Lockdown on London Lane

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 01 Feb 2022
Wattpad Books, W by Wattpad Books

Talking about this book? Use #LockdownonLondonLane #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Please note that this an early uncorrected proof.

With nowhere else to go…

Please note that this an early uncorrected proof.

For the inhabitants of London Lane...

ISBN 9781989365854
PRICE CA$23.99 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This book was so lovely. It’s focused around the lives of 5 flats in a block caught up in the pandemic lockdown. The stories range from a group of girls doing wedding diy, a one night stand, a couple who are on the rocks, a guy whose girlfriend is stuck at her parents and a new couple. Who are all stuck locked into a block of flat for a week. The story is intertwined across the flats over the course of week. It touches on the pandemic memories we now all have - the banana bread, the shift to working from home, zoom quizzes, the shopping delivery battle. I feel in love with the characters, and found their stories endearing. Chronicling the change in circumstances that impacted us all. The five stories were lovely and I really enjoyed how they threaded together. I stayed up late into the night to get to end. Book provided by NetGalley on preview copy.

I laughed, I cried, I was wholly invested in every character! In the beginning of a virus outbreak, a whole apartment block in London goes into lockdown. The world outside is still seemingly normal while the lives of those locked inside for a week might be set to change forever! On Sunday morning all the residents of the apartments on London Lane awake to find a note informing them the building is on a 7 day quarantine and no-one is allowed to come in or leave. This book follows the lives of the people inside 5 of the apartments. You follow along day by day of the 7 day quarantine. Ethan and Charlotte are the only couple who end up on either side of the locked door to the building. Charlotte had been at her families childhood home to pack up when the lockdown began and now she can't get back inside. While Imogen and Nate had a one night stand that is being repeated for a whole week. Can Imogen survive a week with her one night stand she'd planned to ditch the next morning? Another new couple, Isla and Dan are putting their new relationship to test when they're forced ahead a few relationship milestones. Being stuck together for an entire week one month after you start dating tends to throw a spanner in the works. However it seems that even long standing 4 year relationships can be put to the test in quarantine. One pineapple pizza sized test reveals that Zach and Serena have a few things they can no longer shy away from. Finally there's Liv, and who desperately tried to call of the wedding prep weekend she'd planned for her best friend, who happens to have found her inner bridezilla and 2 total strangers. Now it's been extended by an extra 7 days and suddenly her one bedroom apartment is feeling ever smaller and messy. Not to mention the four women going totally off the rails. I loved this book, it had sounded great but I honestly didn't think it would be so hilarious! I regularly had to tell myself to be quiet just to not wake my youngest child reading this at bedtimes. It was wonderful to have so many diverse characters, with different jobs, lives, wealth, abilities and of course the fact that each one's live has just been put on pause. If you enjoy rom-coms you will not be disappointed with Lockdown on London Lane!

I absolutely adore Beth Reekles' writing, and this does not disappoint! The idea of the book as a whole, with the lockdown of apartments and following the stories and lives of characters who live within these apartments, is done so well! I became instantly invested in the lives of every single character that was introduced and wanted to know every single thing about them, their lives, and how they would cope in a lockdown. This book had me going through a whole range of emotions, I was smiling, I was crying and I was laughing - pretty much everything you'd want from a book! From Bridezilla's to one night stands that end up lasting 7 whole days, every character is put to the test and many emotions are shared. Beth Reekles has done an incredible job with this book, it is thoroughly enjoyable and an absolute treat to read, I have no doubt this book will be massively popular when it's released early next year!

Date reviewed/posted: July 7, 2021 Publication date: February 1, 2022 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Also to be released as Love, Locked Down in the UK, Lockdown on London Lane marks Beth Reekles adult fiction debut. For the inhabitants of London Lane, a simple slip of paper underneath each of their doors is about to change their lives in a hundred different ways. URGENT!!! Due to the current situation, building management has decided to impose a seven-day quarantine on all apartment buildings on London Lane. With nowhere else to go… Ethan and Charlotte wonder whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder when they end up on either side of a locked door. A fierce debate over pineapple on pizza ignites a series of revelations about Zach and Serena’s four-year relationship. Liv realizes rolling with the punches is sometimes much harder than it looks after her bridesmaids’ party goes off the rails, leaving the group at each other’s throats. Isla and Danny’s new romance is put to the test as they jump ten steps ahead on the relationship timeline. And Imogen and Nate’s one-night stand is about to get six do-overs they never really asked for—not awkward at all. Through make-ups, breakups, love-ins, and blowouts, friendships are tested as everyone scrambles to make it through the week unscathed. Amidst all the drama, one thing remains constant: life is full of surprises. I live in a REALLY BIZARRE apartment building full of religious fanatics and were people. But after 23 years you cannot beat the rent as it is 2-3x more for a 1BR flat here in London. The characters are hilarious and the things that happen to them is funny and heartbreaking - could you survive the lockdown?? (I mean we locked down during COVID but this is even more strict...) It comes out in time for Valentine's Day 2022 and is the perfect gift to give your loved one, trust me. ..in the 7 months since hubby moved back after returning, we have been apart maybe 23 hours in total. I will leave it at that. I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🗝🗝🗝🗝🗝

This was such a good book! Set a London flat block that has been shuttered on lockdown with no notice for one week, we read about the happenings in 5 flats. Each flat has its own issues from the expected ones like lack of food, clean clothing, etc to the unexpected ones like missing partners, one night stands now becoming a week-long relationship and marriage proposals. I laughed, cried and screamed at some of the characters. You will too and have to share which flat was your favorite! A big thank you to NetGalley as I received the book in exchange for an honest opinion.

I received an early digital copy of this book, and OMG was it the cutest thing!!! Typically the idea of COVID-age romances aren’t super appealing to me, but the premise of this book was so creative and engaging, and I ended up loving it! The story takes place in a single apartment building that has been quarantined and follows five different tenants in the building as they navigate love and relationships. The way that each story is intertwined with the next is so fun and reminds me of a TV show, but I don’t want to give anything away! This book will be published February 1st of 2022, and I can guarantee it will be a hit!

I gave this a 3.t star rating. I found it well done and enjoyed it a lot. It was realistic dealing with several emotions being in lockdown during a pandemic. There was laughter, tears, fear, anxiety, a lot to deal with that was handled well. A very good read. I would gladly recommend!

Thank you Netgalley & Wattpad Books - I received this EArc in exchange for a fair and honest review. You should read this if: ✤ You Like Goofy RomCom Books ✤ You Think the idea of being Stuck in one place for an entire week is interesting ✤ You enjoy FANTASTIC Character development ✤ Your a big sap - because some of these endings will make you bawl Lockdown on London Lane is a cheeky, funny, endearing romance with an AMAZING Premise. From the moment I read the description, I knew I was going to love this book! The whole idea of it was flawless and the execution of the characters and interweaving their stories was so masterful I am left wanting to know more and more about their lives. I was so excited when I heard about this book - and even more excited when I got approved on Netgalley (THANK YOU SO MUCH Wattpad Books). The premise and idea of this story is so perfect, and while I rarely like to read about true to form real life situations I got so lost in this book I didn't want to put it down even when I had to. I loved EVERYONE of these stories and getting to know the characters and how they fit together was AMAZING. You have Imogen & Nate - the one night stand couple, Ethan and Charlotte - the perfect couple who's separated for the week due to unforeseen circumstances, Serena and Zach - the couple together forever that's a little too comfortable, Isla & Danny - the couple who have only been dating for a month and have that new relationship glow and you have the ever extraordinary Bride/Bridesmaid group of 4 lades (Olivia, Kim, Addison & Lucy) - who are stuck in a one bedroom. Beth manages to interweave their lives together so perfectly and while they don't cross often the small moments actually add to the overall story that leave the characters feeling really well rounded. I loved the development of each of their stories and how the resolutions came about at the end of the week. Each story was a completely different situation and I can find a ton of people relating to different ones depending on their individual situations. I honestly can't find any flaws. While I didn't like some characters I don't think that's even a blip on the radar. Not every person likes every other person so it's natural not to like certain characters because of the way their character is written. Otherwise - literally no flaws. Beth...you NAILED IT! Overall this was a lovely and endearing read. I was left with tears of joy and sadness over the pages being finished. I wish there was more because I want to live in this little book world forever, but all stories must come to an end. This book gets a heart warming 5/5 Stars for being a stellar romantic read that mixes real life with fiction and comes out on top with a smashing Novel worth every minute.

