The Last She

Pub Date 07 Dec 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheLastShe #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ara . . . I made a mistake, we all did . . . go back to the beginning . . . it’s not too late.

As the only female to survive the devastating virus, Ara hasn’t seen another human in months—not since her father disappeared. The plague has swept away humanity, and Ara’s world is desolate, haunted by the ghosts of her former life. Her mother. Her sister.

Kaden and his crew live by a code: stay alert, stay alive. When they catch Ara stealing from them, they are furious—and confused. She is the first girl they have seen in three years. And while Kaden knows taking her captive is wrong, he tells himself he’s doing it to protect her.

But with Ara determined to follow through on her father’s mission—Go back to the beginning. End the plague—Kaden becomes mesmerized by Ara’s will and beauty. He knows he will do anything to help her, even if it tears their worlds apart.

ISBN 9781989365717

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This was a fun read! I enjoyed the authors take on the story and hope to read more by them soon! This was my first read by this author and I really enjoyed it!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for granting me this arc! Soooo, I’m guessing there is going to be a sequel. THERE BETTER BE A SEQUEL. I really like this book. Sometimes I was bored, but I think I was just in a reading slump. I really love the characters in this book. Ara, Kaden, Issac, Sam, etc. they’re pretty cool. 4/5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The last female left after a devastating world wide plague. Ara is taken captive after she is found stealing, but is determined to finish her father's mission to cure the plague. In the same vein as the hunger games, this is a captivating read

Today, I want to talk to you about an upcoming release by H.J. Nelson. Today, it is time to talk about The Last She! ​The Last She will be officially available on December 7th, 2021, but it was originally written on Wattpad back in 2015. The Last She series become one of the most read science fiction stories in 2016 and 2017! Now, it is officially going to become a published series! The Last She is a dystopian-esque post-apocalyptic novel set in a world where a virus has killed off the majority of the human race except for some male survivors. Ara, a nineteen year old girl, has somehow survived in the world during the three years since the world as they knew it seemingly ended. Ara's father taught her one thing, men are the enemy now. So, when Kaden discover's Ara, she now has to question everything she thought she understood about the new world and do whatever she can to keep surviving as the last women alive. I am giving this book 4 stars! This book was a wild ride that sucked you in right from the beginning. At points, it was hard to put down! I found the overall concept for this book, the one surviving woman in the apocalypse, to be very intriguing. I was really excited to read this book and was not disappointed! The scenes are well created and Nelson did a great job making you feel as though you were really a part of the story. Ara and Kaden are both great characters that I enjoyed getting to know. Though, I do wish there was a little bit more background and development for Kaden. There is a plethora of interesting characters introduced in this story and found myself intrigued by most of them. My biggest complaint about this book is the transitions in narration for Ara. When we were given flashbacks into her life with her father, there were times where it was a little confusing. But other than that, I think this book was extremely well written and I completely understand why it was such a hit on Wattpad! It deserves to be published and on bookshelves! I think this book is great for the YA reader who loves action, adventure, and a bit of romance. I am looking forward to reading more of this series!

The Last She by HJ Nelson was an interesting read. The plot has a lot of mystery and unanswered questions and is set in a world where there's been a terrible sickness that has decimated humanity, especially females. The story follows Ara, a lone female traveling by herself trying to find her family and answers, and how she is trying to also find her place in this new dangerous world (where females are rare). I thought the premise of the story was unique, Ara, and her love interest Kaden, were both likeable resilient characters and I was rooting for them to find answers and a happy ending. By the end of the book, readers do get some answers but also more questions, setting up the sequel nicely. I look forward to finding out what happens next.

The Last She was a book I read while the world was recovering from a pandemic and I think this helped set the stage for helping the reader truly understand the main character and her world. We meet Ara at a time when her world is limited in terms of human contact because of a virus that has decimated the human and animal populations. As a character, Ara is likeable and I enjoyed seeing her development throughout the book, especially as she comes face to face with dangers and reacts mostly in a realistic way. The plot itself was very quick paced and I think this helps draw the reader into the story - I found myself staying awake hours into the night because I had to know what happened next. The world building was done very well with exceptional detail. My only frustration with the story was with our other main character, Kaden. Maybe I have read too many dystopian YA novels but during such a dramatic change in the world, I would have loved to see Ara and Kaden at realistic highs and lows as their relationship grew. Instead, it seemed too much of the traditional insta-love - the rest of the story is so well done, I almost wish they just remained friends so I didn't have anything I think would need improvement. Will be reading the sequel.

