Lockdown on London Lane

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #LockdownonLondonLane #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Please note that this an early uncorrected proof.

With nowhere else to go…

Through make ups, breakups, love-ins, and blowouts, friendships are tested as everyone scrambles to make it through the week unscathed. Amidst all the drama, one thing remains constant: life is full of surprises.

Please note that this an early uncorrected proof.

For the inhabitants of London Lane...

ISBN 9781989365854

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This book was so lovely. It’s focused around the lives of 5 flats in a block caught up in the pandemic lockdown. The stories range from a group of girls doing wedding diy, a one night stand, a couple who are on the rocks, a guy whose girlfriend is stuck at her parents and a new couple. Who are all stuck locked into a block of flat for a week. The story is intertwined across the flats over the course of week. It touches on the pandemic memories we now all have - the banana bread, the shift to working from home, zoom quizzes, the shopping delivery battle. I feel in love with the characters, and found their stories endearing. Chronicling the change in circumstances that impacted us all. The five stories were lovely and I really enjoyed how they threaded together. I stayed up late into the night to get to end. Book provided by NetGalley on preview copy.

I laughed, I cried, I was wholly invested in every character! In the beginning of a virus outbreak, a whole apartment block in London goes into lockdown. The world outside is still seemingly normal while the lives of those locked inside for a week might be set to change forever! On Sunday morning all the residents of the apartments on London Lane awake to find a note informing them the building is on a 7 day quarantine and no-one is allowed to come in or leave. This book follows the lives of the people inside 5 of the apartments. You follow along day by day of the 7 day quarantine. Ethan and Charlotte are the only couple who end up on either side of the locked door to the building. Charlotte had been at her families childhood home to pack up when the lockdown began and now she can't get back inside. While Imogen and Nate had a one night stand that is being repeated for a whole week. Can Imogen survive a week with her one night stand she'd planned to ditch the next morning? Another new couple, Isla and Dan are putting their new relationship to test when they're forced ahead a few relationship milestones. Being stuck together for an entire week one month after you start dating tends to throw a spanner in the works. However it seems that even long standing 4 year relationships can be put to the test in quarantine. One pineapple pizza sized test reveals that Zach and Serena have a few things they can no longer shy away from. Finally there's Liv, and who desperately tried to call of the wedding prep weekend she'd planned for her best friend, who happens to have found her inner bridezilla and 2 total strangers. Now it's been extended by an extra 7 days and suddenly her one bedroom apartment is feeling ever smaller and messy. Not to mention the four women going totally off the rails. I loved this book, it had sounded great but I honestly didn't think it would be so hilarious! I regularly had to tell myself to be quiet just to not wake my youngest child reading this at bedtimes. It was wonderful to have so many diverse characters, with different jobs, lives, wealth, abilities and of course the fact that each one's live has just been put on pause. If you enjoy rom-coms you will not be disappointed with Lockdown on London Lane!

I absolutely adore Beth Reekles' writing, and this does not disappoint! The idea of the book as a whole, with the lockdown of apartments and following the stories and lives of characters who live within these apartments, is done so well! I became instantly invested in the lives of every single character that was introduced and wanted to know every single thing about them, their lives, and how they would cope in a lockdown. This book had me going through a whole range of emotions, I was smiling, I was crying and I was laughing - pretty much everything you'd want from a book! From Bridezilla's to one night stands that end up lasting 7 whole days, every character is put to the test and many emotions are shared. Beth Reekles has done an incredible job with this book, it is thoroughly enjoyable and an absolute treat to read, I have no doubt this book will be massively popular when it's released early next year!