Five residents of London Lane are in for a shock when they wake up one Sunday morning and find out theyre quarantined for a week. No one in or out. Due to a fast spreading virus, think covid but not actually named in the book, because one resident has been infected everyone is stuck for the week. Ethan and Charlotte are in love but separated for the week as Charlotte is stuck at her parents house. Seven long days together proves too long for Serena and Zach. Luv is stuck with three female houseguests when her bridesmaids party goes way longer than expected. Isla and Danny's brand new relationship is tested with the sudden extended alone time. And Imogen and Nates one night stand ends up lasting a lot longer than one night. Let me start by saying I hate reading about covid. I read to escape and reading about the thing that's on the news every day isn't relaxing at all. However, this was done perfectly! I couldn't out this book down! Each story was so easy to follow and I was immediately invested in each of their relationships. Being stuck together for seven days will test any relationship romantic or otherwise, and this book thoroughly explored that while remaining realistic. Forced closeness helped each couple either find love or exposed the cracks in each of their relationships. This was the perfect love/relationship story and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Five BIG stars! ❤ 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Thank you to NetGalley, Wattpad Books, and Beth Reekles for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Initially I wasn't sure about how I was going to feel. Reading a book about lockdown so soon after things had started to open back up, but I couldn't resist picking this one up. I found myself quite surprised by how much I enjoyed the character development and how much I enjoyed getting a glimpse into other people's lives during a time when the entire world was experiencing the same thing collectively. I was concerned that this was going to feel like an over romanticized or sensationalized version of lock down during the pandemic,which would have felt insensitive. However, I really felt the author did a good job of realistically portraying the difficult emotions that people were processing. Since the book is set in an apartment block, we gotta look into five different apartments and the tenants inside. The book takes place over a week of quarantine. We meet a brand new couple forced to tackle milestones before they're perhaps ready, a one night stand who are now stuck together for a week, a character whose girlfriend is stuck at her parents house, a couple who are on the rocks after being together for sometime, and some bridesmaids doing pre wedding do-it-yourself projects. I very much enjoyed the variety. all in all this is very much a sweet rom com but also a great reminder of that i'm very recently when we were all experiencing the same thing at the same time everywhere in the world truly in experience that none of us ever expected. Thank you to Netgalley and Wattpad books for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.3/5 I want to fist say thank you to the author and NetGalley for giving me the eARC. I want to start this review by saying that I am a COVID freak, I wash my hand 100 times a day, and I clean everything with Clorox wipes before I touch them an more. I read to escape reality and covid and when I started this book I was skeptical about it and I didn’t think that I will like it and also I didn’t want to read about a virus, but I am proud to say that this book proved me wrong! And now I want to read more book from Beth. it was a quick read, and All the stories where easy to follow, but I did not the bridezilla one but the book is amazing anyways. This book made me feel so many emotions, it made me happy, laugh, I even cried I was so invested in this book

I really enjoyed this book! Beth Reekles does a flawless job of combining 5 different narratives into one seemless story! I felt like I could relate to each person and each situation. I could understand how lockdown might cause rifts and problem in relationships. I also appreaciated how each story was basically a nightmare situation: getting stuck with a one night stand, new relationship, bridal party with a bridezilla, ending relationship and without your significant other. I really feel like Beth Reekles covered the full spectrum of emotions with this story. Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad books for providing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I would recommend this to a friend and look forward to being able to purchase a finished copy.

Guys, listen. Do you enjoy books that will make you feel like you just drank that GOOD cup of coffee? Or maybe tea? Hot chocolate? Eaten a piece of amazing cheesecake? You get where I'm going with this, right? This book gives you that feeling. Such a cute story- as cute as you can get dealing with the serious plot point being this takes place during a pandemic (no, it doesnt specify Covid or anything- keeps it very vague, theres no mentions of symptoms or health issues or scares) BUT it did mention the lack of toilet paper and that was pretty realistic enough for me. This book takes place over a week of quarantining for differing tenants (and some non tenants who for one reason or another are now stuck with their tenant acquaintances). Each person has their own unique situation, each became loveable and relatable for the most part. I was a little hesitant to start this given the current state of affairs we're dealing with- pandemics right now can be triggering for some, even reading a fictional take may be like walking on eggshells. I am so glad I gave it a shot, and I'm glad i was given the opportunity to read it. This book left me feeling fluffy, hopeful, and excited to read more by Beth Reekles.

Super cute pandemic love story!!! I get the Valentine's Day vibes with this one... super adorable. Love how all the characters come together without... really coming together because lockdown. Ending felt a bit rushed though but regardless it left me feeling so good and warm and makes me want to fall in love.

This was the written, pandemic version of Love Actually that you could only dream of, except its real. This story was adorable and I was thoroughly investing in each story, barely even noticing that the book was flying by in a matter of hours. I think my favorite couple was Danny and Isla. I adore the honeymoon stage and I felt like their relationship was quiet realistic. I was rooting for everyone in this book, my favorite individual character was Nate in all his nerdy glory. One of the most impressive things about this contemporary fiction was the amount of development and structure in each character, even the supporting characters with less importance to the story. If there was one thing to add to this I would have added the perspective of an elderly introverted couple whose lives didn’t change one bit with the lockdown… ahah I think anyone could enjoy this novel. Its super fast paced, easily readable and realistic to people in most stages of life. Until next time…

Solid 4 stars! A book that I think we can all relate to! I loved the collection of characters and the subtle way they overlapped. Their struggles, annoyances and triumphs were all very real and I found myself liking all the characters. Bravo Beth Reekles!

Super cute book about how various couples/groups of people handle being stuck together for an entire week. It’s set at the beginning of the pandemic (weird that I can say ‘the pandemic’ and not ‘a pandemic’) and someone in the apartment building tests positive. The entire building is put on lockdown with no one in and no one out. This part of the book seems pretty outlandish to me but I can overlook it because the relationships are written so well. Each couple’s relationship faces some harsh realities and you see how they overcome, confront them and grow.

Loved this book. Set at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the residents of a block of flats have to isolate after a resident tests positive. The residents, and their weekend visitors are stuck inside for a week. We follow the stories of a disparate group of people as they tackle this new normal! A great story and very relevant. Highly recommend!

Enjoyed this title very much. Would highly recommend reading and adding to your collection. Very interesting storyline

Lockdown on London Lane is what you get when you cross cult fave rom-com Love Actually with the COVID-19 pandemic. The story features vignettes from the lives of various London Lane apartment dwellers, sharing their ups and downs as they go through a week of sudden and complete quarantine. In the words of the building super, NO ONE IN OR OUT! There are a variety of situations represented-new couples thrown together, couples separated, and even an entire bridesmaid party. This book ticked a lot of my boxes. I love rom coms set in London, and this one was lots of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, though at times it felt a bit long. I think a strength of this book was that it was able to incorporate the reality of the pandemic in a way that was both realistic and somehow playful. As I read I could definitely see the scenes playing out like a movie, especially the ending which felt particularly cinematic. I'd recommend this book to other rom com lovers, or anyone who loves a romantic movie.

This book was so good! It’s about five residents who end up getting quarantined for a week due to a virus going around. I don’t like reading about covid but this book was so well done! The characters were easy to like and relate to and the relationships explored throughout this book were so perfect! This just shows you how being stuck with someone, romantically or not, really tests out how well they can cope being together and overcoming any challenges. 4/5 solid stars!

