Change Your World

How Anyone, Anywhere Can Make a Difference

Pub Date 26 Jan 2021 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ChangeYourWorld #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Whatever the desire of your heart—better schools, better neighborhoods, more positive workplaces, more connected families, or more engaged communities—Change Your World will guide you through the entire process to take action and start making an impact today right where you are.

You can bring about positive, lasting change in the world and you don’t have to be rich and famous or lead a big organization to do it.

Global leadership and development icons John C. Maxwell and Rob Hoskins provide the inspiring and practical roadmap to get started being the change you want to see – in your community and beyond.

For many of us, the world we live in feels broken yet change is easier than we think. Learn from the firsthand experiences shared by the authors from their work helping to transform communities, businesses, and millions of lives around the world.

In Change Your World, they show you how to:

Identify your causeLive out the values that make a differenceBecome a catalyst for changeJoin the right team or recruit one of your ownWork together with others to make a differenceMeasure your impact and keep improving

You’ll not only be encouraged to make a difference based on the needs you see around you but you’ll be equipped to take action and start making an impact today.

Send To Kindle (PDF)

If there's anything I've learned during the social distancing period and shutdown incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic is that feeling helpless sucks! And when I saw this book on Netgalley, I immediately reached out because John Maxwell has written extensively on leadership drawing from real life examples and the Bible- so reading up on the strides Rob Hoskins has made as well was a major boost. In the book, there's the story about 5 frogs where it's told that 4 frogs decided to jump, how many were left? And if you are like me, you probably said 1 and that's where you and I miss the lesson on the difference between decision and action/ intention and action. The 4 decided but did they follow through on that decision? We don't know so we can't say that they truly jumped leaving behind the 1. That is so human, we believe that once we have a decision then that's as good as acting upon it- but change is mobile, it involves movement- action and throughout the book, the two authors share practical insights on how to go about this. The greatest take away from this book is that if you read it to the end and cast it aside, that's on you, and if you read it and draw from the lessons shared here and actualize them, then that's also on you. Thanks Netgalley for the eARC.

So many self-help books out there and so many authors giving good advice but these guys - John C Maxwell and Rob Hoskins, co-authors of “Change Your World” actually walk the talk in their everyday lives. The best cheer leaders you get as you make adjustments to live your best life. The wisdom and truths in the book keep you hungry for more in life and strengthen your resolve as you journey. The true life stories shared through the chapters stick out of those who have changed their world’s through adversity and risen above their circumstances encourage you, that you too can have an inspiring story. They lift the lid on the nitty gritty and give you a clearer perspective, in small ways how to change your life in a big way.

This is great book. It arrives in the best time. All we need to change our world is start with us learning and modeling life values. I have experienced more than 6 round tables transformation process and it is magic what happened to families, communities and countries,