Cover Image: Twist on Tofu

Twist on Tofu

A good recommendation for those who are looking to incorporate tofu into their meal rotation for the first time. Readers will find some familiar dishes0( burritos, chili, burgers) as well as number of Asian dishes. Most recipes are lacto-ovo vegetarian, although I did see at least one using fish sauce, and several are vegan or vegan-adaptable. All sound delicious. I got hungry reading the cookbook. Handy guide for cutting the block of tofu into the correct shapes for each recipe which will help the tofu novice. Readers should have some basic competency in the kitchen before starting these recipes. There are few pictures of finished dishes, nor helpful pictures along the cooking process. Many recipes start with frying plain, unseasoned tofu.
Huge fan of tofu here! I was so excited to receive a net galley of Twist on Tofu by Corrine Trang. At my house, we love tofu so much that we buy it by the case from a little grocery in Gainesville called Ward’s.

As a clear tofu fanatic, I really appreciated the inclusion of not only savory dishes, but sweets and treats as well! Tofu is versatile and so easy to work with . This book can  take you from tofu noob to tofu pro in the space of a week.

I highly recommend this for libraries and anyone interested in cooking with tofu, for this is not only an excellent cookbook but a thorough tofu-prep primer.
I LOVE tofu and the couple of staple recipes we use in my house are a big hit however I needed some diversity for my tofu menu and Twist on Tofu certainly offers that! I loved the recipes in this book and look forward to trying more of them.
This book surprised me. I enjoy tofu but I had no idea it could be used so many different ways. Great pics and easy found ingredients make this a terrific cookbook!
I LOVE tofu, so I was instantly drawn to this recipe book. The recipes are interesting, easy to follow and range from a variety of cuisines. There was even a section at the beginning of the book which was sort of a 'primer' on tofu and cooking it. I would highly recommend this to those who are looking for new ways to utilise tofu in their cooking.
Happy Pub Week to Twist on Tofu!!!

📖 Cookbook Review 📖
Twist on Tofu by Corinne Trang

A whole book of Tofu recipes from starters and one pot dinners to snacks and desserts, it’s a veritable treasure trove of vegetarian recipes.

The recipes are inspired from different cuisines with perhaps a greater number of them inspired by Asian cuisine but you can also find Tofu Tacos and Tofu Buffalo ‘Wings’.

The recipes are quick and easy overall and the results are tasty and satisfying. A great find for Tofu lovers or those trying to fit in some meat-free meals into their busy week.

Thanks to @netgalley and @storeypub for an eARC in exchange for my honest review.
This book delivers exactly what it promises - a twist on tofu. There are so many great recipes and ideas in here, with lots of instructions on how to properly cook tofu. I wish I had this book when I was a vegetarian! The graphics are engaging and informative, the recipes easy-to-follow. I can't wait to make more tofu!
I am always looking for ways to incorporate more vegetarian food into our family’s meal rotation.  Twist on Tofu by Corrine Trang offers many exciting and creative ideas for using this amazing protein source.  This book offers many ideas for tofu, all of which are easy to achieve and leave my mouth watering just thinking of the flavours.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to incorporate more tofu into their diet and anyone already regularly eating tofu who is looking for inspiration.

Thank you NetGalley and Storey Publishing for the ARC of the book.
Whether you’re very familiar with tofu as an ingredient or just beginning to add it to your diet, this book is valuable crash course in the popular vegan/vegetarian food. To start, you get a brief overview of how to approach this ubiquitous ingredient that’s so often found vegan/vegetarian dishes, and you’ll learn briefly about the two basic kinds of tofu and how to cut it up for recipes. However, the majority of the book is a plethora of recipes featuring the ingredient, and those range from tacos to buffalo “wings” to bibimbap to everything in between.

One of the main things I enjoyed about this book is how it’s organized. It’s sorted by types of dishes (starters/small plates, soups/salads, mains, etc.), and I like that I could just open it up and peruse the sandwich chapter when I knew that’s what I wanted versus having to navigate tons of other options to get to what I was looking for. Also, the recipes are very user friendly. I didn’t encounter/use a recipe that I didn’t feel I could handle easily, and I’m just your average vegetarian home cook. Moreover, I love the fact that I was able to go to my regular grocery store to find the needed ingredients.

Overall, this is a very straightforward cookbook that focuses on tofu. Even if you’re new to this vegan/vegetarian staple, you’ll be able to utilize the recipes and tips you’ll learn in this book. I’d recommend it for a novice cook of any kind as well as a vegan/vegetarian looking for recipes that feature tofu that they may have not thought to try yet.
If you enjoy tofu in Asian dishes and are thinking about trying it in other ways, this would be a good cookbook.  I found recipes for dishes like lasagne, french fries, chopped salad and burritos, all with tofu in them.  The recipes appear to be easy to follow and mouth-watering photos add to the appeal for some recipes.  However, not all recipes have photos and this is a negative for me, as I must see the finished product to want to try the recipe. I also think a few too many pages at the beginning of the book were devoted to different methods of cutting the tofu blocks.  Nice diagrams, but as a novice tofu user, I fail to see the need for such detail.   For those reasons, the cookbook doesn't earn 5 stars in my review, but still it has some enticing new ways to cook with tofu.