I really enjoyed this timely novel. Though we often read books where for whatever reason, a group of people end up stranded together, the pandemic twist really hit home right now. But aside from that aspect, the author did a really great job creating separate scenarios of people stuck in several different apartments in the same building that all felt wildly different yet connected in the end. So many different relationships, both platonic and romantic, we’re explored and the range of emotions was very well done. I laughed, I cringed, and I even cried. I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

4/5 ⭐️ 5 residents on London Lane wake up one morning to discover they’re all being quarantined for a week due to a highly contagious virus going around. This is my first time reading a book about COVID-19, and let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it! The characters are so witty and funny, and I laughed, cried, smiled, and emphathized with them. Their stories were all relatable and so fun to follow along with. Even the first chapter had me giggling because of the humor right off the bat! I’ll admit, initially it was confusing because there were so many characters and stories to follow, and it took me a few pages into each chapter to remember who was telling which story. But after I got the hang of it, it was a really fun and cute read! I love how the ending tied in all the stories together. A huge thank you to the author and publisher for providing an e-ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Lockdown on London Lane is a look at 5 apartments in a building that has gone on a mandatory weeklong lockdown because of a “highly contagious deadly virus” although we all know which one the author meant. 😉 A one night stand. A newly dating couple. A couple struggling. A man separated from the love of his life. A bridal party work weekend. Relationships were tested. Insecurities were brought to the surface. Revelations were made. I really enjoyed this book. I wasn’t sure going in and it started a bit slow for me but I ended up reading the last 2/3 of the book in one day because I needed to know how each scenario ended. I did appreciate that although the stories many focused on relationships; none of the parties forgot about the impending pandemic. Lots of fears were discussed about the uncertainties of the next few months (years) and decisions were made with it in mind. I recommend this book as a light-hearted pandemic-based romance with a lot of reality mixed in.

It was such a stunning book, 4 stars read for me. I cant wait to see everyone else's reactions. I am definitely going to be picking up this book again in the future as a re-read.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4129661737 This is the review that can be found on goodreads. Let me quickly preface this by saying I was provided free online arc company from NetGallery in exchange of an honest review. I was first excited to read this on Wattpad, when I saw what it was about, but then never got around to it. While reading this book, it sort of feels nostalgic (for a lack of better words) as to how the world was initially reacting to the pandemic, compared to now. This book follows five different love stories whilst being kept in lockdown for a week. Each of the couples showcases different stages of being in a relationship and how being forced to deal with each other’s company’s with no breaks will impact one another and the relationship(with the exception of Ethan and Charlotte). Generally, I’m iffy about different stories being told throughout the book, but the way this writer does it, makes me more open to books told in a similar manner. Reekles does a great job by having the stories overlap and the characters interact with one another, in some way or another, which weaves each of the stories into a book, rather than it’s own thing. I loved the pop cultural references found in this book, especially to sitcoms. If I had to chose who my favorite character from this book is, it would be Imogen. Reading this book, I wanted to just go back to her story, not for the plot, but for her. She is unafraid to be herself, and wasn’t withholding parts of herself. She was honest, with a great wit, making her all that more enjoyable to read (and the main source of humor). Close second, would have to be Charlotte for similar reasons, even though we didn’t see much of her in the book. I like how near the ending we get a taste of what Charlotte is like, rather than being someone told from the narrative of her boyfriend. I wished that we got to see more of Nate, and what he must have been feeling or thinking. Obviously, it would have be complicated to do so, but the chat that he has with Ethan, where he tries to explain how he feels Imogen, was a great thing to keep in mind while reading the rest of the story. Near the end, there are some edits that need to be made, for example between two paragraphs, there was (insert spacer). There were also some minor syntax errors, such as a stray letter or two.

First off I want to thank NetGalley for allowing me to have an ARC of Lockdown on London Lane. I really enjoyed this book! I’ve never read anything like it before. It is 5 stories in one basically. I plan on buying this book when it comes out!

thanks @netgalley for access to this story! • i finished this in one sitting. the sitting ended at two am but i had to know what happened to dear charlotte. this was an easy but really good read. it really hit home with how we were all feeling at the beginning of the pandemic. and i loved that not everyone got the expected happy ending. grab some popcorn when you grab this book. you’ll need a snack when you realize it’s been two hours and you haven’t been able to put it down.

Thank you to Netgalley and Beth Reekles for gifting me a digital copy of Love on Lockdown Lane to review. Lordy Lord I loved this book so much, I laughed, I cried and I lived every second of this book. I loved the relationships between all the characters and the over lapping of the lives of each apartment. I didn’t want this book to come to an end, I became so involved with each individual story line, and that’s not an easy thing to do but Beth Reekles handled it seamlessly. I will be buying this book the second I can get my hands on a physical copy. I loved it so much. Well done Beth Reekles you absolutely smashed this one out the park.

Do you like the movie Love, Actually? Then this is the perfect book for you. We follow five different groups of people, who all live in the same apartment complex which is shut down for 7 days during a pandemic lockdown. And we probably all know, how that feels. The whole book gave me cozy rom-com vibes and there were definitely the trademark points, that can’t be missed in a rom-com. We have: • a couple, that’s together for some time and starts re-evaluating their relationship • a couple, that has to do social distancing, since one was not home when the lockdown started • four friends, who had a sleepover when the lockdown started and are now trapped in the apartment • a couple, that is in the honeymoon phase of the relationship, since they only started dating a month prior • and (my personal favorite) a one-night stand, who can’t leave the house and has to stay with the guy, she met over a dating app All these different stories are told through the whole 7 days and I enjoyed getting to know them all and their situations. I personally think there was some character growth for the different characters and in the end, this book had everything it needed to be a fun and great read for me.

oh my goodness, this is such a sweet book! i really really enjoyed this one! it is such a sweet and heartwarming book. please pick it up as soon as you can! thank you so much, net galley!!

This book is difficult to summarize, but this is basically a view in from different characters about their experiences during lockdown in England. Initially it took some time getting into especially as there are multiple POVs, however once I properly gotten into it, I struggled to put it down and finished it super fast. It felt like a realistic insight into actual people's lives and their struggles... some got it better, some didn't. The setting was perfect for it and the writing was spot on - sometimes I felt like laughing, sometimes like crying. Loved it.

Lockdown on London Lane is set when the pandemic is just beginning and restrictions are new and unfamiliar. A notice goes to each flat informing the occupants that someone has tested positive and building management is imposing a 7 day lockdown. No one can enter or leave for the week. 5 narrators deal with the complications of lockdown. Imogen is stuck in the flat of a one-night stand who’s name she can’t remember. Socially awkward Ethan is looking forward to his girlfriend returning from a weekend trip, but when she arrives she is not allowed in the building and he is left alone. Serena and her boyfriend have been struggling lately. When he orders Hawaiian pizza she is floored that after 4 years she did not know that he likes pineapple on his pizza. This causes her to question their whole relationship and leads to a blowout fight on lockdown day 1. Isla is in the honeymoon phase of a new relationship; after a month he has not seen her less than perfectly made up and on her best behaviour. How can she possibly poop when he is in the apartment? Olivia is looking forward to guests leaving after hosting a DIY wedding weekend for her Bridezilla best friend and the other bridesmaids. The slumber party is wearing thin. Told in alternating chapters we follow the ups and downs of the week as the characters learn about themselves and relationships are tested. The characters ware endearing and the idea of being quarantined in less than ideal circumstances or with less than ideal people is both timely and relatable. This book was pretty much what people expect and love from a rom-com- awkward people and situations and for the most part happy endings in which everyone has experienced some personal growth. Thank you to the author and publisher for the opportunity to read and review this ARC.

