500 Treatments for 100 Ailments

Integrated Alternative and Conventional Medicine for the Most Common Illness

Pub Date 15 Nov 2017 | Archive Date 15 Feb 2018

Talking about this book? Use #500treatmentsFor100ailments #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Alternative health practices have a tradition of providing relief to people for thousands of years. However, doctors often provide just one course of treatment when there are so many other options.

This unique, all-in-one guide puts everything you need to know about traditional and alternative medicine right at your fingertips. Its authors are leading practitioners in five different fields: conventional medicine, homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, herbalism, and naturopathy.

They write on everything from aches and pains, to sexual dysfunction, the common cold, mind and spirit, anxiety, and general first aid. Each ailment is presented with four side-by-side, alternative, treatments so you may see which therapy best suits you and your family.

Free of medical jargon, the text is written so readers may quickly and easily diagnose your symptoms, and identify treatment. Take control of your healthcare and better understand the choices open to you!

...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This book is no substitute for medical treatment by a professional, and it admits as much. However, if you get a wart, or have a cold and want to avoid the hassle of a doctor's visit, or want immediate help, this book points out treatment for a variety of ailments by traditional medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, naturopathy, herbalism and homeopathic methods. No one is listed as the right way, and merely represents a guide for more information. Some treatments for things like sore throats and other common ailments I have heard about before, and others were new to me. This would make an interesting update to the guidebook my own mother consulted when we were sick, and may lead others to discover new ways to approach their medical care, or simply remind people of the common medical treatment in a moment of worry.

This book was pretty fascinating. Not only did it give modern medicine recommendations, it gave four other kinds, including traditional Chinese, Homeopathy, Herbalism, and Naturopathy. It also gave lots of warnings and suggestions, which was nice, too. I liked this book because it was cool learning about other treatments for basic illnesses.

This is one book that is a definite Go To for anything herbal, natural or other, when you want to research things to do to help with health issues.
A listing of so many health issues, with so many possible ways to treat, or what to take to help or relieve symptoms or improve any type of health conditions.
Of course, you should always speak with a professional.
A great purchase if you want to improve your health with different options.

Combined in one book is five different schools of healing. I love it because whenever I've tried conventional medicine, I've always wondered what an herbalist would say or vice versa. This books breaks down the 100 most common ailments and gives you section from Conventional Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Herbalism, Naturopathy, and Homeopathy each. The layout is nice because you can compare the approaches and choose the best course for you. This is a book that all households should have for basic reference.

I liked the presentation and integration of this information packed manual. Its like going to the doctor's and having 5 different experts side by side along the corridor. Whatever convention you would normally use to relieve any of the common ailments listed, learning about anyone of the other four other ways of treating ailments, in my view increases a positive outcome. Would make a good youtube channel too. Well done to the author for her efforts here.

Really interesting. A good reference book for various treatments for some ailments that can be troublesome but not serious. It is not a medical book just a list of ailments with the different possibile treatments.
Recommended.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group

I wanted a medical reference book with alternative Holistic treatment options to common household aliments. This is the perfect book that all houses should have on hand. As I read through the book, I quickly said to myself, “I didn’t know that”. I will be giving this as a wedding shower.

This book was very helpful and insightful. It has quality information on homopathic treatments and remedies which I have been striving to implement in my life.

This is a great, thorough book on alternative medicine. It covers 100 different ailments, and covers these main 5 types of medicine for each: conventional medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, herbalism, naturopathy, and homeopathy. If you are looking to try and get into any of these forms of alternative medicine or just want to start trying more natural remedies in general, this is a great resource book for just that.

I found this book covered all of the main things I was interested in, and I loved having 5 perspectives to choose from. It was very informational. Each section also does a great job describing the symptoms of each ailment. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to try something different, or even someone who wants to have a list of the symptoms for these on hand and the typical conventional medicine response. This could save you a doctor's visit by knowing if its available over the counter, likely a virus that doesn't need medication, etc.

There doesn't seem to be a table of contents posted on any of the major sites as of yet, so here is a list of the 100 ailments included. In the book, they are organized by parts of the body:

1.) Skin: dermititus, eczema, psoriasis, scabies, boils, cradle cap, acne, impetigo, cold sores, abscess, ringworm, warts, diaper rash, athlete's foot, corns and callouses, plantar warts.

2.) Eyes and Mouth: conjunctivitis, glaucoma, stye, gingivitis, periodontitis, oral thrush, toothache, teething, sensitive teeth.

3.) Ears, Nose, and Throat: common cold, ear infection, swimmer's ear, tinnitus, allergice rhinitis, sinusitis, nosebleeds, laryngitis, sore throat, strep throat, tonsillititis.

