Cover Image: The Bride of Blackfriars Lane

The Bride of Blackfriars Lane

4.5 stars!
I really enjoyed this book! It’s a continuation of Kit’s and Jackson’s story, so I highly recommend reading “The Thief of Blackfriars Lane” first. Kit and Jackson continue investigating cases together while also dealing with trust issues in their relationship, can they overcome these issues and build a life together? This book had the perfect blend of mystery, intrigue, and sweet historical romance. Highly recommend!
I did not finish this book. I am sorry. I got excited when I started my netgalley account this past year and should not have clicked request on so many. . Especially one that is the second in a series that I haven’t read. I got very overwhelmed and I won’t make this mistake again. Sorry again! I hope this doesn’t hinder me for the future with netgalley.
I adore this book. The writer has done an excellent job with the creativity of the main characters. Kit and Jackson are a fabulous tag team couple in the fighting crime world. This book has exciting action and intriguing mystery. I was entertained during the reading of the book.
Hi! I am so grateful to NetGalley for having provided me with an ARC of the Bride of Blackfriars Lane. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle Griep and her books... her stories, characters, settings, plots and writing style. While I enjoyed the Thief of Blackfriars Lane a tad more than that of the Bride of Blackfriars Lane, it is so comforting to see returning characters. The Bride of Blackfriars Lane is a terrific sequel, and I always feel as though I have stepped back in time and am in lock-step with the hero and heroine. Kit and Jackson are brilliantly-created. Michelle Griep has an awesome talent, and to be able to draw the reader in with such a romance of attracted opposites is fantastic. I enjoyed the romance and mystery juxtaposed with this historical time-travel. Definitely recommend!!
It was so fun to return to Blackfriars Lane with Kit and Jackson! I was so excited when Michelle Griep announced there was to be a second book for these two. I loved them in the first one and really enjoyed watching them work side by side. I always enjoy having a second book with characters that I've become connected to.

Kit and Jackson have some exciting news...they're getting married! But, of course it is not going to be all sunshine and daisies. They still have a few things to learn about each other and about building a good strong relationship. There are plenty of ups and downs in the book and in their relationship. There were a few moments that I just wanted to take them and say "wake up and just talk!" But if I did that we'd miss all the fun and mystery and suspense that ensued.

Lots of unknowns in regards to new cases and an old case that detective Jackson needs to figure out before anyone else gets hurts, especially Kit. All he wants is to protect her. All she wants is to protect him.

I loved the banter and quick wits of these two. I enjoyed the additional insight into their extended family members and how it all wove together to create this great story. My mind was thinking quickly, trying to solve the case along with Jackson and Kit and trying to think of how certain scenarios would pan out.

Content: Clean. Some murder, mystery, suspense, whodunnit, sweet romance, Christian fiction and talk of God.

I received a copy from the publisher, Barbour Publishing, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions in the review are my own.

Happy Reading!!!
I have been waiting rather impatiently for more on Kit and Jackson.

This book did not disappoint! There were some moments I almost had a fit. Overall it was exactly what I was wanting in a book. Really trying not to divulge spoilers! I really hope there will be more adventures on the way with Kit and Jackson. I am hoping there might be another.
What a great book this was! I have not read the first one but other than learning the backstory of the characters you will be able to follow this one pretty well. That being said I am going to read the first one which is waiting for me on my TBR shelf! This story was full of action from beginning to end and definitely kept you turning the pages.

The characters were great. Kit is spunky, resourceful and extremely stubborn while Jackson is her true balance being steady, devoted but equally as stubborn which is cause for some very fun times throughout the story. I did chuckle out loud once or twice.

There are definitely some twists and turns I was not expecting which always makes for a great read. The thread of faith is strong as the characters learn not only about each other but truly relying on God for everything.

Overall I enjoyed this read and I definitely recommend it!