First and most important, PINEAPPLE DOES NOT BELONG ON PIZZA. Ok, glad we sorted that out, this book was ADORABLE. The lack of “spice” made it downright wholesome. I wasn’t even bothered by it because I was thoroughly entertained. It takes place during a pandemic and an entire apartment building gets quarantined. An apartment building that holds five couples in different stages of development. There is Imogen, MY GIRL, who gives off a Wine Aunt vibe and gets caught trying to ghost her boring one-night stand, Nate. Isla, who is about to get a crash course in cohabitating, when her shiny new boyfriend, Danny can’t leave after their long weekend date. Serena, who decides to have a meltdown and question the entire existence of her relationship with her clueless boyfriend of 4 years, Zach. Ethan, is a very co-dependent gamer who is miserable without his girlfriend, Charlotte, whom is stuck at her parents. Olivia, might have it the worst of all, seeing as she is stuck with a bridal party, complete with a bridezilla and annoying American. I know a lot of people are sick of hearing about pandemics these days, but the synopsis is very upfront about the premise, so there should be no surprises there. All of the characters were well developed, whether you could stand them or not, is a personal preference (looking at you Serena). Most of them are very relatable as well. The flow between these points of view and the clever ways in which they overlapped was very smooth. I was never feeling “stuck” reading too much about a POV I wasn’t interested in. Overall, this was a cute, fun, quick read, I would recommend for those that like rom-coms with not a lot of “spice”. Check it out, when it hits shelves/e-readers February 1st, 2022! A big thanks to the Publisher & NetGalley for gifting me a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The first book for me to read by this author but I will be on the lookout for more for sure! Highly recommend this one!

The pandemic, lockdown and the lives of five residents of London Lane. Once gotten into, hard to put down as it brings realistic insight people's lives and struggles during the unexpected lockdown. Follow the five very different people in a situation that is truly relatable.

Thank you @netgalley and @wattpadbooks for the advanced reader copy of this book for an honest review. This is my second pandemic setting read and while I understand the concern some have with this idea when reading is an escape of reality, I think that the light hearted, funny perspectives of the tenants on lockdown in this building was refreshing! I am a big fan at laughing through hard times and this book nailed that idea. While the characters were exaggerated in some ways, I also found them relatable in things I have noticed in pandemic about myself or what others have shared. Some of the nit picking little things seems outrageous and laughable.. but when people feel they have no control over anything.. they often look for anything they can control whether it's the time you exercise you aren't willing to budge on, or feeling upset someone made your dishes dirty even though they just cooked you dinner. The addition of a character whose partner got locked out of the building instead of being trapped together like the others was a creative idea I really enjoyed! Also I learned I would never want to be trapped for a week with a stressed bride🙅🏻‍♀️If you are a fan of movies like Love Actually with character development in multiple groups that connect, this will not disappoint! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 Book Release date 2/1/22

This book is our COVID-19 RomCom, and I am here for it! It follows 5 different groups of people who all live in the same apartment complex and are lockdown due to the pandemic. During this time we get a look into their lives and can see how the lockdown is affecting their lives. We see a couple who begin to re-evaluate their relationship after 7 straight days together. A couple who are trying to social distance in their tiny flat. Four friends who are stuck together after having a sleepover when the lockdown was called. A couple who recently started dating A one-night stand who are now stuck with each other after meeting up through a dating app. We follow their stories during the 7 day lockdown through heart-felt and funny writing. The book is a perfect look into the pandemic and how it effects people differently. If you love rom-coms this book is for you!

Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad books for this eARC! I was intrigued by the summary and I must say this is my first pandemic/lockdown book. It was a lovely one to read. The book follows the residents of the apartment complex that has been put on quarantine due to the pandemic, leaving unexpected guests locked in and residents locked out. The narrative tells the stories of various residents of the flats affected. I enjoyed all the first person perspectives from the residents and the way the pandemic lockdown affected their lives but also taught them lessons about themselves and those close to them. It was funny and moving, sad and hopeful. I think this is a lovely book to read as your first pandemic based book. It delves into emotion and perception, relationships and communication, self reflection and aspects of love and friendship. I enjoyed each of the POVs and the characters were different and unique and I had not issue following their stories as the book progressed. There is heartwarming and heart ache in the narrative and it kept me reading and very engaged. The writing style is very natural and approachable.

I really enjoyed this book as it gave me Love Actually vibes, which is one of my favourite films! The different stories were a little difficult to follow at the start but I soon got into it and found the characters well developed on the whole. I was unsure if I would enjoy a book about lockdown… was it too soon?! But in fact it wasn’t! It was an easy read that helped me to reflect on my own lockdown experiences with humour instead of the usual doom and gloom I viewed them with. Thank you to netgalley for the advance copy

Lockdown on London Lane followed several couples, along with a group of friends who ended up getting locked down in the apartment building for a week together. This was not expected and many were not prepared for it. Throughout the book you go back and forth between the people who live in different apartments and follow the situations they are in. From 2 people who had a 1 night stand to a couple who has been together for over 4 years. You get a mix of different stages of relationships, along with a friendship between a maid of honor and a bride. Being stuck with someone in a 1 bedroom apartment for over a week, without being able to have the ability to leave and get some space really tests relationships. I liked how it also helped develop relationships between each set of people. There were many ups and downs and a happy endings. I really enjoyed this read because it was very relatable in the time we are in. I could connect with each coupe in a different way because of what I have experienced on my own. Overall I would recommend this book to others.

Thank you so much for.the opportunity to read this lovely eARC! WoW! how do I even find the correct set of words to describe this book. 5 stars doesn’t even seem like enough because I loved it THAT much. This book was a fun, quick read and was totally unputdownable. Honestly this one took me by surprise. Still set in the charming backdrop of London, with great side characters, this book just felt like a warm hug. I could not be more pleased with how much I loved this story. It leaves you with feel good, happy vibes! I can’t wait to keep reading more from Beth! 💜💜💜💜💜 I will cross post my review closer to pub date!

I really enjoyed reading this book. The author had me right from the beginning. I loved how it told the story of everyone that was in the building. How almost all the characters intertwined some way or another. There was love, there was heartbreak, people learned about their relationships and what they did and didn't want. They were stuck in uncomfortable situations. I think this book correctly described a lot of things that actually happened during lock down for many people. I would recommend this book to other readers.

Beth Reekles, who's known for her "Kissing Booth" books, has seamlessly stepped into the adult/women's fiction game with this novel. Here, various residents in the London Lane apartment building get a note from building management that they are expected to quarantine for a week amidst the beginning of the pandemic. With nowhere else to go, these various characters end up confronting their current lives and situations. We get a variety of leading players, from longtime couples confronting the future of their relationship, newly dating couples diving into that next stage very quickly, a bridal party who cannot stop fighting while prepping for upcoming nuptials, and a one-night stand that lasts one whole week. Told in multiple perspectives, we see how their different friendships and romances are tested in a series of quick novellas, almost. While reading, I absolutely couldn't put this book down thanks to its catchy language that's just so much fun and draws me in. Not only that, but this quick read features an array of equally lovable yet authentic characters that I'm invested in each of their journeys. It did read like mini-vignettes or something since each story was quite separate until one cute scene towards the end that really brings everyone together as a community. Plus, that ending (minus one heartsick twist) had me grinning so wide at this adorable and fun read.

After the year we have just had, this book was oddly comforting. It was able to convey all the feelings and emotions of lockdown and quarantine in a way that's relatable. It's odd to think about how this type of story is relatable to readers and I'm surprised more authors haven't taken it upon themselves to try and write about this experience we have all shared. This is the ultimate opportunity for the forced proximity trope At first, it was a bit difficult for me to keep up with all the concurrent storylines and couples. But after settling into the book, I was able to identify the different aspects of each storyline that make each pairing unique and I got invested.

A totally cute pandemic love story. I adored how all the characters come together without … actually coming together because lockdown. Warm & heartfelt. It made me want to fall in love.

