A former US. President is charged with murder in The President’s Lawyer. The aforementioned lawyer is Rob Jacobson, a childhood best friend and close confidant of the president, who’s accused of killing his mistress. The first part of the book is challenging to read, with bland, boilerplate dialogue and lots of tedious flashbacks that set up the rest of the story. Where the book shines, however, are the courtroom scenes, and the author’s bona fides as a prominent attorney are obvious, with compelling and realistic scenes that are totally engrossing. Although the overall plot is a bit implausible, the strength of the courtroom dramatics and a great ending are worth the wait and earned an extra star in the rating. I received an ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

One of the best legal thrillers I have read in a long time. It was a fairly quick read with plenty of twists and turns, and the ending was mind-blowing.
This will hold your interest from beginning to end as you become engrossed in its interesting, complex courtroom scenes and with the particularly well-developed yet flawed characters that Lawrence Robbins has developed. The ending of The President’s Lawyer, is one you’ll unlikely anticipate.

The President’s Lawyer is compelling and suspenseful. This book really came alive during the courtroom scenes. Coincidentally, I read this book during Trump’s trial and it gave me some insight into trial law and lawyer shenanigans.

When Jack Cutler, the former President of the United States, is accused of killing his mistress, his best friend, Rob Jacobson, steps in to defend him. But with all of Jack’s infidelities and untruthfulness with authorities, the task is bigger than Rob anticipated.

I’m a sucker for courtroom dramas, so this book really intrigued me. As the trial continued, it was like watching the sun come up, little by little things became clear. I highly recommend this book if you enjoy legal dramas or political mysteries. Thank you, NetGalley and Atria Books for the ARC.

The President's Lawyer by Lawrence Robbins is a gripping legal thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The story follows Rob Jacobson, a top litigator in DC, who must defend his childhood friend and former President against a murder charge.

Rob faces the daunting task of proving his friend's innocence while navigating a web of past secrets and current scandals. The courtroom drama is intense, and Robbins masterfully weaves in twists that keep you guessing until the very end.

Fans of John Grisham and Scott Turow will find this book impossible to put down. It's a smart, fast-paced read with well-developed characters and a plot that delivers surprise after surprise. Highly recommended!

Decent read...full of courtroom drama--though not overly twist--it will still keep the reader engrossed and guessing as to the guilt or innocence of the accused, who also happens to be the former president. Rob Jacobson is asked to defend his childhood best friend—and former President of the United States. Rob knows he’s the only one who can prove his friend’s innocence, but he is soon overwhelmed as he attempts to devise a strategy to defend an authoritative man with a taste for infidelity, serious anger issues, and unconventional sexual appetites. He has been accused of murdering his mistress, Amanda, who strangely Rob also had a triste with. Certainly, the friends have some unresolved, unspoken issues. As the story unfolds, the curious friendship between the two is revealed as well as some of Rob's personal issues. The courtroom drama is well written and informative. Intertwined with the present litigation unfolding, there is back stories and "therapist" chapters that leave the reader guessing and anticipating how it will play into the drama.
Overall, a enjoyable read for fans of the legal thrillers

Legal presidential thriller? Sign me up! It had everything I wanted in a book! Fast paced and easy to read. Loved this one so much! Will be checking out more from this author. Thank you Netgalley, Lawrence Robbin’s, and Atria books for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Great read. Different approach to a story that has been told. I really enjoyed it and would read more from this author for sure!

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a procedural legal novel that has had me totally riveted from the opening pages. While some of this rain is a little close to what’s going on in current events, it is a fascinating story that moves at a rapid pace. Of course, there’s the sharp intake of breath realization moment that makes it all worthwhile. I couldn’t put it down!

In the words of the Good Place “Holy Forking Shirtballs”

I need someone who wants to talk spoilers because my head is still spinning around the room and hasn’t connected back to my body yet.

In the genre of legal thrillers. This should be the bar to live up to. Robbin’s knocked it out of the park.

When accused of murder, Rob Jacobson is the only person Jack Cutler wants and trusts to be by his side to defend him. Robbie is the best litigator, Jack’s closest and oldest friend and Jack is … well Jack is a sneaky brownnoser with a hidden agenda. Iykyk. Jack has been known to keep a number of different women on the side outside of his marriage, and a less than publicly appropriate hobby after hours. Well maybe during hours too. Doesn’t seem Jack had many boundaries. When Jack’s most recent mistress ends up murdered, he is placed at the scene of the crime.

This one is messy. Part flashbacks and multiple POV, part trial scripting. This one grips you on the first page. I couldn’t put it down. And honestly the ending blew me away so much I have to go back and read the last few chapters again.

Don’t miss out on this.

