Cover Image: Rise of the Firebird

Rise of the Firebird

Thanks to NetGalley for the advanced digital copy.
It was really fun to read and easy. I enjoyed the character development and loved the story! It did get a little slow in the middle but it was fun regardless.
Thank you BHC Press, NetGalley, and Amy Kuivalainen for the opportunity to read the ARC of the re-released version of this book.

I have read the original releases of this series multiple times. It is one of my favorites.
The newly edited version just adds to the story. Brings Anya, Yvan, and their band of heroes more alive.
The characters we meet in this book have my entire heart. I love their quirks, their snark, and how entwined in the family and the story they all become.

I will never stop recommending this book, and this series, and I cannot wait to read the new books our Queen Amy is releasing in this world!

An absolute favorite story weaving mythologies, found family, witchcraft, and pure magic. Five stars. Forever and ever. Amen.
Just like with the other books I’ve read by Kuivalainen I sped through Rise of the Firebird.
I loved the characters and the storyline, the mythologie woven through the story.
I have some questions left but most of them are answered.

I can hardly wait for the next ride Kuivalainen will take us.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my copy.
Please, someone tell me that there is a spin off or more books in the universe of this series!
With Rise of the Firebird, Amy Kuivalainen brings the Firebird Fairy Tales series to an end, leaving me a bittersweet taste.
The climax of this story, the final battle between the forces of Yanka and her Darkness, Baba Yaga and her Illumination, and Anya and her friends and allies is epic.
I wouldn't mind at all if the author decides to extend the series;  maybe Anya and Yvan in times of peace, the story of Harley as the new Queen of New Orleans and Aramis and Søren rebuilding Svetilo or also the story of Mychal... in short, I would love this story, like most of its protagonists , had no end.
I thank the author, BHC Press, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this story.  The opinion I have expressed above is based solely on what I think and feel about this book.
Loved this book and this series as a whole. I couldn’t read this fast enough and I’m so sad it’s over. The characters, the plot, the magic, and the fight between good and evil all make this a binge-worthy series. Cannot recommend enough.
This series has EVERYTHING I could ever want. Amazing characters, multiple revenge plots, stunning world building, an intricate magic system, the sweetest male characters, a magical quest, and one of the most beautiful combinations of mythology and folklore… I’ve ever read. Honestly, I’ve never experienced such a stunning combination of Finnish, Russian, Greek, and Native American, myth and lore! These different cultures, might not sound like they can be woven together, but Kuivalainen does it… and she does it beautifully. You can feel how much research, and passion has gone into this series. Every element compliments one another, and the plot twists & reveals had me guessing the entire time.

I will warn you, the first two books end on intense cliffhangers. There’s also quite a bit of heartbreak and emotional turmoil, but I swear it’s worth it in the end.

My only criticism might be the multiple love interests, and almost love triangles. I understand these helped create the plot, and introduced most of my favorite characters! But I’m a loyal girl, and had my eyes set on “the end game” character from the beginning ( IYKYK.) So really, it’s just a personal preference.

The end of this trilogy was extremely bittersweet and has left my heart aching. I’ve grown to adore these characters, and would love a spin-off.

Thank you to Amy Kuivalainen and BHC Press for the opportunity to read this ARC, from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
this was a beautifully done book with Russian mythology and it did what I was hoping for. The characters did everything that I was hoping for from the description. The story does a great job in telling the story that it wanted to tell and I'm glad I read this. Amy Kuivalainen has a great writing style and I've read books by her from the Magicians of Venice series. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Kuivalainen.

"Ladislav was spotted a few weeks ago, and now with Anya being in their city, the council fears she’s going to bring the wrath of light and dark on their heads. She needs to leave as soon as she can. Scared people can be stupid, but scared supernaturals are plain dangerous.”