Strong characters, adventures in a treacherous world, and masterful writing made The Last She impossible to put down. As soon as I finish this review, I’ll be on the hunt for the second installment!

WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS! i got approved for this netgalley ebook, very fast read, and easy to follow and kept me interested. i like the concept of the book, thats what initially drew me in to request it, the description sounds interesting to me " THE 100 meets THE HUNGER GAMES in this post-apocalyptic romantic adventure about the last woman on Earth seeking to discover the truth of her existence after a mysterious plague wipes out the female population and she is taken captive by a clan of men risen from the ruins." (i love surival/ apocalyptic stories)this book is told in 2 points of view, ara and kaden. i like ara she was smart, strong.brave. at first i liked kaden too, but then idk i felt like he could be a bad guy, and with gabriel i wasnt sure about him bc kaden didnt like him but i kinda started to like gabriel until somethin happened that made me realised yep hes the bad guy. and then i started liking kaden more too and wanted him with ara. there were a few scenes where bad intense stuff happens and one of them gets hurts and i was hoping they wouldnt die (poor kaden he gets bit by those infected dogs at the mall, i thought he was gonna die) and then with the leader of the horde too thought he would die. i also liked kaden brother sam and isacc and liam. idk why but i kinda imagined isaac as morgan from twd xD theres also flashbacks/memories in some of the chapters. also that scene in the lab im curious about that i feel like idk emma (aras sister) and ara play a bigger part in the infection that happened to the world. also poor doggy loki :c and the horse red :c also when they in the lil boat going to the hospital it was creppy bc there was somethin big under the water :o :C also gabriels sister is alive whatt lol the scenes with ara is stuck in the bunker with addison etc all i could think was poor ara, addison was soo annoying but poor girl she lived there since it all started and shes a kid. the herd was massive im glad the leader ended up dying thanks to isaac (he literally saved everyone) we dont know what happened to gabriel and addison etc after the fire in the comunity and gabriel bein tranquilazed (i wonder if he died in the fire, but if so poor addison would be all alone) during the battle when sam comes back that was a bad idea (but at least they waited for isaac and kaden at the church for a bit) i didnt want sam/isaac and red to die so im glad that at the epilogue we discover that sam is alive and was saved by a man in a bunker but now sam is alone and still a bti weak and where will he go and how will he find kaden and ara. and kaden and ara dont know that sam is alive too. i hope they find each other. ara reaches her familys home and finds a cat :3 (waiit the cat doesnt go with them :o) she finds a map and a note from her dad behind a picture telling her to go north (like someone from the community said they were gonna head north bc they heard theres survivors there and women etc) kaden and ara go. but its gonna be dangerous for ara bc women are sold there etc :c so theres gonna be a sequel which i want to read!!! i overall really enjoyed this book and characters and plot and cant wait for the sequel!

The Last She was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This book was like Hunger Games meets Maze Runner, had a baby, and bore this one into existence. A fun read with a few perspectives, it kept me guessing until the end.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. For the most part I enjoyed this book,. But, it seemed very simple and predictable throughout it. I did enjoy the setting, it was very unique and not normally something that I come across.

I was honestly a bit hesitant about this book because I noticed it was a Wattpad one and I never found any books on there that I felt like was publishing worthy. However, the summary of this sounded so good and I love dystopian fiction so I had to try it at least. Thankfully, I loved it! I found the plot to be really engaging and the characters were relatable and interesting. I felt like there was good character development and there were some really nice plot twists throughout as well. This book was much better than many popular books in this genre published by big name publishing companies. I literally couldn't put the book down until I finished it because it had me hooked! The ending definitely was set up for a follow up, so I will be anxiously awaiting its publication too!

Thank you to Netgalley for the ARC! The Last She piqued my interest as it was described as The 100 meets The Hunger Games. Once I start a good book, it's almost impossible for me to put it down. I read it in a day. The Last She is a dystopian post-apocalyptic novel set in a world where a virus has killed off the majority of the human race except for some male survivors. Ara, a nineteen year old girl, has somehow survived in the world during the three years since the world as they knew it seemingly ended.

I was instantly caught by the premise of this book. It is a really interesting theme and I was so excited to receive this arc. The author put a lot of work into developing this world and creating a heroine that is brave, but realistic. I enjoyed how the author fleshed out how the disease spread and how our world crumbled into this madness. I definitely think this piece deserves a sequel to continue to develop the story. My one critique is that the romance felt a little forced in the beginning. I think it could have waited to develop fully until we were further into the plot. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future!