I received a copy of this book through Celebrate Lit. I was not required to post a positive review. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
Enjoyable but just ever so slightly off and I cannot put my finger on why precisely.  I will read more from this author to see if the "off" component was just this book or my mood when I read the book.
The first book in this series was fun, so I was glad to return to the story and see where the couple was heading. The story is not without it's obstacles, but I was thrilled to get some answers to the unfinished mystery from the first book!
This was a fun read! The mystery and suspense in it kept me guessing until the end. I haven't read the first book in the series, so I could tell there was some back story that I was missing but it was nice to see how Kit and Jackson developed as individuals and in their relationship with each other throughout the book.
Kit Turner never thought she’d meet anyone who could keep up with her, let alone find a man to marry. After falling head over heels for Jackson Forge, Kit is ready to walk down the aisle and say, “I do,” but is she prepared for what being a married lady entails? Kit thinks so; however, as she seeks to bring the men who maimed Jackson’s brother to justice, she will need to humble herself if she’s going to make it to the altar.

Jackson Forge feels like the luckiest man on earth. Not only has he captured the heart of a wild vixen, but he has been promoted to Inspector at his precinct! Life couldn’t be better for him. Unfortunately, as his wedding day approaches, Jackson’s attempts to tame Kit cause her to push back. Will they be able to work out their differences, or was their whirlwind romance never destined for the long haul?

Book sequels will either live up to the hype of the first novel or struggle to revive the magic. The Thief of Blackfriar’s Lane was one of my favorite books of last year, so when I heard there would be a sequel, I was excited to read the mischief these enemies turned lovers would get up to, this time as a united front. Sadly, my hopes were squelched as they spent most of the book at odds with one another.

While there were a couple of points that stood out to me and an encouraging faith message throughout the narrative, I was ultimately underwhelmed and disappointed with the storyline of The Bride of Blackfriar's Lane. In fact, I began to hate Jackson and hoped he and Kit wouldn’t end up together. Kit is not a quiet, respectable lady who needs saving, yet Jackson’s need to keep her safe restricted the spunk and fearlessness he’d initially fallen in love with! Pride comes before the fall, and he and Kit certainly fall hard as they refuse to reveal their weaknesses or ask for help, continually sabotaging one another as they keep secrets and wrestle with solving the separate cases they’re working on.

We often make the same mistakes as Jackson and Kit in our relationships — choosing to tumble down the bumpy road rather than humbling ourselves and acknowledging that we can’t do life alone — so I’m grateful that Michelle Griep addressed these topics. Nevertheless, it wasn’t enough to restore the sparks and thrill I felt when reading the first book in this series.

*Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher, for providing me with a pre-release copy of this novel. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own*
Such a great sequel to the series! There were a few times I wanted to knock sense into Kit and Jackson when it came to their love lives, but all in all another fun read by Michelle Griep. Full of humor and lots of twists, solving the impossible becomes possible when Kit and Jackson team up to find answers and justice.
The Bride of Blackfriars Lane by Michelle Griep is the sequel to The Thief of Blackfriars Lane. It’s another adventure with Kit Turner and Inspector Jackson Forge. Coming from different backgrounds, these two compliment each other well when it comes to solving mysteries.

With so much going on to solve things that come up, it appears Kit and Jackson even have time to get married! Or not, after Jackson is left for hours with Kit nowhere to be found! where could she be? Did she get cold feet? This is just the start of their adventure!

Without sharing the whole plot of this wonderfully written book, I give it 5 out of 5 tiaras because Kit and Jackson often end up tracking down some thing or somebody to random and crazy adventures!
A fun follow up to the first book, but lacking the dynamic and adventure of its predecessor. Although I enjoyed catching up with these characters this is not a traditional romance sequel- it follows the same couple from book one. It just felt like it was lacking something.
It's another adventure for Kit and Jackson. It's set in Victorian era and that's why it piqued my interest.
It is fast paced and it is a story of learning how to reconcile differences in relationships.
When I heard about the sequel, Bride of Blackfriar’s Lane, I was anxious to read it!  I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and was excited to get back to Jackson and Kit as they solve crimes in London as the most unlikely of pairs. It was a long-awaited book that I was excited to read.