Lockdown on London Lane by Beth Reekles takes place right as one of the first lockdowns due to the current pandemic making its way into building. Tenants find themselves waking up to notes beneath their doors stating that their building is on lockdown for one week with no one in and no one out. This creates unique situations for each flat owner including two individuals who were only supposed to be a one night stand, the couple who has newly started dating and a wedding decorating party to name a few. I knew I was going to enjoy this book when within the first five pages I had laughed out loud! When the book ended, I kept clicking my Kindle turn page button because I wanted to know more about the characters! Lockdown on London Lane releases in February 2022 but is on pre-order now! Thank you Net Galley and Wattpad Books for the ARC of this book!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGally for an E-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This book was so refreshing to read. It’s unlike any other I’ve read. I loved reading the stories of each group. It was soo interesting to myself in those perspectives. We go through the motions of fear, anxiety, and love and it’s a ride. For all this rom-com lovers this book is perfect.

Lockdown on London Lane by Beth Reekles MY RATING: 3.5/5 Stars A story about love and life during a mandatory 'lockdown'. All the residents of London Lane are notified that they are required to undergo a 7-day quarantine. We get to follow along for the wild ride. This book has a little bit of everything - new love, one night stands, breakups, makeups, and friendships tested. Check out Lockdown on London Lane by Beth Reekles wherever you buy books! ✦ Goodreads ➜ https://bit.ly/3mSnXLt ✦ Amazon ➜ https://amzn.to/3BQkZLz ✦ Google ➜ https://bit.ly/3bP4bdy ✦ Kobo ➜ https://bit.ly/3bMMfjw ✦ B&N Nook ➜ https://bit.ly/3CV4uzi TAGS: fiction, romance, contemporary romance, new adult, romantic comedy, rom-com, women's fiction, chick-lit *Thanks to NetGalley, Wattpad Books & Beth Reekles for providing a free eARC in exchange for my honest review #NetGalley @NetGalley #WattpadBooks @wattpadbooks #AuthorBethReekles @authorbethreekles

This book took all the scary parts that I have experienced during Covid as a nurse and turned it into something I can smile about. The book was clever and funny. Unlike any book I had read before. It takes a hard and scary subject matter and made it relatable and fun. I loved the characters and the author writes the several different perspective so well. This is my first book from Beth Reekles but will not be my last!

I adored this book! It was so much fun following all the different couples and their interweaving storylines. My favourite story was Ethan and Charlotte as they were just SO DARN CUTE, but honestly all the stories were great fun - a solid mixture of amusing, heartwarming and occasionally bittersweet.

Thanks @netgalley for the arc! Due to the current situation, building management has decided to impose a seven-day quarantine on all apartment buildings on London Lane. With nowhere else to go… Ethan and Charlotte wonder whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder when they end up on either side of a locked door. A fierce debate over pineapple on pizza ignites a series of revelations about Zach and Serena’s four-year relationship. Liv realizes rolling with the punches is sometimes much harder than it looks after her bridesmaids’ party goes off the rails, leaving the group at each other’s throats. Isla and Danny’s new romance is put to the test as they jump ten steps ahead on the relationship timeline. And Imogen and Nate’s one-night stand is about to get six do-overs they never really asked for—not awkward at all. I really enjoyed this book! I was an enjoyable lockdown read that had some humour while also being serious and realistic including all the fear and anxiety that people felt during lockdown. I liked how every story was different with their own problems and difficulties. I liked seeing the character growth of many of the characters and their new understandings of themselves and each other brought by the lockdown. This book really shined a light on what couples go through on a daily basis: the drama, the arguments, love and the compromises. If there was a sequel to this book, I would totally read it. I enjoyed all the stories and I got really invested in all the characters. All the storylines were also very easy to follow. If you enjoyed the movie Love Actually and want some humour and fun, then you should read Lockdown on London's Lane by Beth Reekles. Releases on February 1st, 2022

This book, which I was lucky enough to get an ARC of from #NetGalley, is absolutely brilliant! Have you ever wished you could be a fly on the wall, to be able to see and hear what happens when you aren't around? This book gives you the chance to be that fly on the wall of five different apartments for an entire week, witnessing the relatable trials and tribulations of the people stuck in their apartment building during a pandemic lockdown. The characters span such a wide range of people, from a girl forced to retrace her steps after her 'walk of shame' gets stopped in its tracks, to an apartment full of members of a bridal party destined to get on each other's nerves, to two different couples at different stages of their relationships, and to a couple that is prevented from reuniting, that there is literally someone in the book that a reader can relate to. All of the characters are real, relatable and sympathetic. The book gives you a wide range of emotions as well, making the book a real page-turner as you can't wait to find out how the characters deal with the problems that arise with being locked together, or alone, for an entire week. Expect some laughter and some tears as you read it! Without giving anything away, I must say that the ending is extremely satisfying and as close to perfect as I've ever seen in a book. The depiction of pandemic lockdown is bang on and sure to hit a chord with readers. The book is well-written, witty, and a great read - even if you aren't locked down.

I loved this book, which follows the lives of several occupants in a London-based building, who unexpectedly have to endure a one-week lockdown in their building at the beginning of the pandemic. They are all in different stages of relationships/friendships, and so being suddenly stuck together for a whole week proves challenging, to say the least. It reminded me of watching a movie with a large cast of characters whose individual stories all develop separately, while somehow intertwining. I will be following Beth Reekles and look forward to see what she writes next ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

The residents of London Lane are surprised on Sunday morning to find notes slipped under their doors that no one can go in or out of the building due to a case of the virus in the building. This is not what anyone wants. Not Ilsa, stuck with her one night stand that's just been extended by 7 nights. Not Ethan, whose girlfriend Charlotte is on her way back from a weekend packing her parents house. Not Serena who is questioning all of Zach's choices after he orders pineapple on pizza. And especially not Liv, who is stuck hosting her best friends bridal party for much more than a weekend. This book is the lockdown romance you didn't know you needed. I picked up this book after needing some variation from my usual genres and had read half the book by the end of the day. The writing is quick and fun, and its easy to get sucked into all of the stories. I really enjoyed the way each of the sets of characters connected to others in the building, but that they were also fully contained stories on their own. I can see some people staying away from this book if its premise hits too close to how they experienced the beginning of the pandemic, but this wasn't something that bothered me. 3.5 stars rounded to 4.

Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for the eARC. I absolutely enjoyed this book. The writing was really good and it got me thinking about all the stories that probably went on in my building while we were on lockdown. This book had me laughing a whole lot. A super feelgood read for any day of the week!

A super relevant book that takes place during a pandemic lockdown. This book follows multiple point of views amongst couples and friends who are interconnected and also locked in their apartment for 7 days. No getting in or out! This story follows romance and friendship and it really hits home on the lockdown feelings. It is a super enjoyable read that leaves you wanting more.

In a new world where Covid is running rampant and lockdowns are becoming common place I was very interested in this novel just from this description. It talks about an apartment building which has to go under a lockdown after someone tests positive. The book talks about multiple people in the apartment building as they all deal with this situation in different ways. I liked this because each person is in the middle of something very different when the lockdown occurs, a one night stand goes longer than expected, a budding romance is catapulted ten steps further than where it should be and more. Each story is very different than the last but something that ever person is able to relate to. The stories are all combined and it was nice to see how each person is dealing with the lockdown and see how differently it effects their lives. I loved the characters in this novel and each one while going through something so different were all dealing with the same underling issues. Very great read this quick romance book is everything I love in this subject, compelling story lines, interesting characters and a writing style that pulls you in and makes you lose track of everything around you. What I found very nice was even though each story line was very different they all connected nicely and I found each one very interesting. I loved each story and I couldn't wait to see how each person was dealing with their lockdown. This was a nice surprise especially since each person's situation was so different than the next. I'm so glad that I was able to read this book and I think that everyone should read this one. Do not pass this book up just because it talks about quarantine because you will regret it. I cannot wait to see what else Beth Reekles writes because her writing style is one that will keep readers with her for life..