Thank you Netgalley and Wattpad books for allowing me to read the book in exchange for a honest review! THE LAST SHE is about Ara and Kaden, who are our two POVs. Ara is presumed to be the last girl on earth due to a deadly plague that targeted women, children, animals and some men. Kaden is part of a clan of men who are surviving in this post-apocalyptic world. Ara has been surviving on her own for three years after her father mysteriously doesn't show up at a "return" point. When Ara is captured by Kaden, he brings her to his clan to find out more on why she survived and if there are more like her. I really like the whole premise. The story reminds me of The 100, Maze Runner, and Chaos Walking. Ara is a strong independent character and I like how she is developed throughout the whole book. I feel like Kaden got a little shunted in the development but I still very much liked his character arc. I am unsure if there is a sequel due to the ominous last chapter and Epilogue but if there isn't I'm fine with the open ending. It would leave us in our own imagination of what may of happened next. 4.5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. You have an amazing story line plot, challenges and romance. There’s a lot of character development as well. And the characters connection is fantastic It leaves you wanting more and incapable of being able to put it down.

Talk about setting a scene and pushing me into an adventure! It's a unique premise in a post-apocalyptic world where a horrible disease turns animals into huge, ravaging beasts and makes eyes bleed. It kills mainly women, but it is contagious. The idea of a woman surviving is so surreal, but we have Ara, the main character. She is surviving and trying to find some clues to help her find her way in this world. Then there is a Kaden, a man who doesn't quite fit in, but it loved and protected by so many. These characters are so flawed and I could see them going page by page on this adventure. The dual perspectives was super awesome to read. I love seeing this different ways they are living and I feel like they were very distinct. The side characters hold such an important part in this book and they really do bring the adventure and the suspense with them. When this comes out, you NEED to read it! I am loving the sci-fi feels while still being very down-to-earth and relatable. I connected with this book is plenty of ways, and if there is more to this book, I am here for it! 5/5 stars!!! **I received a free copy from NetGalley in exchange for honest feedback!

*Received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review* Ok, I have to say I enjoyed this book even more than I thought I would! It was a great take on the whole 'end of the world scenario'. It also was a surprisingly easy quick read! I really enjoyed the MC, she wasn't whiny and was a good strong character(even if there were times I wanted to throttle her) and her love interest. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I do recommend reading this book if you want a good take on Dystopian fantasy that's also an easy read!

After a virus wipes out the children and the women of the world, Ara finds herself as the lone female survivor. When she is captured by Kaden and his clan of men, she has no idea what is in store for her. All she wants to do is go back home and hopefully find her father. This post-apocalyptic story was everything I could have wanted. My interest was piqued immediately. It has a real Walking Dead vibe in the sense that the characters need to learn to survive in a world that is nothing like it was before. I found the characters to be really well fleshed out. I grew to love some of them. I also loved to hate some of them! It's a great read that I highly recommend.

Ara is the last female alive and after months of being alone she meets Kaden and he takes her captive but Ara is a fighter and determined to find her way back home, back to the beginning. I couldn't put this book down! The characters were easy to follow and feel invested in, the ending left me wanting more, and the concept was something that fed into my love of dystopia. Thank you to Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. I can't wait to read what comes next!

Thank you so much Wattpad Books, Nelson and NetGalley for this riveting new ebook copy! WoW! This book blew me away! I honestly didn't know what to expect going into this story! But honestly what I got was not what I was expecting! In a freaking fabulous way too! I have over time gotten so hooked on apocalypse, plagues and viruses stories. Like its my new jam! And this book.was everything. It hooked me from get go. I couldn't stop reading once I started. Ara is such a badass who I admired. Her character was freaking phenomenal. The writing was fabulous. Nelson really did an outstanding job here. I read that this is going to be a series and I sure hope so. PS.... If you need a advanced reader on book two! I'm so your girl! 👋😘 Thank you so much for the amazing opportunity to read your novel! It was an honor I will post to my platforms closer to pub date!

This was rather interestingly intriguing. I loved everything about this novel and would most definite want to see it in person and own a copy. I enjoyed how the MC was the last female due to a virus that wiped out most or all females. This felt more dystopian sci-fi so maybe add dystopian to the tags.