Thank you NetGalley and Storey Publishing for sending this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.
A surprisingly well-rounded, vegetarian (mostly and generally easily-veganized) cookbook that takes tofu to lots of places. This would be great for those who are new to tofu but also anyone who wants that one party-friendly dish available at a moment's notice. I also think there are a couple recipes here where tofu really works as a surprise!protein, which some parents might enjoy for picky eaters. Great pictures, clear descriptors, and a lovely glossary of the less everyday ingredients in the back which doesn't make any assumptions, whether dietary or cultural.
Thank you to Storey Publishing and NetGalley for an advanced copy of Twist on Tofu.

I enjoyed the introduction to this book because it gave a lot of information on tofu and its history. I didn't find the recipes to be new, interesting, or out of the ordinary, however. If you've never cooked with tofu before, this might be a good place to start, but I was looking for more.
Thank you Storey Press and NetGalley for the advanced electronic review copy of this great book. I enjoyed discovering many creative ways to use tofu from appetizer to soup to dessert and everything in between. The book also includes information about different types of tofu (silken, firm, etc) and which type would work best in which recipe. It is a wonderful addition to any cookbook collection and I greatly recommend this book.
While quite comfortable with tofu and vegetarian and vegan cooking, I found many recipes in this book interesting and approachable for both new and seasoned chefs alike. The layout was quite simple and bland, and didn't necessarily capture the nuanced and adaptable ingredient that is tofu. Many recipes also contain non vegan ingredients, but all easily substituted for those that would like. Thank you for access to this book.
I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review!

I consider myself an amateur tofu enthusiast. I love tofu but don't know what to use it in.

I absolutely love the recipes in this book. I have already tried the tofu wings and they were amazing. Iove that not only does this give me recipes to try, but it has given me ideas of recipes I can create on my own. I am excited to try other recipes in this book!
This was a great recipe book. I liked seeing all the different recipes with tofu and the different ways to incorporate into dishes. It had some great ideas and the photographs looked good.
I am in the middle of one of my meat is evil period and I was looking for ideas for alternatives  not all the family aprichiate d the animal protein based aka meat desert but me and my girl d’umidità liked trying and discovering new tastes. Good a keeper
This is a great introduction to using tofu. I Never would have thought to put it in a soup, on baked potatoes, in lasagna or use in Mexican style foods.
Twist on Tofu
Corrine Trang
Storey Publishing

Twist on Tofu is an easy-to-follow recipe book that begins with an overview of the different types of tofu and how to slice it. The photos are a big help, and her recipes are mouth-watering. For the beginner it is a god-send. Finally, the mysteries of tofu are revealed!

Recipes include appetizers, small plates, soups, salads, sandwiches, and one-dish meals. Oh, how could I forget desserts like Tofu Banana Chocolate Pudding, Tofu Mocha Brownies, and Tofu Almond Matcha Fool!

Everyone who enjoys tofu or just wants to try it out will enjoy this cookbook loaded with beautiful, helpful recipes. It’s a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ book.

Thank you #NetGalley and #StoreyPublishing for the arc. The opinions are my own.
Hmm, maybe…just maybe…I’m in a tofu rut.

I have my favourite recipes, and I use them repeatedly. So I was super happy to review Twist on Tofu by Corinne Trang.  Thanks Netgalley, Storey Publishing, and Corinne Trang for the free ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.

It’s a book that gives us all a few ideas on how to change up our vegetarian dinners with tofu as a main ingredient. “Tofu is a sponge. It absorbs all sorts of flavors…It’s versatile. It can be braised, grilled, steamed, poached, stir-fried, deep-fried, or pan-crisped and added to soups or salads or everything in between.” Trang points out that tofu is a complete protein, entirely plant based, and economic! She notes, “When you adopt a different perspective, have a little patience, and practice using tofu, you will open a door to endless possibilities in the kitchen.”

This cookbook will appeal to seasoned tofu users like me, and beginners alike. It has an informative Tofu 101 section that delivers all the basics you’ll need to get up to speed, even handy pictures on how to cut the block into appropriate-sized pieces!

I decided on three recipes to try:

Tofu Tacos: The tofu here was a nice filler, prepared using the shallow fry method. The star of the dish, though, was the amazing, tangy, salty vinegared red cabbage. The tacos came together nicely, and I made a salad of all the leftover toppings the next day.

Tofu Loaf: This was amazing! This is the takeaway recipe for me from this book. It’s a bit fragile, but the umami flavour from the shitake mushrooms and the hyper-tangy glaze made this soar. It was great left over, and I’ve frozen some too.

Tofu Mocha Brownies: I followed the recipe faithfully and these didn’t resemble brownies. The texture was a bit gelatinous. They tasted alright and froze well, so I’m eating them for snacks!

I had fun with Twist on Tofu!  Mostly, the recipes I tried worked well…and that Tofu Loaf? That’s going on repeat in my kitchen!