A Man Called Ove meets The Good Place in Under the Whispering Door, a delightful queer love story from TJ Klune, author of the New York Times and USA Today bestseller The House in the Cerulean Sea.
Welcome to Charon's Crossing.
The tea is hot, the scones are fresh, and the dead are just passing through.
When a reaper comes to collect Wallace from his own funeral, Wallace begins to suspect he might be dead.
And when Hugo, the owner of a peculiar tea shop, promises to help him cross over, Wallace decides he’s definitely dead.
But even in death he’s not ready to abandon the life he barely lived, so when Wallace is given one week to cross over, he sets about living a lifetime in seven days.
Hilarious, haunting, and kind, Under the Whispering Door is an uplifting story about a life spent at the office and a death spent building a home.
- National author tour
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National print and online consumer advertising campaign including Goodreads, The Mary Sue, and LGBTQ+ and fantasy publications
- Prepublication buzz campaign including trade and consumer advertising
- Pre-order campaign with limited edition promotional item, supported via social media outreach and advertising
- Major ARC mailings to booksellers, librarians, media, and industry big mouths
- Indie Next campaign
- Early reader review campaign via Shelf Awareness Pro & Readers, Goodreads and NetGalley
- Featured title at San Diego Comic-Con and New York Comic Con
- Major digital marketing campaign to include partnering with LGBTQ influencers, content reveals, author videos, newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, custom social assets, and extensive coverage on Tor's social media platforms
- Digital preview
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
- Extensive school and library marketing including conference promotions