this family as the series progresses.

Rome is attention grabbing as a successful actor with loads of family drama going on. I enjoyed his down-to-earth persona once his true nature came to the surface.

Sophia is all over the place in her life up to this point, but she was a real sweetheart and so much fun to watch shine.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a fake romance that turns all too real as emotions build and personalities light up.
A very quick romance with some really well done relationships.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an arc for an honest review!
So excited for this new series from Gillian! Sophia is a struggling screenwriter who moonlights as a barista and dog walker and seems to be starting to feel like she will never make her dreams a reality. While walking her latest dog assignment, the dog runs off and tackles someone, and while completely mortified, she gets even more embarrassed when the guy asks her why she’s trying to take his dog, and realizes he is none other than famous actor Roman (who is also one of her biggest crushes). Returning home early from his shoot due to the death of his sister-in-law, and with the press down his brother’s back, he concocts a plan to redirect the press to a different story – his fake relationship with Sophia. At first extremely hesitant, Sophia decides to take Roman up on his offer, but she has no idea what she’s in store for and that becomes apparent when she is essentially exiled to Roman’s place since everywhere else is swarmed with reporters. As the pair get to know each other, their agreement turns into more when they get to know each other outside the presumptions and fake news, but when Roman’s plans come to light, will it risk him losing Sophia forever? This was such a cute read, and I can’t wait to get the other brothers’ books, especially after getting a little bit of background on each of them!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
I have recently been on a romance binge and I been trying to broaden my romance collection a bit if that makes sense, I also am a self proclaimed fan girl for multiple celebs so felt why not pick up a book with a famous person trope.

This books followed Rome (the celeb) and Sophia (the normie). Romes brother is having a rough time with the media and paparazzi so Rome and his assistant come up with a plan to distract the media by Rome having a romance,  which is where Sophia comes in. Sophia is poor girl struggling to pay bills, working cafe jobs while chasing her dreams of being a screenwriter. She picks up an extra job of dog walking which turns out to be Rome's dog.

I was a bit sad at how fast Sophia and Rome met in the book and how fast the romance happened and progressed. I wished it maybe was more like a slow build to him falling for her instead of him fighting his urge to want to be with her straight away pretty much.

Although there was some family history into both of the characters, there wasn't as much as I would have liked and I ended the book feeling like I didn't really know a lot about either of them. I wasn't very invested in either of them. Nothing really stood out as being terrible but on the other hand nothing stood out as being great either.

One thing I found was weird was how it kept coming up that she was using him and why was she with him for when he was clearly seen as a good looking sought after guy and she was a young pretty girl. I just didn't really understand why there had to be some reason to why she was with other than they were attracted to each other and liked one another.

I see that this is the first in a series. I am unsure if I will carry on in the series. It was a quick easy read but nothing special and something that will probably fade my memory in a couple of months.
I enjoy Gillian Archer's books. I know I am going to get a story that I enjoy and it's going to have characters whom I not only like, but also feel like read people.

Rome is a Hollywood celebrity and Sophia is a barista, a dogwalker, and not a Hollywood celebrity...which is sort of the point.  The paparazzi catch them together, and in order to deflect some of the news off of his brother, Rome decides that fake dating Sophia is the best way to go.

Is the book a little predictable?  Yes, yes it is.  But, all romance is in a way as we all know how the book is going to end.  But, what is fun about this one is the journey in getting there.  I believed in their story, and their romance, and the actions of the people around them.  I did think the fake dating plan seemed a little silly, but what I did believe was the reason for doing it, and that the characters thought it was a good idea.

I enjoyed and recommend this title.
My oh my! What’s not to love about this book? This was such a quick read for me, I couldn’t put it down! I loved the main trope of fake dating with a famous love interest. Getting the dual pov between Sophia and Roman was nice to see what was they were thinking. I loved that Sophia kept going for her dreams regardless of what happened with her love life.

“It was the reason I couldn’t help falling for Rome.”

Authors Blurb: Hollywood’s hottest actor is off the market! Who’s the mystery woman that caught his eye…and his heart?

Rome: My brother’s whole world imploded this week, and the media coverage is relentless. My assistant has come up with the perfect plan to take the attention off him and put it on me. Who doesn’t love a love story? Now let’s see if what’s-her-name wants to make some money and industry connections. It’s a win-win.

Sophia: The whole world knows who the Grier brothers are. The sexy Hollywood actors are on every woman’s wish list—and if I’m honest, mine too. But then I met Roman Grier and totally embarrassed myself. At least I’ll never see him again.

Only now he’s pursuing me. Well, kinda. He is promising me the world. Literally. I’ve always wanted to be a screenwriter, and he’s got the connections to get me through the door—if I pretend to date him and lie to everyone. It’s only a few months, and it’s not like I’m going to fall for Roman Grier for real…

This was my first book of Gillian Archer’s and it certainly won’t be the last!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review. Falling for Rome is available on February 10th!
Trope: Fake dating

It was a good book. I wished there was more depth into the main character's background story, Roman Grier. As for the heroine, the author did well with Sophia's background story.

For the full review, https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4520909285?book_show_action=false