Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #UndertheWhisperingDoor #NetGalley
From TJ Klune, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The House in the Cerulean Sea, comes Under the Whispering Door, a new contemporary fantasy about a ghost who refuses to cross over and the ferryman he falls in love with.
When a reaper comes to collect Wallace Price from his own funeral, Wallace suspects he really might be dead.
Instead of leading him directly to the afterlife, the reaper takes him to a small village. On the outskirts, off the path through the woods, tucked between mountains, is a particular tea shop, run by a man named Hugo. Hugo is the tea shop's owner to locals and the ferryman to souls who need to cross over.
But Wallace isn’t ready to abandon the life he barely lived. With Hugo’s help he finally starts to learn about all the things he missed in life.
When the Manager, a curious and powerful being, arrives at the tea shop and gives Wallace one week to cross over, Wallace sets about living a lifetime in seven days.
By turns heartwarming and heartbreaking, this absorbing tale of grief and hope is told with TJ Klune's signature warmth, humor, and extraordinary empathy.
- National author tour
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National print and online consumer advertising campaign including Goodreads, The Mary Sue, and LGBTQ+ and fantasy publications
- Prepublication buzz campaign including trade and consumer advertising
- Pre-order campaign with limited edition promotional item, supported via social media outreach and advertising
- Major ARC mailings to booksellers, librarians, media, and industry big mouths
- Indie Next campaign
- Early reader review campaign via Shelf Awareness Pro & Readers, Goodreads and NetGalley
- Featured title at San Diego Comic-Con and New York Comic Con
- Major digital marketing campaign to include partnering with LGBTQ influencers, content reveals, author videos, newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, custom social assets, and extensive coverage on Tor's social media platforms
- Digital preview
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
- Extensive school and library marketing including conference promotions