I had doubts about reading a story about a lockdown during this very particular time - the mass panic of early 2020 seems like an AU now far away, but at the same time, new variants and intermittent infection rises don't allow for a much more peaceful life in the 2021/2022 winter season. Still, this was a light and even heartwarming read. The plot is focused on the lives of the residents (and guests) of several apartments of one building under lockdown, and the ups and downs of being in the same space as very different people for a week straight. Remember the Zoom calls, the lack of grocery delivery slots, not seeings your friends and family for days and days, and the nerve-racking experience of having to somehow try to organize completely different family routines happening in the same small space? Yeah, this book is about them. Also, a lot of talking and getting to know each other better! At first, the multiple small stories (but all connected, of course) featured in this book felt too vague and too much: even if the chapters aren't too long or complex, it can be hard to care for characters that aren't being constantly exposed, and that we will only see every 30 pages or so. Although I had a hard start, on the second half of the book I was enjoying following the different apartments much more than before, and I'm glad I didn't give up reading. Also, the book is filled with pop culture references - even if I soon started to get tired of them and I would have prefered them to be more rare, I think they're good for a book trying to relate with a younger audience. Without giving away spoilers, I liked how the lockdown week turned out for most of the apartments, and the book has some "feel good" moments near the very end. If you like books that change POV every chapter and find the premise of being locked down with your one night stands or with your bridesmaids interesting, this is a not that harsh, easy read story set during the pandemic.

If Two Night Stand and Love Actually were set in the same apartment complex, this would be it. I’ve attempted to read several other pandemic stories and this is the first one that hasn’t been terrifyingly depressing. Also this is the first romance I’ve ever read that was true to the real world- I’ve never read a book where people met on dating apps. I’ve been waiting for Romance authors to catch up and I’m glad that Beth Reekles has caught on. Glad I recommended this to my book club before I even finished the book (which I read within 12 hours). Big thanks to NetGalley for the ARC!

Such a light, fun read! I was engaged the entire book, and though the ending was predictable, I loved it!

If 2020 lockdown and Love, Actually had a baby, it would be called Lockdown on London Lane. This story flashes between five different apartments in the same building as it is on lockdown for one week due to a positive covid exposure. Through this we get to see the one-night-stand turned seven-night stand, the boyfriend left to his own devices, the unhappy couple with not enough Cheerios, the seemingly happy couple forced to kickstart their short relationship, and a bridal party of best friends, or frenemies, forced to put up with bride-zilla all week. Funny, light hearted, and unexpectedly heart warming, Lockdown on London Lane is the perfect pandemic-fiction for someone looking to escape this own lockdown.

Just finished reading LOCKDOWN ON LONDON LANE by Beth Reekles. Thank you to wattpadbooks for my ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. Official publication date is February 1st, 2022. Imagine being locked down in your apartment/condo/house for 7 days due to a global pandemic. Bahaha okay it's probably happened to 99% of people reading this post. This is a very relevant and relatable read, that I think will appeal to many. For inhabitants of condo complex London Lane, shit just got real and they are on lockdown for SEVEN days 🔐. Even though this one is told from five different characters perspectives, you will end up hooked on all their dramas. From a long term relationship couple, to a Bachelorette girls weekend, to a new couple in the puppy love stage, to a one night stand turned seven day stand, to a couple separated one on the inside one stuck outside, there is something for everyone. Through all the ups and downs of quarantine life these characters will learn what they need most, and truly become themselves. I would definitely read another book to see what happens to the characters from London Lane.

It was cute! not my favorite, but I liked the ingenuity of the story! I think I enjoyed some couples more than others. It really hit home though with lockdown.

This was such a sweet read! I was initially a little put off by the concept of a COVID age romance, having worked for the government on COVID-19 policy... it just seemed a little close to home. The book was very heart warming and funny too! I was fully engrossed in the lives of the characters and appreciated each of their storylines and how they intertwined together. I would highly recommend this as a sweet romcom with an original premise!

short and cute - i first read this book on wattpad during the lockdown and was really happy to see it published! it was a quick read, and filled with so many emotions

Ahh! This is SO good! 4.75 ⭐️ I found myself reading this super slow because I just wanted to stay with these wonderful characters for as long as possible. I could relate to almost every person in some aspect which I love. There were so many laugh out loud moments throughout. Also, I think it is super unfair for people to give this book a low rating because the book is about the pandemic. If that is not what you want to read about, that’s okay! The book is not for you, but it does not make it a bad book. It’s beautifully written and extremely relatable. I’ll be thinking about this one of a while. Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for the ARC of this book!

This was Love Actually but in a book, and during lockdown. 5 apartments go into chaos due to a week’s lockdown. Couples forced to spend every second together, newly dating ones, one night stands prolonged, fighting friends and more. I went through a lot of emotions reading this and while at times I felt confused or even a bit doubtful about how every story would turn out, I’m happy to say the story worked out great. What I liked: - In general, the stages in which all couples/groups are. We see vastly different mishaps, which makes each little plot very unique. - Imogen and Nate: Opposites in every sense. Loved their interactions and their dynamics were so fun. I would’ve read a book solely of them. - Danny and Isla: from dating one month where everything is perfect to having to live together (the fart scene made my day LOL). It was very sweet and realistic too. - Serena and Zach: I’m a sucker for second chance romance. Also loved that she was curvy/plus-size. The angst was great and their resolution felt very mature and real. What could’ve been better: - God. The pandemic. Too soon!!! Ethan’s panic sent ME into a panic about it. Couldn’t it have been a lockdown because of a gas leak?? Help a girl out here. - At the beginning, 5 different storylines was a bit munch. It got confusing at times until I got deeper into each story. Ethan’s was unnecessary until the very end (but his resolution was cute). - The writing felt very American (which is totally ok) but it wasn’t necessary to make it happen in London Lane imo. For fans of Love Actually, New Years Eve, and every other romcom movie with stories where all characters are somehow connected and have internal realizations & growth, this is the perfect book for you.

Lockdown on London Lane is a story about 5 apartments in a building that requires to be under lockdown due to the Corona Virus! The timeline is when the virus is just starting to spread- which reminded me WAY too much of March 2020 and the anxiety and the "what is going to happen" when things started to shut down. I enjoyed this book a lot, it was adorable and fun! The stories and tropes are as follows: Ethan: Has to quarantine on his own, but misses his girlfriend terribly and realizes he wants to take his relationship to the next step. Imogen: Has to quarantine with her one night stand at his apartment (this was my favourite story, it was SO ADORABLE) Isla: Quarantining with her boyfriend of only a month, realizing that they may have to get out of the honeymoon stage earlier than anticpating Serena: Quarantining with her boyfriend of 4 years, realizing that they may not know enough about one another and have never had a chat about the future- relationship in peril (this one broke my heart) Olivia: LGBTQ- was hosting a bridal party for her bridezilla best friend, has to quarantine with the bridal party. This book was an easy read, the ending was PRETTY cheesy... and I'm not one for cheese so that's why its knocked down 1 star from a 5 star. We also dont get a HEA for one of the apartments and that made me sad. But a pretty cute story overall!

URGENT!!! Due to the current situation, building management has decided to impose a seven-day quarantine on all apartment buildings on London Lane. What happens when your one night stand forcedly becomes more than one night? What happens when you are trapped without the ability to get away from the things that cause anxiety? The 5 flats in this story each spin a tale that is what so many people were battling during recent events and I must say it's such a relief to be able to enjoy the story from the outside! The story was told with such flair that I must rec to any and everyone!

This book was sent to me electronically for review by Netgalley. It is innovative in that the author writes from the voices of various characters in lockdown due to a pandemic. We can relate to this story. The characters are realistic and at times, somewhat comical. Sometimes too realistic, but that is the basis for this unusual book. This author has woven an innovative detailed plot for readers who enjoy a quick read...try this one...

This is an all around fun book! Very realistic, but still good. Only downfall is there’s a lot of characters, it’s hard to keep track at times.

***Bookishfirst Giveaway in exchange for an honest review*** I really enjoyed this book. It home in many ways. I like the characters lived and are still living through a whicked crazy pandemic. We have all been forced to shut in with our family. Only getting out for walks and groceries. Some of us ended relationships, while some like me were locked up with kids. We had pandemic anniversaries and birthdays. Missed huge events with family. Life changed. This book followed many characters as they were locked down in their apartments. Some found love. Some found unanswered but needed questions. Some found answers to questions they did not know existed. The characters were all developed to get to know them personally. All with individual quirks and traits. Some adorable and some annoying. Don't forget about bridezilla. This book will make you laugh at times and make you cry at others. I recommend it to anyone who has lived through the pandemic and that is everyone.

