Cover Image: Frankly Feminist

Frankly Feminist

An amazing short story collection !
Refreshing, with it's various point of views !
The combination of judaism and feminism in a twenty-first century perspective makes this book an absolute must-read !
A fascinating collection of Jewish feminist authors.So many diverse essays a rich collection,I have discovered many essayists  I will be looking for more of their writing.#Netgalley #franklyfeminist.
YES! YES!! YES!!! This is incredible. I genuinely don't know what else to say other than I loved it so very much. Every story was perfect. I can't wait to read this again, next time with a physical copy, and annotate it!
I read this through NetGalley. It’s not my usual type of book, I mostly read it to try and diversify what I read, both in terms of world view and taking a step away from my usual romance and fantasy books. I found a lot of the story’s really funny and interesting, and they are all varied in the style of writing. I don’t share many of the experience that are written about, growing up atheist and in a different country from my family, I loved reading about all of the stories from a very different perspective than mine.
Frankly Feminist is a wonderful assembly of perspective, with exploration and world views from a variety of voices. Well worth reading and sharing. Thought provoking.
It’s no secret that I adore a short story collection, so I snapped this one up when I saw the description. The themes of each story shone through so vividly, and in my opinion, the following topics really stood out:
The old vs the new, tradition vs change, family roots and justice.

It’s such an important collection and reading those stories really enlightened me on a multitude of topics!
This book was a very enticing read! I personally enjoy reading books about minorities’ experiences and I think this did a lovely job executing the tribulations Jewish women go through! I fully recommend it to others and it was an especially nice read for a collection of short stories
Towards the beginning of this collection, it struck me that I had never read a story with a neutral portrayal of an abortion before, where an abortion was just something that happens sometimes, as in this collection. That alone made me glad I had read this, but learning that Isaac Bashevis Singer had not one, but two siblings, and that his sister's work had been destroyed because of her own mother's misogyny, reinforced this for me. Throughout reading the collection, I laughed, cried, and remembered how much I love Jewish women. I typically prefer to read books in one sitting, but it took me five separate reading sessions throughout two days to read this book because some of the text is quite dense, and some of the topics are quite heavy. Each story was thoughtful and thought-provoking.
Frankly Feminist explores Jewish feminism through publications in Lilith Magazine. I think this book does an amazing job of showing the rich diversity within Judaism. It destroys the misconception that it’s a monolith. There’s diversity pouring through this book. A refreshing, delightful read.
I love the diversity, each author had her own way of telling a story and it was interesting, I appreciated the variety !
This anthology introduced me to a variety of feminist Jewish writers who I had never been exposed to before. I am excited to dig deeper and discover more of their work. Thanks for letting me check it out!