One might assume the direction the author would go based on the title of the book. However, Michelle Griep takes the reader on an unexpected route. I enjoyed how it was not predictable and one wondered what would happen next. As the first one, the reader is put in the midst of the crime trying to piece the pieces together along with Kit and Jackson. I love the way Griep created a new story with characters that I enjoy reading about.

I would definitely recommend this book.  I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review.
What an adventure this continuation of Jackson and Kit's story was. Such fiery passion coupled with some serious stubbornness made this a read that was riveting all the while wondering if these two will ever be husband and wife.

Inspector Jackson and former street swindler Kit are just weeks from getting married. Both can hardly wait to start their lives together as they love each other fiercely. In all the wedding hubbub, Jackson is still working with the help of Kit and her investigating. Jackson meanwhile is offered a job that pays very well, yet he cannot take his new bride on this adventure, and he will be away for a year. As much as he could use the money, he does not want to leave Kit for a whole year.

Kit has plans of her own especially when it concerns the wedding gift she wants to give to Jackson. This gift though, is one that will not be so easy to get and could very well be dangerous in the acquiring. Unfortunately, it just might keep her from the man she loves. Will Kit ever learn to let things go? Or at the very least confide in someone?

The authenticity of the language and the street scenes set the atmosphere and backdrop of this highly anticipated read. My heart was beating hard for Kit and Jackson to just open their eyes and let go of some of their stubbornness and embrace one another. They loved each other so much, but sometimes were blinded by their own selves. Needless to say, this was quite an adventure, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I was provided a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.
Riveting, romantic, and hard to put down! The Bride of Blackfriars Lane is the second book in the Blackfriars Lane series and is just as exciting and romantic as the first book. With fantastic descriptions, witty prose, heartfelt romance, and fabulous characters, Michelle Griep makes this Victorian age mystery really come to life.

From one mystery to the next, Jackson and Kit work together to solve the various crimes all while preparing for their upcoming wedding. Trying to think of the perfect gift for Jackson, Kit tries to solve the mystery of the brutal beating of Jackson’s brother which left him so damaged. But, when she stumbles into an old murder in an abandoned warehouse, she risks not only losing her life but Jackson as well.

This mystery kept me on the edge of my seat! There was non-stop action as Jackson and Kit go from one mystery to the next. I honestly wasn’t sure how the book would end. It’s a multilayered mystery that will keeping you guessing.

The romance between Kit and Jackson is fantastic. Although it’s touch and go in this one if they will get married. Trust is broken on both sides and it will take everything they have to see if they can find forgiveness and regain trust.

With a subtle religious message, swoony romance, a bit of humor, and edge of your seat suspense/action, this book is a must read! It can be read as a standalone, but is more enjoyable if you’ve read the previous book. I can’t wait to see what else is in store for these two. I purchased the audiobook version which is fantastic and also received an advanced complimentary copy from the publisher through CelebrateLit. All opinions are my own and I was not required to provide a positive review.
Jackson and Kit are back in a brand new adventure, as they prepare for their upcoming nuptials.

A rollicking Victorian adventure, full of wit and charm, that is nearly impossible to put down. I loved seeing many returning faces as well as meeting new faces along the way. Kit and Jackson must navigate their differences as they prepare for their life together, and I liked that they both had to realize they would have to change and it wasn't as easy as happily ever after.

I loved Kit's friendships with Frankie and James, she has a huge heart despite her impulsive nature. Jackson is the perfect foil for Kit, professional and a rule follower, yet endlessly devoted to her.

Overall, an enjoyable read, action packed, with strong themes of trust and forgiveness, along with memorable characters that you can cheer for all the way through!

Great story. I don’t read a lot from the Regency/Victorian period but this was enjoyable. The story has lots of action and adventure. It is not predictable but full of challenges, mystery, and danger. Kit is independent and resourceful which sometimes gets her in a jam. Jackson is likeable, interesting and stubborn. I also really like the character of Jackson’s brother and his story. I wish I had read The Thief of Blackfriars Lane first but I wasn’t lost having not done so.
Thanks to NetGalley and Barbour for the opportunity the read for my honest review.