Lockdown on London Lane was a fun read. This is the first pandemic rom-com I have read and I was initially a little wary about it, but I absolutely loved it! Following five apartments of residents through a week long building lockdown made for wonderful rom-com stakes, especially for the couple stuck together after a one night stand got extended far longer than they were expecting. The writing is fresh and funny. The scenarios and issues the couples faced were realistic. I found myself laughing out loud multiple times while reading. I was invested in all the couples, but my only wish was that we could have spent a little more time with each of them, so maybe the book could have done with less couples and more in depth storylines for each. The only storyline that felt somewhat out of place was the wedding party because all the other storylines were about couples and that one was about a friendship, which made it seem like a side story rather than a main story. Overall, I would recommend Lockdown on London Lane for all rom-com lovers. It's a delightful adult fiction debut and I'm looking forward to reading more of this author's adult fiction in the future. Thank you to Netgalley and Wattpad Books for providing me with an ARC of Lockdown On London Lane in exchange for an honest review.

To be honest, I debated reading this book because it’s so soon after we were all in lockdown, but I was pleasantly surprised and would read it all over again. When the management places the residents in quarantine for a week, tenants are left to deal with with life as it was when at the exact moment management made the decision. With people being forced to spend a week apart or with a virtual stranger, or even having to spend a full seven days with their partner, the residents of each apartment face their own challenges. What will the end of quarantine bring for them as they go through a week of this? I found this book to be so intriguing and heartfelt that I couldn’t put it down. My initial hesitation almost made me pass on reading this one, but I am SO glad that I did and highly recommend it.

First and foremost, if you are having any pandemic anxiety, this book is not for you. I want to make that clear. I happened to read this one toward the end of November this year (2021) and I found it to be cute and almost like a “throwback” to March 2020. However, fast forward to end of December and things are feeling a bit more restrictive again and to be honest, I doubt I would’ve enjoyed this book as much now. So, I would recommend reading it if and when you feel ready to read a book that is 100% centered around being on lockdown due to the pandemic. I personally found it hard to get into initially. There are so many point of view in the book, but gosh darn, as I kept reading, I wanted to know more. I also know I’m enjoying a book when I can’t help but tell half the plot to my poor unsuspecting friend. But actually, I spent half the ride in the car and most of the time at the coffee shop blabbering on about the different stories and how I could relate to each one just a bit. What I particularly liked was this book made me realize what positives did exist for me during the pandemic and what I learned about myself. There are so many things I didn’t appreciate prior to the pandemic and now I’m grateful every day. The book isn’t particularly deep, but rather the topic is relatable. I couldn’t even begin to tell you who I enjoyed the most, because I really enjoyed them all. We all have our stories from the past two years. This collection of fictional stories is far-fetched at best, but who cares, it’s fiction. Creative license is allowed!

~ Great, easy read! ~ I really enjoyed this book! It was so fun and addicting to read and had me eagerly turning the page to find out what happened next! • It took me a little while to figure out who was who as there is a rather large cast, but once I did, it was easy to follow along with the branching narratives. I do think it was hard at times to be invested in all the stories as I think two stole the spotlight and left me wanting more from the others. (Though I think it’s personal opinion which stories you think are interesting) • Ethan and Charlotte’s narrative definitely had me the most intrigued and I really loved how it played out! The ending moment was really sweet and very rewarding! I also really liked Imogen and Nate’s arc too! Although I was hesitant to like Imogen’s character at first, her emotional journey with Nate was really well done and swayed me over to liking her! • I still really liked the other stories, but they seemed just a little less interesting than the two mentioned above (but again I’ve seen different stories being liked so I think it’s more a personal opinion) • Overall though, this was a fun read as I always enjoy a good contemporary romance and I was left satisfied and happy with all the warm romance feelings! • CWs ~ frequent strong language and some innuendo throughout the story (nothing overly explicit or graphic though) • *** I received a free ebook copy from the published in an exchange for an honest review and all thoughts and opinions are my own *** • • • •

☆ Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review ☆ This book was magnificent! It was funny and romantic and light hearted. I genuinely had no desire to read books about the pandemic. I'm living it, and I read to escape, but I loved this book. It realistically captured the anxiety and uncertainty we are all living with right now while also focusing on the good moments. This book follows several people who are locked in their building for a week due to a COVID exposure. Think Love, Actually style with the intertwining stories. Not all of the groups are couples, there's also a group of four friends. I personally liked all of the stories featured for different reasons. I was SO surprised this book came from the same author as the Kissing Booth, bc tbh that was not good.

I wasn't sure I'd be ready for a Covid book yet, but this one actually surpassed all expectations. In Lockdown on London Lane, we follow a group of tenants who are all locked in their apartment building for a week due to someone in the building testing positive. We see the stories of about five different apartments, who are all tied together in some way but kept fairly separate given the lockdown. We see relationships go in every possible direction, with an unexpected ending that brings the whole building together. It definitely gives very early pandemic vibes, which is why I think I was able to stomach it. I remember the complete uncertainty at the beginning when none of us had any idea what was going on. I feel like we know so much more now that I felt separated from this period of naivety and could focus on the story. Thank you to NetGalley, BookishFirst, and the publisher for an advance copy of this book!

"Lockdown on London Lane" by Sharon Thompson Production is a new author to this reader. As I began to read this novel, I found it hard to get into one of those cozy cup of tea reads that I was hoping this one would be for me. It started out quite drab for me as there are too many points of views in the book but it is about individuals being locked behind closed doors during a pandemic. I had a hard time keeping up with the characters but found some parts of the story witty and some of the characters funny. It is ironic how you can picture yourself in some of the situations/relationships during a pandemic because you experienced it first hand at the beginning. A bit slow for me but overall a genuinely good plot and pretty nice read. Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad for this ARC in exchange for my fair and honest opinion. All opinions are my own.

Thanks to #Netgalley and the publisher for an e-arc of Lockdown on London Lane in exchange for an honest review. I read this over the course of one day, but not in one sitting. At first the setting, an apartment building forced into lockdown after a resident contracts a rapidly spreading virus, made me some what anxious. This was a shock to me. I've read other pandemic setting books with no trouble. Maybe it is because of the timeframe in which I read it...late December 2021, when we're going through another surge. So if you find that pandemic setting stories are anxiety inducing, give this a pass. I, however, continued to read, because I was hooked on the stories of the people living in five different apartments while on lockdown. Their stories grabbed me and from the 50% mark, I could not put it down. The stories include: a couple waking up after a one night stand, a starry eyed couple one month into a new relationship, a couple in a relationship that is four years old and long past the honeymoon phase, a long term relationship in which one partner is locked out of the apartment for the week long lockdown, and lastly, a group of four women who were together for a weekend of wedding planning. Each story was unique and held my interest. I enjoyed the characters and felt that the events and struggles each group went through were realistic given the pressure cooker of emotions of living through a lockdown. It is a fun rom-com read, highly recommended for anyone who enjoys their romance with sweet and cute storylines.

This is one of those books that I could not put down! I was fully invested in each and every character. This is a very realistic book these days, especially in the beginning of COVID. This was such a good, lighthearted romance and comedy all in one. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the book in exchange for my honest review.

This might have been the cutest story I’ve ever read. I loved how real the characters felt. And the writing was so good! I read this in 2 sittings because I couldn’t put it down. Loved it!

This book is exactly what I didn't know I needed. Imagine if you can a one night stand, a crumbling relationship, a wedding planning sleepover from hell and a couple just starting their relationship and another possibly ending theirs. It shocked me in the first first chapters how so many people were connected in one building but it got me so invested in those relationships. In the beginning it was a little. confusing keeping the apartments straight but referencing the first few chapters a couple of times and you have a seamless multi-perspective story. These characters were fun and I'd love to see a sequel, I need to know how the wedding planning goes, if a puppy shows up, if there's a bestman "proposal" and if the Walter White property manager has to impose lockdown 2.0. Overall this was a fun read that is the best rom-com I've read in a very long time.

