Get Out of Your Own Way

A Skeptic’s Guide to Growth and Fulfillment

Pub Date 10 Mar 2020 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #GetOutofYourOwnWay #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Dave Hollis used to think that “personal growth” was just for broken people.

Then he woke up.

When a looming career funk, a growing drinking problem, and a challenging trek through therapy battered Dave Hollis, a Disney executive and father of four, he began to realize he was letting untruths about himself dictate his life. As he sank to the bottom of his valley, he had to make a choice. Would he push himself out of his comfort zone to become the best man he was capable of being, or would he play it safe and settle for mediocrity?

In Get Out of Your Own Way, Dave tackles topics he once found it difficult to be honest about, things like his struggles with alcohol and his insecurities about being a dad.

Offering encouragement, challenges, and a hundred moments to laugh, in Get Out of Your Own Way, Dave:

Points the way for those of us who are, like he was, skeptical of self-help but wanting something more than the status quoHelps us drop bogus ideas about who we are supposed to be and finally start living as who we really areHelps us see our own journeys more clearly as he unpacks the lies he once believed—such as “I Have to Have It All Together” and “Failure Means You’re Weak”

Reveals the tools that helped him change his life … and may change your life too

Dave Hollis used to think that “personal growth” was just for broken people.

Then he woke up.