Cover Image: The Murder After the Night Before

The Murder After the Night Before

A cleverly written and gripping book that I know I’m going to have a book hangover from for a while that I took my time reading because I didn’t want to stop reading and much like the author’s other amazing read has moments of a dark humour that fits in with the story. I’m really looking forward to reading what Katy Brent writes next.

Katy Brent's second novel is just as good as her debut - 'How to Kill Men and Get Away With It' - if not better.
Molly Monroe - a journalist for a girl's magazine, flatmate of Posey celebrates a little too much on a staff Christmas night out.
It's these celebrations that set off a catastrophic chain of events for Molly - she ends up trending on social media due to being caught performing an act outside of a bar on an unidentified man. However, this is just the start of Molly's problems - who is the man that she has woken up to, where is her flatmate and why does the next-door neighbour think she is another slag?

Katy's writing is witty and relatable, it's a book that most young women can identify with. We've all had a bit too much to drink on a night out and regretted our actions but perhaps not to the same length that Molly does.
The Murder After the Night Before also has a great twist at the end.

Recommendable read - an author to watch out for!

Absolutely amazing book that had me racing through the pages. I couldn’t put this down and finished it in hours. Such a clever and gripping book.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the ARC in return for an honest and unbiased opinion.