Cover Image: The Most Magnificent Thing

The Most Magnificent Thing

Given this book by netgalley for an honest review.

I loved this book! It was so positive and uplifting  - more from this author please x
This was a very cute addition to the girls in STEM kids book push! I really enjoyed it, and know lots of parents who will feel the same.
A must-read for children (and adults alike) which I believe will help a lot of kids manage their own damaging and unhealthy thoughts and desires. I loved the focus on perfectionism which was then challenged and the main point shifted to not giving up and looking at things from different angles. Highly recommend.
Such a cute story about trying again, don’t giving up when things don’t come easy. I would recommend this book to anyone, young and old.
My boys and I absolutely loved this book. It is inspirational, and effectively demonstates how to overcome frustration in a postive manner.  My son's school ended up using this book  for one of their school wide STEM days.
Teaches children how to deal with their anger through walking, taking a break, etc. Shows girls inventing things. So cute.
This book is seriously cute. My kids (6 and 9) really enjoyed it. Personally I liked it because it has the same kind of message as books like Ada Twist, Scientist, etc., of not giving up, even if what you're doing might not make sense to other people. Would definitely read more by this author.
A whimsical picture book sure to delight children of all ages. Follow along as the spunky little girl tinkers and tries her best to make something magnificent using her own two hands and some odds and ends, along with a large dose of imagination. Highly recommend!
Such an adorable read with a message about not giving up in tiny, interesting bits for children. I loved this one and couldn't wait to get it for my nephews and niece.
What a most magnificent book for kids with the most magnificent illustrations and the most magnificent message about never giving up on a most magnificent idea. Love, love, loved it! 5 of 5 Magnificent Stars!

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the ARC. Opinions are mine. Pub Date 01 Apr 2014. #TheMostMagnificentThing #NetGalley
Such fun art on every page with a powerful message. My kindergartener loves listening to this story and has it half-memorized by now.
Thank you, NetGalley for the preview of this digital ARC.

The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires is a delightful little book that will be a wonderful read for kids of all ages, The illustrations were so adorable. Will definitely read this to my nephews.
This is the story of a little girl who learns the importance of not giving up. Would definitely recommend this one as a gift for all young minds.
A sweet book for the perfectionist in all of us!  Haven't we all been there?  We have an idea for a craft, a cake decoration, or a new outfit and it simply doesn't turn out the way we envisioned?  This young inventor and her canine sidekick have the same problem.  Nothing turns out like she plans! But through her frustration, she comes to realize that although not perfect, her creations have potential.  Along the way, other admirers see the possibilities of using her previous castoffs in completely different ways than what she had in mind. Aided by some charming illustrations, we see how she learns to reevaluate her work rather than just giving up.   It's a great lesson for all young, aspiring designers! #TheMostMagnificientThing #NetGalley
This book is very cute. Could be a good read for storytime or just at bedtime for kids and parents to read together.
The illustrations are really beautiful especially the colors. As the story unfolds we really want to know what the "magnificent thing" will be or even if she will succeed in making it. I really liked the conclusion but not so much the repetitive pattern of the rest; the girl didn’t seem friendly enough in the beginning. I liked the dog though.
A rather good story, not going to be a favorite.
This is a lovely book for independent readers or to share with less confident readers. I can't wait to use this with my class; I'm sure it will spark their imagination and generate some great ideas!
5 stars
This was the absolute sweetest story!  I absolutely loved it.  This is a book to share with others.  The little girl and her super cute best friend (a pug dog) are adorable.
The writing was good, story fun and there is even a message in the story – of persevering and working through issues.
A must read!
Thank you NetGalley and publisher, Kids Can Press, for the opportunity to read this ARC.
such a cute read for the little ones. it teaches them a good lesson of not giving up. and when things get too tough, you need to relax and maybe talk a walk and then go back to work.
We live in a world where mistakes and failure are not something we give room for. We see everyone's "most magnificent thing" without noticing the work that was done to get there. In "The Most Magnificent Thing," Spires shows how failure isn't a bad thing, but a way to learn from your mistakes. Any child can learn from this book how to work and tweak, and maybe even take a break as a part of the learning process.