Cover Image: On the Way to Christmas

On the Way to Christmas

I’ve missed reading Melissa Ferguson’s books… She’s a favorite and always will be.

Okay, let’s start with Elodie… Wow, man, okay, she’s something…

Now, the story was quite elf related which personally was not my favorite, however the story was overall cute, funny, and a really fun read.

The ending was perfect and showed the humor that I love so much coming from Ferguson.

Warnings: told in first person, which I mentioned as I know some readers don’t like first person point of view, mentions of elf thing, mentions of a character saying expletives but they are not shown,

*read on Hoopla*
Between Thanksgiving and Christmas anything can happen in these three sweet romances.  All three deal with second chances and do-over romances.  This book will definitely get you in the Christmas mood, and each will seem like it could be a Christmas movie especially the one set on the train that has a touch of "Polar Express" feel to it.  Each story has a lovely reminder of the real meaning of Christmas.  Quick, enjoyable novellas for the Christmas holidays when you have a moment to relax during this hectic time.
Do you enjoy preparing your heart for the season by reading some holiday stories? If so, then On the Way to Christmas is definitely recommended.

This is a three story novella collection. Each story is well written and doesn’t feel rushed. A Christmas Do Over opens the set with former mean girl Darby. She doesn’t usually come home for Christmas but after losing her job, she’s got few options. But coming back to the place where you treated almost everyone with contempt isn’t easy. Darby must make amends with family, decide who to be friends with, and repair the one relationship that holds the key to future happiness. I struggled with Darby because she was mean and with precious few consequences, got everything she wanted. But the story is a great picture of grace and repentance in action and I enjoyed it overall.

Dashing Through the Snow pulled me in quite quickly with great characterization. Heartbroken Willow jumps on The Christmas Express on her own. After narrowly avoiding a snake loving elf, she begins caring for the train’s owner, without realizing that’s who he is. This is a really fun and tender story and it did warm my heart.

And in A Perfectly Splendid Christmas, Kacey comes home to help her sister out and runs into her former best friend, the boy (now man) she’d always wished would ask her out but never did. But with her eyes on the city and his on small town life, how can they build a future? This is the perfect ending to a lovely collection of stories.

I’d recommend a blanket, a hot chocolate and putting your feet up with this book and your heart will for sure be On the Way to Christmas. I received a copy from the publisher, the opinions are all mine.
I enjoyed all three stories in On The way To Christmas. Each story came together with amazing characters, love and cheers.

A Christmas Do-Over
This was such a cute story with a great ending. Imagine having to go back home for the Holidays to a town you don’t like and see a sister that hate you, Right after getting fired from you Job. That’s happen to Darby right before going home for Christmas. Darby had a lot of issues and people she wanted to avoid. This story has issues, forgiveness and a do over packed in one.

Dashing through the Snow
After being dumped by her long time boyfriend, Willow still goes on a train ride that was booked for them. During this journey she meets two men who captures her attention. This story is filled with kindness, moving on and keeping your faith.

A perfectly Splendid Christmas
This story and small town captured my attention instantly. While reading I couldn’t help picturing the small town where Kacey grow up. Kacey came back home to help her Sister’s business. While home, she bumped into her childhood best friend who she has always loved. Follow along as they try to move on as adults.
This book contains three novellas that aim to get any reader into the Christmas spirit. In the first story, Darby returns to her hometown at Christmas, planning to mend fences with people whom she offended in the past. Darby finds this a daunting task, especially as she tried to reunite with her beloved sister. As the season commences, Darby also encounters her lost friend from the past, but will he prove to be more than a friend?

The second story introduces readers to Willow, as she embarks upon an adventurous trip aboard the Christmas Express after her long time boyfriend ends their relationship. As she gets to know the Christmas Express family members and staff, Willow finds a very special Christmas adventure awaits her,

The third story features Kacey, as she and her mom help sister Dani at her bakery when Dani's family falls upon hard times. As Kacey celebrates Christmas in her small home town, she becomes reacquainted with her high school sweetheart. Will their romance turn out to be the real thing, or just a slice of Christmas magic?

These three stories are clean and sweet reads, appropriate for the season, with messages of reconciliation and a return to what really matters in life. Each story can be read in one sitting.

I received this book from the publisher Thomas Nelson and from NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
Three short Christmas stories to kick off the spirit of the season!

One story is about a former mean girl that loses her job and comes back home.  Can she make amends with her childhood best friend, her sister, and others who she made miserable with her nastiness?

The second story was my favorite!  Willow's longtime boyfriend dumps her right before they are set to take a two week train trip on the Christmas Express.  She decides to take the trip on her own and realizes her heart may not be broken after all.

The last story is about Kacey.  She loves living in the big city, but comes home to help her sister her bakery while working remote.  She reconnects with her former classmate, but she plans to head back to her old life once the holidays are over.
On the Way to Christmas is a well written collection of novellas.  I definitely recommend this book.  My thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my advance ebook.  This is my unbiased review.
On the Way to Christmas is perfect for the reader looking for short, sweet stories during the busiest time of the year. Each novella is a stand alone story that is wholesome and are stand alone stories. My favorite was "Dashing through the Snow" about a two week Christmas train trip that made me wish I could take such a trip!
None of the stories will take the reader to a deeper level of reading, but are cute and will make the Christmas season better!
I received a complimentary copy of On the Way to Christmas thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley, but all opinions are my own.
A little something for everyone in this delightful Christmas novella collection with a new to me author thrown in.
If this book doesn't get you into the Christmas mood, I don't know what will!
The cover of this book is sooooo cute!
This sweet book left my heart feeling full and satisfied.
Each of these reminds of a Christmas movie especially the train one ( Polar Express and A Christmas Carol), then Darby's mean attitude.
I love the sweet messages of Christmas. They are a gentle reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.
5 stars for a job well done! I highly recommend!
My thanks for a copy of this book. I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
"A Christmas Do-Over" by Sheila Roberts wasn't my cup of tea, but readers who enjoy personal redemption stories will enjoy it.

