Pub Date 25 Apr 2017
“Jewell’s novel explores the space between going missing and being lost….how the plots intersect and finally collide is one of the great thrills of reading Jewell’s book. She ratchets up the tension masterfully, and her writing is lively.” —New York Times
In the windswept British seaside town of Ridinghouse Bay, single mom Alice Lake finds a man sitting on a beach outside her house. He has no name, no jacket, and no idea how he got there. Against her better judgment, she invites him inside.
Meanwhile, in a suburb of London, newlywed Lily Monrose grows anxious when her husband fails to return home from work one night. Soon, she receives even worse news: according to the police, the man she married never even existed.
Twenty-three years earlier, Gray and Kirsty Ross are teenagers on a summer holiday with their parents. The annual trip to Ridinghouse Bay is uneventful, until an enigmatic young man starts paying extra attention to Kirsty. Something about him makes Gray uncomfortable—and it’s not just because he’s a protective older brother.
Who is the man on the beach? Where is Lily’s missing husband? And what ever happened to the man who made such a lasting and disturbing impression on Gray?
“A mystery with substance” (Kirkus Reviews), I Found You is a delicious collision course of a novel, filled with the believable characters, stunning writing, and “surprising revelations all the way up to the ending” (Booklist) that make New York Times bestselling author Lisa Jewell so beloved by audiences on both sides of the Atlantic.
A Note From the Publisher
· “I’m always anxious about reading books by friends, as it is a nightmare if you don’t like them and have to find a way to evade saying so. But, I’ve never read a book by Lisa that I didn’t love. In this case, I ended up reading the whole thing in a day which is always a pleasure, and makes you feel as if you’ve had a little holiday from your own life.”- JoJo Moyes, author of ME BEFORE YOU, in US Weekly
- National advertising
- National print and online media campaign
- Author Tour/BEA appearances
- Extensive ARC mailing
- Book club outreach
- Promote via S&S Ed/Library
- Cross promotion with the author’s social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Online promotions and features
- Downloadable assets available