Tricks For A Trade

Pub Date 04 Aug 2016 | Archive Date 01 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TricksForATrade #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Three lives are intertwined by ambition, rejection, and seduction, as three men chase their dreams, and hope the end justifies the means.

Gary must take on the conservative elite to grasp the political opportunity of a lifetime, while Cabrien pines for love, and holds a secret that could destroy those who’ve hurt him—and many more. Armando receives an indecent proposal that would enrage most men, himself included. But everyone has their price.

Love is cheap and memories are long in Tricks for a Trade, where every day is a careful dance between ruin and reward. Gary, Cabrien, and Armando know what they want, but how far will they go to get it?

Gary must take on the conservative elite to grasp the...

Links

I fell in love with the characters and never wanted this book to end. If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star.

I do not know what to make of this book. It was published in 2016, so I'm not sure why NetGalley gave me a review copy, but I'm not complaining. It's about three main characters, all African American - Cabrian, who is gay and a bit in love with Drake, Drake who is gay (and out) and who works for a Black Republican organisation and Armando, who is straight but has lost his job and needs money. There are complex relationships between all of them, and other characters, and it's quite the tangle. The plot weaves and twists, but it's mainly personality driven. The ending could have gone either way, but how it went (no spoilers) was quite satisfying., This book was king of trashy, but I could not put it down. I'm glad I read it.

Do not let the cover fool you. This is A very good book overall. Yes, there are gay characters, but do not let that deter you as there are also straight characters. The characters are all connected in some way to each other, finding out how is the joy of reading the book. I will look for more from this author. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving this book in this manner had no bearing on this review.

This book was in complete to me even though the writing was good I still did not get the ending I was looking for.. Many unresolved issues.