I absolutely adored "Dashing Through the Snow" by Melissa Ferguson! This story would make the perfect, quintessential Hallmark Christmas movie. The idea of the Christmas train is delightful, and I wish I could ride it and go on all the excursions. Each of the characters is unique and adds a touch of whimsy and emotion to the story. I even teared up a bit at the end.

"A Perfectly Splendid Christmas" by Amy Clipston was a perfect cozy holiday read. It starts before Thanksgiving and goes through Christmas as two old high school friends reconnect. The timing never seemed to work for Kacey and Drew, but is there room for a Christmas miracle? This story has all the elements you want from a seasonal read: a bakery with Christmas goodies, cute kids singing Christmas songs, Christmas trees snow, a family around the Thanksgiving table. There's some angst in there as well, so it was an entertaining read overall.
The wonderfully delightful novella collection On the Way to Christmas was written by Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson (two new authors to me) and Amy Clipston.

Each story will warm the cockles of your heart.  You can't help but feel the spirit of the season as you take part in Darby's mean girl attitude transformation in Sheila Roberts' "Christmas Do-Over," experience an exciting Christmas train ride in Melissa Ferguson's "Dashing Through the Snow" and drool over delectable fresh bakery treats in Amy Clipston's "A Perfectly Splendid Christmas."

Although I wasn't sure about the two new authors to me, I decided to take a chance because the book sounded so intriguing. I'm very glad I did because the stories were ideal for the holiday season. Of course, Amy Clipston's tale cannot be overlooked. I always enjoy them!

So, grab your favorite blanket, curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and settle back to enjoy three distinct yet wonderful Christmas stories!

I received a review copy of this book from NetGalley. All opinions are my own, and I am voluntarily leaving this review.
Cute collection of 3 holiday Hallmark-esque romance stories; they were very tame and very cute with just a touch of religion to them.
Hallmark like stories to get you into the Christmas season.  Quick easy reads by three different authors all put together in one book. Thanks for the advanced copies
Anytime I see Sheila Roberts’ name on a holiday or Christmas story I know it is going to be good! This one does not disappoint, as it has three different stories in it. Each story is nicely written and is a quick read for a little Christmas spirit. I love how each story has a very strong plot and the characters feel so lifelike. If you were looking for a great new holiday book, this would be a perfect addition to your reading.
This book has three cute stories that held my interest. It was a quick easy read. Perfect for an evening of reading when you need to unwind.
I loved reading Darcy, Willow, and Kacey's stories. These are three stories by three different authors about home, family, starting over, adventures, and love. What a better way to find yourself and rebuild your life than at Christmastime. Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson, and Amy Clipston, write three novellas about what was thought to be a perfect life has you running either home, or away, to find your true dreams.  Love it!
If you like Hallmark Christmas movies, you may love "On the Way to Christmas." A collection of three novellas featuring Christmas romances, I was expecting feel-good holiday cheer. But to me, the stories felt rushed and a even a few characters disconcerting by turns.

Obviously, a downside of novellas is that you may feel like you missed the back story because there wasn't enough time for character development. But "A Christmas Do-Over" left me feeling like I missed the first chapters.

"Dashing Through the Snow" had Melissa Ferguson's characteristic originality. But one of the characters set me so on edge, I had a hard time trusting the rest of the characters who trusted this guy.

"A Perfectly Splendid Christmas" was what I expect from a Hallmark style Christmas novella. Small town guy and big city girl reconnect at Christmas and in a few impossibly short scenes have to decide if their love is worth changing their locations and life goals. No major complaints except the timeline, which again, is a downside of novellas.
This is a collection of three very well written Christmas stories by three very talented authors. Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson and Amy Clipston. Each book has characters that are well defined. The storyline in each book includes romance, trials, friendships, growing of characters, heartwarming reads. Highly recommend. I was given an advanced copy of this book to read and I am freely leaving my review.
Description from christianbook.com :

A Christmas Do-Over when job loss forces her to return to her small hometown.

A Yuletide breakup sends Willow Dashing Through the Snow solo on the Christmas Express---with hilarious results.

And big-city Kacey and small-town Drew share A Perfectly Splendid Christmas. But where do they go from here?

I know that I'm not the only one reaching for feel-good Christmas stories early this year.  As the world seems heavy and exhausting, we all need stories of hope and joy.
Of the three stories, Dashing Through the Snow  was by far my favorite; I loved the story of a Christmas train ride, and the characters made it so much fun.

Overall, I give this book 3 stars, but Dashing Through the Snow is a 4-star story.

I received a digital copy of this book, via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest review.
On the Way to Christmas is a fun collection of novellas set during the most wonderful time of the year. Sheila Roberts, Melissa Ferguson, and Amy Clipston bring us three stories of forgiveness, redemption, healing and faith. Sheila Roberts's story brings us Darby walking the walk to redemption. Known as the mean girl, people are not exactly clamoring to have her back. Will she find her redemption? Melissa Ferguson tells us the tale of Willow. Dumped on the eve of a wonderful Christmas trip, Willow decides to persevere and go alone. Will three men show her that all is not lost? Finally Amy Clipston introduces us to Kacey, a big city girl who gets called back to her small home town.  While helping her sister, Kacey falls in love with her old love, small town guy, Drew.  Will they meet somewhere in the middle?  I love how these stories tackle real life problems during a magical time of year. I received a copy through Netgalley.  A review was not required.