Blood & Water

Pub Date 28 Nov 2017 | Archive Date 05 Feb 2018

Talking about this book? Use #Blood&water #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A Note From the Publisher

" katieorourke.com my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cPZnKH @katieorourke78"

" katieorourke.com my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cPZnKH @katieorourke78"

Advance Praise

is a novel about 5 people and their problems and issues and how they deal with these. It is a fast-paced read and many of the problems these people face are very understandable and familiar. The story is told from the perspective of these five people and one can see how they start to connect either through natural family bonds or through chosen friendship ones; hence the title. The story unfolds in an understanding forgiving way and while one may not like the decisions of some of the characters, all seem real 'in their daily muddle through life'. I would recommend this fast read for everyone who is interested in dilemmas of life of modern day people.

Good read with identifiable characters that portray the dynamics of family and friend relationships.

I received a DIGITAL Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher Tucson, Arizona is a place for runaways. Everyone came from somewhere else and has a story about what they left behind. Delilah arrives on her brother's doorstep with a secret. She hasn't seen him in five years. He ran away from their family long ago for reasons no one talks about and she still doesn't understand. The stress of raising his teenage daughter alone sometimes makes David envious of his deliberately childless friends, Tim and Sara, but they're runaways too, harboring secrets of their own. Blood & Water tells their stories and traces the deep connections between this unlikely group of friends. This novel is about family, in its various manifestations: the one you're born into, the one you choose and the one you create. I am a FIRM believer in that you have two families --- the biological one (that usually drives you nuts) and the one you CHOSE. to be with. This book and its five protagonists are real to life and get no breaks from the author as their lives become messier than anyone can ever imagine. and I LOVE THAT. I totally enjoyed this book from the first page to the last ... what a good book for a bookclub to chose!!

I really enjoyed BLOOD & WATER by Katie O'Rourke! Written in the prospective of each character in the book, intertwined in an interesting way. Persons with troubled pasts and presents, yet highly relate-able, finding themselves and making positive changes. Katie O'Rourke's writing is unique in that every one of her characters is a stand alone story, as well as an overlapping one with others in this story and even in her other books. I look forward to reading her other novels, so I can visit these wonderful characters again, in other places in their lives and with new relationships. Thank you NetGalley and Katie O'Rourke for this copy.

Delilah runs to the only person she can think of after she found out her boyfriend has been cheating on her. Her brother, David is a single father in lives in Tucson Arizona. He left many years ago and to this day Delilah doesn't know the reason why, but she has no where else to turn. David isn't exactly thrilled to see his sister, especially with a black eye. He has a teenage daughter, and has enough problems to deal with, but he takes her in all the same. Then there is Tim and Sara, friends of Davids. They have no children, and at times David almost wishes he didn't either. But Tim and Sara have their own secrets. Seems like everyone is running away from something or someone. In this book this small group of people learn to help each other when at times they didn't realize they needed it. A modern day story of friends and family made up either by blood or water. I would like to thank Net Galley for a copy of this book. I voluntarily left a review and it is my own opinion.

a group of seemingly unrelated friends, but underneath there are threads that weave them together. There are are all running from something, and end up in Tucson, AZ. This book is compelling and keeps you reading, I can't wait to read more from this author!

Very fast paced and very intriguing. I enjoyed how it kept me hooked and it was an original story. Nowadays so many books read the same. Highly recommend

Women's fiction is hit and miss most of the time, but this was a knock out of the park. It pulls you in immediately and keeps you wrapped up in the story. It's well written, well paced, and I highly recommend it! If i could I would give this more than 5 stars.

Wow! This book was absolutely sensational! With coming from a troubled and traumatic past and my current situation, I could relate to this story in many ways. This story was very well written with a fast paced plot that many would enjoy. So many of the books I read from this genre end up being the same thing, different people in the jist of it all but this story is a custom told tale that will surely win the hearts of many! I highly recommend this book.

This novel is about family, friendship, and belonging. Told from the characters’ perspective, Blood & Water tells the story of Delilah, her family, and close friends. There is no ultimate good or bad guy in this book, it is just a story about life, which I find great. At first, it was hard to follow the characters and their relationships. However; I liked that they were all real people, just like us. They have their own mistakes, they are confused, they get angry and sad, just like normal people do. This book is not one you read through the night, but it has a message, and the title says it all: Sometimes water is indeed mixed with blood, sometimes friends become family.

I enjoyed this book very much. The characters are completely believable and the story is about five different people who are connected to each other either by blood of friendship. The author has done a great job bringing them all together. I always enjoy stories about relationships within families and this is a very good one.