Date reviewed/posted: July 7, 2021 Publication date: February 1, 2022 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Also to be released as Love, Locked Down in the UK, Lockdown on London Lane marks Beth Reekles adult fiction debut. For the inhabitants of London Lane, a simple slip of paper underneath each of their doors is about to change their lives in a hundred different ways. URGENT!!! Due to the current situation, building management has decided to impose a seven-day quarantine on all apartment buildings on London Lane. With nowhere else to go… Ethan and Charlotte wonder whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder when they end up on either side of a locked door. A fierce debate over pineapple on pizza ignites a series of revelations about Zach and Serena’s four-year relationship. Liv realizes rolling with the punches is sometimes much harder than it looks after her bridesmaids’ party goes off the rails, leaving the group at each other’s throats. Isla and Danny’s new romance is put to the test as they jump ten steps ahead on the relationship timeline. And Imogen and Nate’s one-night stand is about to get six do-overs they never really asked for—not awkward at all. Through make-ups, breakups, love-ins, and blowouts, friendships are tested as everyone scrambles to make it through the week unscathed. Amidst all the drama, one thing remains constant: life is full of surprises. I live in a REALLY BIZARRE apartment building full of religious fanatics and were people. But after 23 years you cannot beat the rent as it is 2-3x more for a 1BR flat here in London. The characters are hilarious and the things that happen to them is funny and heartbreaking - could you survive the lockdown?? (I mean we locked down during COVID but this is even more strict...) It comes out in time for Valentine's Day 2022 and is the perfect gift to give your loved one, trust me. ..in the 7 months since hubby moved back after returning, we have been apart maybe 23 hours in total. I will leave it at that. I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

This was such a good book! Set a London flat block that has been shuttered on lockdown with no notice for one week, we read about the happenings in 5 flats. Each flat has its own issues from the expected ones like lack of food, clean clothing, etc to the unexpected ones like missing partners, one night stands now becoming a week-long relationship and marriage proposals. I laughed, cried and screamed at some of the characters. You will too and have to share which flat was your favorite! A big thank you to NetGalley as I received the book in exchange for an honest opinion.

I received an early digital copy of this book, and OMG was it the cutest thing!!! Typically the idea of COVID-age romances aren’t super appealing to me, but the premise of this book was so creative and engaging, and I ended up loving it! The story takes place in a single apartment building that has been quarantined and follows five different tenants in the building as they navigate love and relationships. The way that each story is intertwined with the next is so fun and reminds me of a TV show, but I don’t want to give anything away! This book will be published February 1st of 2022, and I can guarantee it will be a hit!

I gave this a 3.t star rating. I found it well done and enjoyed it a lot. It was realistic dealing with several emotions being in lockdown during a pandemic. There was laughter, tears, fear, anxiety, a lot to deal with that was handled well. A very good read. I would gladly recommend!

Thank you Netgalley & Wattpad Books - I received this EArc in exchange for a fair and honest review. You should read this if: ✤ You Like Goofy RomCom Books ✤ You Think the idea of being Stuck in one place for an entire week is interesting ✤ You enjoy FANTASTIC Character development ✤ Your a big sap - because some of these endings will make you bawl Lockdown on London Lane is a cheeky, funny, endearing romance with an AMAZING Premise. From the moment I read the description, I knew I was going to love this book! The whole idea of it was flawless and the execution of the characters and interweaving their stories was so masterful I am left wanting to know more and more about their lives. I was so excited when I heard about this book - and even more excited when I got approved on Netgalley (THANK YOU SO MUCH Wattpad Books). The premise and idea of this story is so perfect, and while I rarely like to read about true to form real life situations I got so lost in this book I didn't want to put it down even when I had to. I loved EVERYONE of these stories and getting to know the characters and how they fit together was AMAZING. You have Imogen & Nate - the one night stand couple, Ethan and Charlotte - the perfect couple who's separated for the week due to unforeseen circumstances, Serena and Zach - the couple together forever that's a little too comfortable, Isla & Danny - the couple who have only been dating for a month and have that new relationship glow and you have the ever extraordinary Bride/Bridesmaid group of 4 lades (Olivia, Kim, Addison & Lucy) - who are stuck in a one bedroom. Beth manages to interweave their lives together so perfectly and while they don't cross often the small moments actually add to the overall story that leave the characters feeling really well rounded. I loved the development of each of their stories and how the resolutions came about at the end of the week. Each story was a completely different situation and I can find a ton of people relating to different ones depending on their individual situations. I honestly can't find any flaws. While I didn't like some characters I don't think that's even a blip on the radar. Not every person likes every other person so it's natural not to like certain characters because of the way their character is written. Otherwise - literally no flaws. Beth...you NAILED IT! Overall this was a lovely and endearing read. I was left with tears of joy and sadness over the pages being finished. I wish there was more because I want to live in this little book world forever, but all stories must come to an end. This book gets a heart warming 5/5 Stars for being a stellar romantic read that mixes real life with fiction and comes out on top with a smashing Novel worth every minute.