4.) Digestive System and Urinary Tract: diabetes, acid reflux, heartburn, indegestion, colic, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, gallstones, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infection, cystitis, kidney stones.

5) Respiratory system and Circulation: flu, fever and chills, asthma, croup, bronchitis, cough, pneumonia, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid, underactive thyroid, anemia.

6.) Aches and Pains: arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, muscle cramps, chronic fatigue syndrome, sprains, tendonitis, headache, migraine, neuralgia, repetitive strain injury, carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, sciatica, hernia, knee pain.

7.) Personal Complaints: premenstrual syndrome, period pains, yeast infection, fibroids, menopause, hot flashes, prostatitis, impotence, rectal bleeding, chlamydia, herpes.

8.) Mind and Spirit: stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder, seasonal affective disorder.

9.) First Aid: insect bites, cuts, burns, sunstroke, sunburn, hangover, chickenpox.

I really enjoyed this book. I especially liked the way it gave you various types of treatments, (conventional, chinese medicine,naturopathy, homeopat and herbalism). I was actually suffering with one of the ailmens listed and will try some of the suggestions provided. This is a good book to have. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review

A very informative read that is loaded with information, tried and true methods that really work. I really enjoyed reading

Excellent Integrated Medical guide to have as a home reference.

I received a copy of this book free to review from Netgalley. This book was very comprehensive and interesting. I would definitely consider adding a paper copy to reference to my home library because it is sort of a large tome to have really accessible in ereader format. I suffer migraines and have had problems with acid reflux, so reading those sections was of particular interest to me and I will be trying some of the advice included in the book. Again, loved how you could see the differences between the different theories of healing/medicine for each aliment and make your own decisions as to what might work best for you. Recommended!

In the 90's, I experienced dizzy spells that left western medicine baffled. Eventually I was told I had Meniere's Disease and there was nothing I could do about it. I just couldn't accept that so I began an extensive online search which eventually led me to regular acupuncture treatments as well as a few homeopathic remedies that brought my body back into balance. I have been a proponent of alternative medicine ever since. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. For almost every possible human ailment, we are given solutions from several fields of alternative medicine as well as western medicine. When I was reading this, I had a head cold and actually was able to subdue the symptoms using some of the suggestions here, for which I am extremely grateful.

I was able to read this book for free from NetGalley, and am grateful to the publisher and the author for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

PS I have already purchased my own copy of this book to have on hand for easy reference.

A wonderful read I highly recommend. . This book is a must read for everyone with a interest in alternative medicine. 100 different ailments are covered here. The content covers 5 types of medicine for each: conventional medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, herbalism, naturopathy, and homeopathy. I found it immensely helpful and enlightening. I have been following Herbalism, naturopathy and homeopathy for over 40 years and still found new information here that I can apply. A excellent long term guide for personal use in bettering one's health.
Thank you for the ARC which did not influence my review.

Really great book for anyone who in interested in alternative/herbal medicine a must have for you references book collection.

As the medical field prevails, I find that little holistic resources like this prevail in value. I loved the simplicity but guided information that Caley provided to readers. This is not one to shelf and dismiss. This will be of excellent value to whoever borrows or purchases it.

I love this book. As someone who like to look into natural remedies and not modern medicine I know that I will continue to look to this book for treatments. The you for the opportunity to read it!

With Doctor's visits being so expensive I have decided ti is best to try and treat non serious conditions at home. It's way cheaper with the same results and in some cases better results. I mean if I had a serious cut that needed stitches I would visit a Doctor. If I had a serious illness I would visit a doctor. But for my migraine headaches I have started taking natural remedies as well as for other things and they seem to help. Even the meds I got from the Doctor did not always make a migraine go away.

I am collecting books on natural remedies so to speak and trying the different cure listed and have found several that work really well for multiple things, and keeps my out of the Doctor's office and money in my pocket. I wholeheartedly believe in natural cure and essential oils as I have used some all of my life.

This book is filled with 500 cures for 100 different ailments. I love that there is more than one option to try. Sometimes the cure does not work for someone or there is an allergic reaction to a certain herb. Take my daughter for instance she is allergic to Lavender. Anytime she is near it she starts sneezing, coughing, and her eyes water. If she touches it she can have a slight rash to full blown hives. So if there was a single cure using lavender we would not be able to try it.

This book is very informative and a great book to add to your reference library.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com and chose to leave this review.

There were a lot of good tips in this book. A lot of natural remedies. Some of the ailments were common so I will use this as a reference.

A very thorough resource for alternative treatments for a lot of the illnesses we all face today. Whether Chinese medicine, herbalism, naturopathy, homeopathy, or conventional medicine, this is a complete and valuable addition to home libraries.