God Hears Her, A Joyful Christmas

31 Morning and Evening Devotions

Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #GodHearsHerAJoyfulChristmas #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Exchange the stressful pursuit of happiness for true joy this Christmas. Begin and end your day with one of the 31 morning and evening devotional readings from God Hears Her, A Joyful Christmas. These Advent-focused meditations will help you relax and allow God to fill your heart, mind, and soul throughout the busy month of December. Each devotion is for women and by women, from Our Daily Bread writers including Poh Fang Chia, Xochitl Dixon, Elisa Morgan, Amy Boucher Pye, and Patricia Raybon. With the attractive leatherlike look, four-color interior, and ribbon marker, this timely devotional makes an excellent gift for the Advent season.

I received this book for an honest review from netgalley#netgalley Moving and down to earth. Not overly preachy. I would recommend.

A very good collection of Christmas devotions. Well written. I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.

It isn't Christmas time but I liked reading it. I formative and well written. It is a short novella. And read it in one sitting. Also it's such a different genre than what I am used to. Thank you NetGalley.

God hears her, Joyful Christmas is a twice a day devotional that starts with a bible verse and then shares a personal Christmas experience and or thoughts. This isn’t anything to deep but rather something encouraging and thought provoking. I know that sometimes I just need a little break from the secular holidays. And that’s what this was for me. I highly recommend it if you like short daily devotionals. Thanks to Our Daily Bread Publishing via Netgalley.

My favorite holiday has always been Christmas, So When I found this devotional based on the learnings We can get about the birth of Jesus, It was definitely A match! I loved that clear, touching and warm way the writers brought to Our understanding about Jesus coming to the world in ou day by day expriences. I Loved a Lot and Hope that everyone who reading may be surrounded by the light of the world and feel the truly joy of the season through theses pages.

A thoughtfully written inspirational advent-focused collection. An easy read and perfect way to start and end each day. Written by women, for women. A perfect gift to tuck into a Christmas stocking.

December will be here in a few months. For those with a spiritual/Christian point of view, this collection written by women may well be welcome and enjoyed. There is a devotional for the morning and evening of every day in December. Some are anecdotes, all have a connection to Jesus and the season. If this appeals, take a few minutes each day to calm your spirits. Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher. All opinions are my own. Share this:

This book is a good mix of a little bit of current stories with bible verses to go with the stories. I liked how short each day is, so you can easily add it to your morning or evening bible study/ time. A great countdown through Advent for the Christmas season with what the season truly is about, and not just the gifts under the tree. This would be a great book for an early Christmas exchange or if you are looking for a good gift that will last through out the years. I can see myself easily coming back to this year after year and growing from it.

3.5 stars This is and encouraging devotional that's geared toward the upcoming holiday season. Each reading has a Bible verse and a person story from the author. Some give the reader something to ponder for the holidays. It's a quick read, and fans of devotionals will likely enjoy this one.

I read the first two entries. I will wait to finish this in December. Such a busy, happy,sad month. This seems to be something to ground me. Something to remind me of what Christmas means. Thank you Netgalley.

This book is wonderful! I encourage those who love devotionals to add this to their collection and I know it will be pulled out yearly with the Christmas Decor. I was given an advance copy but plan already on purchasing this for myself and to give! The short inspiring anecdotes remind us of what the season really is about. Merry Christmas!

This special Advent devotion book is one you definitely will want to add to your December reading. There are short devotions for both morning and evening for 31 days, to help you stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas. I highly recommend this book. I received a copy of this book from Our Daily Bread Publishing and NetGalley and the opinion expressed is my own.

This is a nice devotional that I'll read again at Christmastime. The selections are short and well done - a great way to celebrate the days leading up to Christmas.

What a treat to discover God Hears Her, A Joyful Christmas (31 Morning and Evening Devotions) by Our Daily Bread which includes Anne Cetas, Elisa Morgan, Xochitl Dixon, Patricia Raybon, Lori Hatcher, and Bree Rostic. Like the monthly devotions that can be sent to you by email or on the Our Daily Bread app these Christmas devotions are timely, to the point and leave you thinking about their meaning with the verses for the rest of the day. The bonus is that there is a morning and an evening devotions. Two for each day, wonderfully written. I highly recommend all of the God Hears Her books but especially A Joyful Christmas. This time of year when we need to have our minds on the reason of the celebration we are often extremely busy with good things. This puts your thoughts on the best great part of the season. The devotions are concise but powerful. I plan to give some early Christmas presents this year with these books. The publisher through Net Galley provided a digital ARC. I have voluntarily decided to read and review, giving my personal opinions and thoughts.

