Cover Image: Buster's Trip to Victory Lane

Buster's Trip to Victory Lane

This is the story of Buster and how he overcomes his nervousness with some advice from his team mates. With the advice of Click, Couch Hog, and Jimmy Jam when race day comes and Buster thinks all is lost he's able to overcome his nervousness and make it to victory lane. He learns that a good way to overcome your nervousness is to help someone else with theirs.
This is a great book about teamwork. It showed you don’t always have to win to be a winner. Buster is scared as he is on a new team for racing. He starts second guessing himself, but through the help of his team he realizes what is really important and gains his confidence back. I really like the glossary in the back that explains some racing terms used in this book. The book is colorful and the cars are very cute. I recommend this book for any toddler or early elementary school boy or girls library.
Very cute! Definitely recommended. It's probably for older children because there are a lot of words and lots of characters, but reading this to younger children could be fun too. The pictures are great. Lots going on, but there's a dictionary at the end. And the front matter with the cast of characters was adorable. Really liked this one.
I had a lot of fun reading this book. Life for Buster is far from perfect as they try to fit into a new racing team. During practice nothing ever seemed to go right for them. The day of a big race had a rough start, but along the way Buster learned a great lesson. As this story comes to a close life for Buster will never be the same
My father was an avid Nascar fan and watched almost every weekend! I through him learned all about the racers and the cars and what was happening with each pit stop and go around! It was a connection that was build over time and one I loved. My father has passed and my son didn’t get much time with him unfortunately but finding books like this on his level ( he is 3) that can help me connect my father to my son with a new shared interest warms my heart! This story is wrote by a fan favorite NASCAR driver and brings the magic of the racetrack to life with fun characters and a simple story that was easy for my son to follow, full of good morals and silly laughs along the way! Any parent that has a love for NASCAR and wants to share a bit of that with a little one has found the perfect book to do just that! I hope there will be more books to come to continue Buster’s story!
Our toddler has been so into cars lately and this was right up his alley, or should I say speedway? He loved the book and I personally thought the illustrations were really great, the text was easy for a toddler to comprehend and for mom and dad to make it fun.
Thanks to Thomas Nelson & NetGalley for the copy in exchange for an honest review. A sweet story about how failure shapes us and makes us better! The kids obsessed with cars will definitely enjoy this book.
Buster's Trip to Victory Lane by Dale Earnhardt Jr is an illustrated children's book featuring race cars! The story is great and the illustrations are beautiful. Our kids loved the story. This book would be a great gift!

*I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my review.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and all opinions expressed are my own.

Such a cute book that encourages children to be brave and try things out of their comfort zone. If you are a family who enjoys racing, or just cars in general, then you will love this book. It includes a racing dictionary in the end to help your kiddos with some of the lingo that is used throughout the book.

This book is recommended for children, ages 4-8, but I think it is better suited for 7-9 year olds as there are some bigger words that younger children will have a hard time pronouncing. If you purchase this book for a younger child, it’s definitely one you will have to read along with them.
Thank you NetGalley and Thomas Nelson: Children's for accepting my request to read and review Buster's Trip to Victory Lane.

Author:  Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Published:  10/11/22
Genre:  Children's Fiction

Buster has it all, but what is all?  The author shows that all and Victory Lane are the same if you win or lose when you work as a team.  In addition, Earnhardt includes Buster's individual fears and insecurities, as well as the use and need for a coach. When one member wins, the whole team wins.

There is a racing dictionary following the story. I read this on a Fire Tablet.  While the dictionary was helpful for unknown terms, the story lost momentum.  I glanced over the terms after reading the story, and found it interesting.

The illustrations are colorful, bright and striking throughout.

As a gift, I would make certain the child is a racing fan.  I see this primarily giftable to Earnhardt, Jr and NASCAR fans of all ages and gender.
Buster's Trip to Victory Lane is a sweet (and at times silly) tale of a car who gets nervous om race day. At its core, this book contains great message of teamwork, focus, and reframing mistakes as opportunities. Perfect for preK through early elementary. The illustrations are fantastic as well!
We are Dale Jr fans in my house so I had to check out his childrens book. And just like his driving skills, this did not disappoint! Super cute story for little ones about being anxious and overcoming it.
A good book with nice illustrations. Children will enjoy it. Our library has purchased this title.
Thank you to Net Galley for this ARC copy.
The messages behind this action-packed story are universal and readers will see themselves inside. Learning to overcome performance anxiety by helping others is an excellent life lesson. Readers will learn so much about racing too, especially with the racing terms defined in kid-friendly definitions in the backmatter. The story itself, however, is very wordy and tells more than it shows.
This is a fantastic book to read to your little ones both young and old that gives them a lesson as well. NASCAR legend Dale Earnhart Jr. wrote this book about facing your fears and never giving up, something all of us need reminding of.
This was such a cute story about a race car that “keeps breaking things.” But the best part was the message about not letting your nerves and fears get the best of you, and not letting them hold you back. Buster overcame those worries and did his best all while helping a friend in the process. The illustrations were fantastic as well.
I received and ARC of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Recommend from birth and up! People who love racing will love it extra much.

This is a sweet little story and teamwork and self-love told and illustrated in the spirit of John Cena's Elbow Grease. Earnhardt does not disappoint. Usually one would gravitate toward a story like this for boys, but one of the race cars is female and the book is dedicated to his two daughters. It's a great choice for everyone!
A refreshing positive story to help with kids facing confidence issues.  The plot is timely, artwork is vibrant and the characters are fun and relatable.  Perfect for youngsters who love car racing as well as those nervous about making mistakes.
Thank you, Thomas Nelson CHILDREN’s, for the advance reading copy.

I love how fun and adventurous this one is!

A story about not giving up and living your passion is what it is all about!

You will get to learn about a few basic things about racing and racing cars!

The illustration is good!
This was such a fun book! I love NASCAR racing it is something my Grandpa and I would watch together. I liked that the story was fun and also had a lesson in it. I liked that you met the team before the story began and got a little information on them. The graphics were fun. It is definitely one I think would be fun to read to your kids.