5 ⭐️

Thanks to NetGalley for the eARC can’t wait to put it on my shelf

Meet Rob Jacobson, one of DC’s most powerful litigators, who is is asked by his lifelong best friend, the former President of the U.S., to defend him when he accused of murdering his is mistress. Can his oldest friend truly be capable of murder??

The author is an experienced attorney and the legal strategies and courtroom parts of The President's Lawyer felt mostly authentic. The pace was nice and I very much liked some of the characters. Talk about a surprising twist. I did NOT see that coming!!

Like the author's son, Noah Robbins says, "If you’re looking for a high-octane legal thriller page-turner with suspense, twists, and courtroom intrigue, The President's Lawyer is for you!"

It may have been a little too different and less realistic from the books I normally read. I liked it but I didn't love it.

Many thanks to both #AtriaBooks and #NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review an early copy of #ThePresidentsLawyer. The expected publication date is October 8, 2024.

I teceived an invitation to review this book and was so glad to have accepted! What a ride! “The President’s Lawyer” is a must-read for anyone looking for a smart thriller. Hired to defend his old friend, the President of the United States, from a murder charge, Rob Jacobson is a lawyer you won’t forget. The twists and turns and the dialogue in this well-written book made for a very enjoyable read. I plan to read more by this author!

This was a good legal thriller. Rob is a friend of a former President and is drawn into defending him in a murder trial. This is full of twists and turns, but was kind of hard to follow at times. And the ending! I am still not 100% sure that I have it figured out. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC.

Wow! What a crazy ending. I wasn't prepared! Excellent job!

I had the opportunity to providea review for the this book and I wish to thank the author, the publisher and the fine folks at #NetGalley for this opportunity to provide ARC for this first novel by this enterprising new author.

The story is that the former president is charged with the murder of a subordinate (and current paramour) and is represented by a lawyer that he has known since his college (perhaps even his high school days). The lawyer makes an attempt to defend his client to a surprising ending.

Would highly recommend this novel to fans of Grisham and Baldacci. I am giving this new author's inaugural work a solid four stars out of five.

As with all my literary ramblings, this is just my five cents worth

The President’s Lawyer by Lawrence Robbins is a good book.
Rob Jacobson is a long-time successful lawyer whose childhood friend is the President of the United States.
As things move on Rob sees a different side to his friend. The guy was always protected in his life and never took responsibility for anything. Now he is on trial for murder.
I did like the courtroom drama but some of the wild behavior was not for me. Several of the different characters were interesting and helped the book along.
The ending was a surprise for me and worth a read. Thanks for the book for an honest read.

Really enjoyed the law aspect of this book. Very grishamesque. Liked the premise of a childhood friend lawyer defending the POTUS. I think the defense attorneys put together a great case and made you think about the evidence and second guess it. It was solid legal thriller with a surprising ending. Would definitely read another from this author.

This book wasn't bad overall and had lots of twists and turns. I just felt like there was too much going on and not much of it was believable, so it made it hard to get through at times. Trigger warning for partner sharing so if you are not into that or super descriptive scenarios this would not be the book for you. I honestly skipped over some of those parts, as it seemed to take away from the overall story. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.

Oh my goodness! What a sordid tale chuck full of despicable people.
One-third was all I could stomach. I kept waiting for a hero, but there was none to be found. I can't imagine rooting for anyone in this book.

I shudder to think these are the people Robbins has encountered in his actual law practice.

My thanks for the ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Rob Jacobson is a Washington attorney. His best childhood friend is the former President of the United States. When the former president is arrested for murder, he asks his old friend to represent him. The two have a complicated relationship. It turns out that the former president has a cruel streak. And his "buddy" was often the victim of his pranks. In addition, he stole Jacobson's former girlfriend.

But despite it all, Jacobson chooses to represent his old friend. But that won't be easy. It turns out that the president is quite the womanizer. The victim is also a former girlfriend of Jacobson. And they were in to some pretty kinky stuff. As the evidence begins to come in, it looks like the former president might, indeed, be guilty of murder.

In this tight, well-written book, we get a great tale of mystery. The characters are well-developed. There are plenty of skeletons in the closet. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it for all lovers of legal thrillers.

In "The Presidents Lawyer," by Lawrence Robbins, Jack Cutler, a one term womanizing president, is charged with the murder of one of his former lovers.  The government's case seems strong so Jack turns to his life long friend and brilliant defense attorney, Robbie Jacobson, to defend him.

I found it hard to suspend my belief sufficiently to actually believe the premise of the plot - that the President of the United States is on trial for murder. However, the actual court case and court room testimony felt real and engaging. The court room exchanges were fun to read. For those interested in a court room procedural, this book is a great option, Nevertheless the "surprise ending" was predictable early on and certainly dampened the suspense.

Thank you NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for the ARC.