Five residents of London Lane are in for a shock when they wake up one Sunday morning and find out theyre quarantined for a week. No one in or out. Due to a fast spreading virus, think covid but not actually named in the book, because one resident has been infected everyone is stuck for the week. Ethan and Charlotte are in love but separated for the week as Charlotte is stuck at her parents house. Seven long days together proves too long for Serena and Zach. Luv is stuck with three female houseguests when her bridesmaids party goes way longer than expected. Isla and Danny's brand new relationship is tested with the sudden extended alone time. And Imogen and Nates one night stand ends up lasting a lot longer than one night. Let me start by saying I hate reading about covid. I read to escape and reading about the thing that's on the news every day isn't relaxing at all. However, this was done perfectly! I couldn't out this book down! Each story was so easy to follow and I was immediately invested in each of their relationships. Being stuck together for seven days will test any relationship romantic or otherwise, and this book thoroughly explored that while remaining realistic. Forced closeness helped each couple either find love or exposed the cracks in each of their relationships. This was the perfect love/relationship story and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Five BIG stars! ❤ 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Thank you to NetGalley, Wattpad Books, and Beth Reekles for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Initially I wasn't sure about how I was going to feel. Reading a book about lockdown so soon after things had started to open back up, but I couldn't resist picking this one up. I found myself quite surprised by how much I enjoyed the character development and how much I enjoyed getting a glimpse into other people's lives during a time when the entire world was experiencing the same thing collectively. I was concerned that this was going to feel like an over romanticized or sensationalized version of lock down during the pandemic,which would have felt insensitive. However, I really felt the author did a good job of realistically portraying the difficult emotions that people were processing. Since the book is set in an apartment block, we gotta look into five different apartments and the tenants inside. The book takes place over a week of quarantine. We meet a brand new couple forced to tackle milestones before they're perhaps ready, a one night stand who are now stuck together for a week, a character whose girlfriend is stuck at her parents house, a couple who are on the rocks after being together for sometime, and some bridesmaids doing pre wedding do-it-yourself projects. I very much enjoyed the variety. all in all this is very much a sweet rom com but also a great reminder of that i'm very recently when we were all experiencing the same thing at the same time everywhere in the world truly in experience that none of us ever expected. Thank you to Netgalley and Wattpad books for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.3/5 I want to fist say thank you to the author and NetGalley for giving me the eARC. I want to start this review by saying that I am a COVID freak, I wash my hand 100 times a day, and I clean everything with Clorox wipes before I touch them an more. I read to escape reality and covid and when I started this book I was skeptical about it and I didn’t think that I will like it and also I didn’t want to read about a virus, but I am proud to say that this book proved me wrong! And now I want to read more book from Beth. it was a quick read, and All the stories where easy to follow, but I did not the bridezilla one but the book is amazing anyways. This book made me feel so many emotions, it made me happy, laugh, I even cried I was so invested in this book

I really enjoyed this book! Beth Reekles does a flawless job of combining 5 different narratives into one seemless story! I felt like I could relate to each person and each situation. I could understand how lockdown might cause rifts and problem in relationships. I also appreaciated how each story was basically a nightmare situation: getting stuck with a one night stand, new relationship, bridal party with a bridezilla, ending relationship and without your significant other. I really feel like Beth Reekles covered the full spectrum of emotions with this story. Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad books for providing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I would recommend this to a friend and look forward to being able to purchase a finished copy.

