Move, Connect, Play

The Art and Science of AcroYoga

Pub Date 19 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 01 Dec 2021
St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Essentials

Talking about this book? Use #MoveConnectPlay #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Move, Connect, Play is a book detailing the core principles of AcroYoga, a practice that melds the spectacle of circus arts with the healing power of massage and the breathwork of yoga.

Get ready to learn how to fly.

AcroYoga is a movement practice that combines the balance and connection of yoga with the fitness and intensity of acrobatics, as well as the holistic healing power of physical therapy. People come to it for all kinds of reasons—they may have chronic pain and are looking for a long-term solution to manage it, they may want to lose weight, gain muscle or increase their mobility, or maybe they just want to experience it with their friends or partners to deepen their relationships. Some even just want to have some fun together.

In Move, Connect, Play, founder of AcroYoga International Jason Nemer shares the core principles of AcroYoga for athletic performance and for life, as well as 10 key areas of training (strength, flexibility, technique, balance, breath, gravity, relationships, mental, emotional, and sustainability). He also offers specific exercises and routines for how to train safely and effectively in each area.

This is a book that millions of AcroYogis around the world have long been waiting for, and one that is an essential read for high-performance athletes, weekend health warriors, and spiritual seekers alike.

Get ready to...

A Note From the Publisher

Please note that it sometimes takes time for the book to appear on Kindle. Please sync and wait patiently--it will appear!

Advance Praise

"Jason is an incredible character, who travels the world with next to nothing. He introduced me to my latest obsession — AcroYoga."

—Tim Ferriss

—Tim Ferriss

PRICE CA$34.99 (CAD)

Move, Connect, play introduces readers to the concept of acroyoga. Using the general concepts of yoga but expanding upon them by adding play to the mix.

What an absolutely fascinating book. I am not sure I will be able to convince my partner to join me in AcroYoga but even if I can't, the journey of reading this book was entirely worth it. It introduced me to new concepts, both physically and spiritually, and was a pure joy to read.

This is a comprehensive book about partner or acroyoga. While I barely practice individual yoga, I’m very familiar with it, and I wanted to see what this yoga style was all about, and see if there were any poses I could adapt for improving my balance. The book is terrific. It starts with a strong introduction to the various types of yoga and then provides a solid introduction to acroyoga. One thing that stands out is that “flying yoga” is FUN. I found myself wishing I were younger, stronger, and had a partner with whom I could explore these interesting and new postures. The poses are described step by step in easy to follow detail and are accompanied by excellent photos. This book is a must have for anyone exploring this style of yoga, and even this non-practitioner can recommend it without hesitation. I received this book as an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley.

This is a helpful wealth of information on acroyoga. I enjoyed this very much and I highly recommend to anyone needing more information.

This was a very interesting and well put together book. I liked how we we’re introduced to the various yoga/stretch positions. They really help to lengthen and strengthen your body for the next phase. If you’re serious you can with some practice learn handstands and other intricate poses. There’s lots of guidance in this book that will lead you to wherever you want to be or take your yoga practice. The prompts are easy to follow and there are a lot of pictures for guidance. I feel like if your goal is acrobatic yoga then this is definitely the book for you.

This book is really intriguing! It introduces AcroYoga with many pictures and detailed instructions on technique and form. I liked that they showed both correct and incorrect form to help the reader recognize proper technique. There are many step by step pictures throughout!

This book was received as an ARC from St. Martin's Press - St. Martin's Essentials in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own. I learned a lot from this book not only for the physical aspect of acro yoga but, for the mental aspect of acro yoga. I loved the photos taken and for us visual learners, this would be a dream to learn. My husband and I are looking for more exercises to do together and from the positions demonstrated by Jason and how to correctly perform the techniques, it will take some time but, it's still definitely something I would like to learn. I know there are a handful of people who study or potentially study yoga, meditation, health and wellness and they will most definitely appreciate what this book has to offer. We will consider adding this title to our R Non-Fiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.