When I was in middle school the church I attended provided Our Daily Bread devotion guides for free and I always picked up the new one. The daily devotions were kind of like Chicken Soup for the Soul vignettes with a definite tie to Scripture. But it has been years since I've even thought about those devotional guides so I was happy to pick up their new Christmas devotional for women. I prefer my Bible studies to be more in-depth and don't necessarily need the illustrative story or object lesson. However, during the busy Christmas season, it can be difficult to find the time for deep diving into the Scriptures and these short, focused devotions can help you stay in the Word. As this is a devotional for women, I worried that the stories would be all about mothers and wives. As I am neither, I often feel left out or can't quite relate. The first few stories did seem like they may be more for women as mothers or wives, but then we started getting more general stories. Because I like more Bible study and less feel good story, I really liked the devotion for the morning of December 2. The focus is John 1:1-14 and we get some background on Greek philosophy so that we better understand John's words. Of course, as a reader I loved that Iceland's tradition of spending Christmas Eve reading was included later in the month - and I got some details about the custom that I didn't know. As we are going into another uncertain Christmas season (will we be able to return to the traditions and activities we enjoyed prior to the pandemic, many families are grieving the loss of loved ones, etc), I liked the idea of the "Blessings Tree" and maybe it could be a new tradition for those struggling this year. Even with the title of God Hears Her, I believe that this could be used as a family devotional during the Christmas season. Often when I review advance copies I don't have time to enjoy the book as it was meant to be read/used. But I wanted to read this devotional as it was meant to be read. As I'm not in the habit of doing a devotional twice daily there were a few days early on that I missed one or the other but I soon did get in the habit and it was overly burdensome to do them morning and evening. I actually think it is a great way to keep your focus on the true meaning of Christmas by starting and ending your day focused on the Joy of Christmas. My review will be published at Girl Who Reads on Tuesday, Oct. 5 - https://www.girl-who-reads.com/2021/10/god-hears-her-joyful-christmas-31.html

This is a delightful and thoughtful devotional book with a morning AND an evening devotion for the month of December. It is filled with advent and Christmas related verses for personal spiritual growth for women and the authors are all women as well. I will add this to my personal Christmas preparations each year. I was given a digital advanced copy by NetGalley in exchange for my review.

Let this be your new Advent devotional. I enjoyed having a reading every morning and evening to help keep my mind and my heart focused on the Spirit of Advent. Multiple authors bring their hearts and voices together to be a blessing to yours. I recommend this for all women who want an opportunity to refocus during the holiday season. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own, freely given.

God Hears Her, A Joyful Christmas 31 Morning and Evening Devotions by Our Daily Bread, Anne Cetas, Elisa Morgan, Xochitl Dixon, Patricia Raybon, Lori Hatcher, Bree Rostic Our Daily Bread Publishing Women will cherish the insightful and heartening messages of joy for the Christmas season, written for them by female authors for The Daily Bread. The eighteen women wrote both morning and evening devotions for each day of the month of December. The format is visually pleasing, with each entry introduced by a date, Bible verse and passage. The authors then share an engaging related story inspired by people such as grandmothers, missionaries and church friends. A short, meaningful takeaway relating to joy provides a conclusion for each. December can be a bustle of activity and events, and this book provides gentle reminders on God's presence with us during our anticipation. Praise, prayer, rejoicing, and generosity are encouraged as we find the light of the season. Keeping this book close in December would certainly enhance the daily rituals of women seeking to stay calm and focused while preparing for and celebrating Christmas. Thank you to Net Galley and Our Daily Bread for the advance reader's copy and opportunity to provide my honest review.  #GodHearsHerAJoyfulChristmas #NetGalley

Our Daily Bread is a favorite daily devotion and this Christmas/Advent devotional they have put together is amazing. Twice daily devotions/scripture, mixed with real life stories make this a great gift or devotional for anyone during the holiday season. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

An incredible gift to give but heavens, I'd love to get this as a gift myself! What an awesome way to center yourself for the reason of the season (and everything) with these easy, short devotions. For anyone who says they don't have time, I challenge you to find fault with this book and not fall in love!

This is a really lovely book of devotions for the Advent season. There are two per day (morning and evening). I liked this book so much that I've bought a physical copy of it. I received a complimentary e-copy of this book from Our Daily Bread Publishing through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Thank you, Our Daily Bread Publishing.

This is the Christmas book that every woman needs. Amidst all the chaos of today's world, spending time reading this book each day is the feeling of peace and calmness that we all need.