Guys, listen. Do you enjoy books that will make you feel like you just drank that GOOD cup of coffee? Or maybe tea? Hot chocolate? Eaten a piece of amazing cheesecake? You get where I'm going with this, right? This book gives you that feeling. Such a cute story- as cute as you can get dealing with the serious plot point being this takes place during a pandemic (no, it doesnt specify Covid or anything- keeps it very vague, theres no mentions of symptoms or health issues or scares) BUT it did mention the lack of toilet paper and that was pretty realistic enough for me. This book takes place over a week of quarantining for differing tenants (and some non tenants who for one reason or another are now stuck with their tenant acquaintances). Each person has their own unique situation, each became loveable and relatable for the most part. I was a little hesitant to start this given the current state of affairs we're dealing with- pandemics right now can be triggering for some, even reading a fictional take may be like walking on eggshells. I am so glad I gave it a shot, and I'm glad i was given the opportunity to read it. This book left me feeling fluffy, hopeful, and excited to read more by Beth Reekles.

Super cute pandemic love story!!! I get the Valentine's Day vibes with this one... super adorable. Love how all the characters come together without... really coming together because lockdown. Ending felt a bit rushed though but regardless it left me feeling so good and warm and makes me want to fall in love.

This was the written, pandemic version of Love Actually that you could only dream of, except its real. This story was adorable and I was thoroughly investing in each story, barely even noticing that the book was flying by in a matter of hours. I think my favorite couple was Danny and Isla. I adore the honeymoon stage and I felt like their relationship was quiet realistic. I was rooting for everyone in this book, my favorite individual character was Nate in all his nerdy glory. One of the most impressive things about this contemporary fiction was the amount of development and structure in each character, even the supporting characters with less importance to the story. If there was one thing to add to this I would have added the perspective of an elderly introverted couple whose lives didn’t change one bit with the lockdown… ahah I think anyone could enjoy this novel. Its super fast paced, easily readable and realistic to people in most stages of life. Until next time…

Solid 4 stars! A book that I think we can all relate to! I loved the collection of characters and the subtle way they overlapped. Their struggles, annoyances and triumphs were all very real and I found myself liking all the characters. Bravo Beth Reekles!

Super cute book about how various couples/groups of people handle being stuck together for an entire week. It’s set at the beginning of the pandemic (weird that I can say ‘the pandemic’ and not ‘a pandemic’) and someone in the apartment building tests positive. The entire building is put on lockdown with no one in and no one out. This part of the book seems pretty outlandish to me but I can overlook it because the relationships are written so well. Each couple’s relationship faces some harsh realities and you see how they overcome, confront them and grow.

Loved this book. Set at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the residents of a block of flats have to isolate after a resident tests positive. The residents, and their weekend visitors are stuck inside for a week. We follow the stories of a disparate group of people as they tackle this new normal! A great story and very relevant. Highly recommend!

Enjoyed this title very much. Would highly recommend reading and adding to your collection. Very interesting storyline

Lockdown on London Lane is what you get when you cross cult fave rom-com Love Actually with the COVID-19 pandemic. The story features vignettes from the lives of various London Lane apartment dwellers, sharing their ups and downs as they go through a week of sudden and complete quarantine. In the words of the building super, NO ONE IN OR OUT! There are a variety of situations represented-new couples thrown together, couples separated, and even an entire bridesmaid party. This book ticked a lot of my boxes. I love rom coms set in London, and this one was lots of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, though at times it felt a bit long. I think a strength of this book was that it was able to incorporate the reality of the pandemic in a way that was both realistic and somehow playful. As I read I could definitely see the scenes playing out like a movie, especially the ending which felt particularly cinematic. I'd recommend this book to other rom com lovers, or anyone who loves a romantic movie.

