Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #OnceaFallenLady #NetGalley
He woos her with chocolate, flowers, and novels. She can’t say no to him, but can’t say yes to love.
Lydia Taylor's roof is leaking, her chickens are out of control, and she can’t afford the rent. When her daughter falls ill, the last person she wants knocking at her door is gorgeous school teacher Alfred Lowe. His scowl makes her feel like he can see through her façade of a respectable widow and judge all her secrets.
To achieve his dream of his own school, Alfred Lowe needs to marry a wealthy lady. But from the moment Lydia Taylor fell at his feet, he's been awkwardly attracted to her. What begins as duty to support one of his pupil's mother soon becomes much more complicated. Maybe even... love?
But amongst kisses, tears, and savory pies, the past creeps into the present, casting a long shadow. If they risk love, they could lose everything they’ve ever wanted.
* Characters: hot teacher hero; heroine with a secret;
* Setting: mid-Victorian England
* Feel: soft yet angsty; family drama; homely and domestic; countryside; romantic; bucolic; all-the-feels;
* Content Notes can be found at the front of the book
* Length: 45,000 words (long novella/short novel)
"Excuse me while I squeal in utter delight but this book was so good. I was instantly bewitched by Lydia and Alfred." Mikku-chan, GoodReads