This book was so good! It’s about five residents who end up getting quarantined for a week due to a virus going around. I don’t like reading about covid but this book was so well done! The characters were easy to like and relate to and the relationships explored throughout this book were so perfect! This just shows you how being stuck with someone, romantically or not, really tests out how well they can cope being together and overcoming any challenges. 4/5 solid stars!

I really enjoyed this timely novel. Though we often read books where for whatever reason, a group of people end up stranded together, the pandemic twist really hit home right now. But aside from that aspect, the author did a really great job creating separate scenarios of people stuck in several different apartments in the same building that all felt wildly different yet connected in the end. So many different relationships, both platonic and romantic, we’re explored and the range of emotions was very well done. I laughed, I cringed, and I even cried. I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

4/5 ⭐️ 5 residents on London Lane wake up one morning to discover they’re all being quarantined for a week due to a highly contagious virus going around. This is my first time reading a book about COVID-19, and let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it! The characters are so witty and funny, and I laughed, cried, smiled, and emphathized with them. Their stories were all relatable and so fun to follow along with. Even the first chapter had me giggling because of the humor right off the bat! I’ll admit, initially it was confusing because there were so many characters and stories to follow, and it took me a few pages into each chapter to remember who was telling which story. But after I got the hang of it, it was a really fun and cute read! I love how the ending tied in all the stories together. A huge thank you to the author and publisher for providing an e-ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Lockdown on London Lane is a look at 5 apartments in a building that has gone on a mandatory weeklong lockdown because of a “highly contagious deadly virus” although we all know which one the author meant. 😉 A one night stand. A newly dating couple. A couple struggling. A man separated from the love of his life. A bridal party work weekend. Relationships were tested. Insecurities were brought to the surface. Revelations were made. I really enjoyed this book. I wasn’t sure going in and it started a bit slow for me but I ended up reading the last 2/3 of the book in one day because I needed to know how each scenario ended. I did appreciate that although the stories many focused on relationships; none of the parties forgot about the impending pandemic. Lots of fears were discussed about the uncertainties of the next few months (years) and decisions were made with it in mind. I recommend this book as a light-hearted pandemic-based romance with a lot of reality mixed in.

It was such a stunning book, 4 stars read for me. I cant wait to see everyone else's reactions. I am definitely going to be picking up this book again in the future as a re-read.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4129661737 This is the review that can be found on goodreads. Let me quickly preface this by saying I was provided free online arc company from NetGallery in exchange of an honest review. I was first excited to read this on Wattpad, when I saw what it was about, but then never got around to it. While reading this book, it sort of feels nostalgic (for a lack of better words) as to how the world was initially reacting to the pandemic, compared to now. This book follows five different love stories whilst being kept in lockdown for a week. Each of the couples showcases different stages of being in a relationship and how being forced to deal with each other’s company’s with no breaks will impact one another and the relationship(with the exception of Ethan and Charlotte). Generally, I’m iffy about different stories being told throughout the book, but the way this writer does it, makes me more open to books told in a similar manner. Reekles does a great job by having the stories overlap and the characters interact with one another, in some way or another, which weaves each of the stories into a book, rather than it’s own thing. I loved the pop cultural references found in this book, especially to sitcoms. If I had to chose who my favorite character from this book is, it would be Imogen. Reading this book, I wanted to just go back to her story, not for the plot, but for her. She is unafraid to be herself, and wasn’t withholding parts of herself. She was honest, with a great wit, making her all that more enjoyable to read (and the main source of humor). Close second, would have to be Charlotte for similar reasons, even though we didn’t see much of her in the book. I like how near the ending we get a taste of what Charlotte is like, rather than being someone told from the narrative of her boyfriend. I wished that we got to see more of Nate, and what he must have been feeling or thinking. Obviously, it would have be complicated to do so, but the chat that he has with Ethan, where he tries to explain how he feels Imogen, was a great thing to keep in mind while reading the rest of the story. Near the end, there are some edits that need to be made, for example between two paragraphs, there was (insert spacer). There were also some minor syntax errors, such as a stray letter or two.