Book received for free through NetGalley I absolutely loved this book. Perfect read that I wished happened “after” Covid and not during the ups and downs. Love this look at their lives even if It’s just a week.

Thank you to netgalley for my copy of this book! I really enjoyed this book, this was the second book I’ve read about the pandemic and I must say I preferred this one over the other and the other was by my favorite author, Jodi Picoult! It was cute and also so relatable. The reality of it made it enjoyable because I’m sure we all know people who may have been stuck in some way with a person or persons during the pandemic. It’s nice sometimes to read a fiction version or a real Word situation without it being all about the deaths.

The inhabitants of London Lane are stuck inside for the week as someone in the building has tested positive for the virus that put them in a pandemic. From Ethan and Charlotte being stuck on opposite sides of the door to Isla and Danny's new relationship being put to the test and a one night stand being extended for an extra six days, everyone in (and out) the building is being tested as friendships are tested and everyone is pushed to extreme high and lows. The only constant thing about everything in their lives is the fact that life is full of surprises. This is an excellent book that has perfect timing as we seal with out own pandemic. The best part is even though there are a ton of characters going through this, they are not only well rounded, but they also have clear distinct voices that not only make it easy to tell who's speaking but help us to understand the characters even more. As they navigate being quarantined at the beginning of a pandemic, it reminds e of when COVID first shut us down and we all were left wondering what was happening and how long it was going to last. Now looking back as we are hopefully coming closer to the end of the pandemic (Though that may not be for well past a couple months), things are a lot different than any of us expected and it's easy to assume the same thing will happen with these characters as well and I can probably guess how each of them will react as things happen and as new mandates are put out (Or retracted)

I was immediately hooked by the premise of this book - the first I've read that actually takes place in the time of Corona. One might wonder why I'd even <i>want</i> to read about that, but it is our new normal, so.... Anyway, I did have a few reservations about the initial concept (an apartment building has gone into lockdown with nobody allowed in or out for a week) - it didn't seem all that believable to me that residents weren't allowed back home into their apartments. But once I got past that aspect of it, I really enjoyed the book! You follow five different storylines of five different apartments with five very different groups of people, and much like in "Love Actually", while each storyline is unique, they still overlap or interact from time to time. You have Ethan who's stuck alone as his girlfriend was out visiting her parents and weren't allowed to come home; Zach and Serena who start to wonder how much they <i>really</i> know about each other; Olivia who's hosting a wedding planning weekend for 4 friends; Isla and Danny who've only been dating for a month and suddenly have to spend an entire week together; and finally Nate and Imogen who were <i>supposed</i> to be having a one-night stand, until Corona intervened. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite storyline, as they all seemed to ebb and flow as the week went along, and I really appreciated how REAL all the characters were. These were believable conflicts with (mostly) believable outcomes -- good, as well as bad. So one star removed for my initial reservations, but the rest of the book made up for it.

Very good! The first pandemic-related book I’ve ever read, but it worked. The different perspectives were easy to follow. Nate and Ethan are my favorite. But I love that not everyone had a happy go lucky love story - it was real. Now let’s hope that the real world doesn’t enter into another lockdown like this too.

Received this from a giveaway. I hope to get to it soon! Thank you to the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book. From the the preview I got to read, I love it so far. I feel a five star read in my future.

I really enjoyed this sweet story! In the beginning I would say it was difficult to keep up with the multiple storylines. I enjoyed each of their individual stories and would absolutely love a follow up to this. I did not want this story to end! Great heartwarming read!

Loved this. So funny and heartfelt. Only reason why I gave it four stars was the flow was wonky to the point it messed with my reading and there was one story we follow that does not end in a HEA. I think you can intuit that the couple will get there, but I wish that it had been clearly shown/stated before the end of the book. "Lockdown on London Lane" follows several people who are locked up in their building for 7 days after an exposure to COVID-19. The building supervisor refuses to let anyone enter or leave besides food and other deliveries. This leads to several people having an eye-opening experience about what matters to them. We follow Ethan and Charlotte who are happily living together. But Ethan wonders about the future after Charlotte is locked out of their place. Zach and Serena have been together for 4 years, but after Zach orders something that she was not suspecting, Serena wonders where they go from here. Liv agrees to host a little bridal party at her place, and then when everyone is locked into her place, she wonders whether she will be able to survive 7 days with 3 other women living in her space. Isla has been dating Danny for just a month, and she thinks he's the one. Until he ends up being forced to stay with her for 7 days. Imogen has what she thinks is just a one night stand, until she gets told she can't leave the building. Back she goes to the apartment with a man whose name she can't recall (Nate). Favorite couple/persons were honestly Ethan and Liv. Ethan realizing how much he cares/loves Charlotte and misses her was great to read. Liv has my sword, because I would have called my best friend out for being a Bridezilla too. And God help me. I would have lost it with being stuck inside with 3 other people for 7 days. Indifferent feelings towards Zach and Serena. Sorry, her whole thing about Zach was insane. At least the book pivoted to that later on. But I got tired of reading about them. Also going to say Isla and Danny taking off those honeymoon glasses were hilarious. I honestly didn't care for Imogen and Nate too much. She seemed and was still flighty. I don't know. I liked the others storylines much better than this one. The writing was good, but the flow was off here and there. I think juggling this many characters was a bit rough in a few places. But I liked it. I will say though that I thought that quarantine was 10 days? I was surprised at the 7 day thing. I guess that was UK procedures. The setting of the building and other people's individual places was good. The ending for most of these people works out wonderfully.

This was a perfect dose of being funny, heartfelt and entertaining. I know it can be quite difficult for some people to read a book about the pandemic, as we ourselves are amidst of it. But I love how quite close and relatable one could find themselves to the characters and their respective problems.

I received an early copy of this book from netgalley. Doesn't influence my review. I was hooked on this rom-com from the beginning. I have not read anything as current to the times as this. It's about an apartment complex that goes under lockdown during the pandemic. It explores how the quarantining can affect different people and their relationships. The book bounces between several apartments and the drama behind each wall. One was the story of a woman who was trapped with a stanger after a one night stand. Another involved a wedding party crammed into a small apartment with bridezilla. I was surprised how the author incorporated social media and the digital world into her stories. Mentions of tiktok, YouTube, zoom, Uber eats, bumble, Instagram, twitch, and several others. It was addicting would love to see this turned into a movie. It was the first book I've read by Beth Reekles definitely plan on reading more.

Pandemic stories are controversial right now because we are still in the midst. No one wants to read more about what’s going on out there because it’s usually depressing. However, Lockdown in London lane defies that theory. What a fun story told from multiple perspectives in different apartments. One long term couple is separated during lockdown, another is a one-night stand stuck with each other, then you have Danny & Isla who have only been dating a month and another couple who has too much time to question everything about their relationship. But the bachelorette party that lasts a week too long was the funniest. Definitely not your typical COVID story, Lockdown on London Lane could be the new romcom of our time.

So cute!! Loved this book! Rating: 3.5/5 Synopsis: With nowhere else to go . . . Ethan and Charlotte wonder whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder when they end up on either side of a locked door. A fierce debate over pineapple on pizza ignites a series of revelations about Zach and Serena’s four-year relationship. Liv realizes rolling with the punches is sometimes much harder than it looks after her bridesmaids’ party goes off the rails, leaving the group at each other’s throats. Isla and Danny’s new romance is put to the test as they jump ten steps ahead on the relationship timeline. And Imogen and Nate’s one-night stand is about to get six do-overs they never really asked for—not awkward at all. Through make ups, breakups, love-ins, and blowouts, friendships are tested as everyone scrambles to make it through the week unscathed. Amidst all the drama, one thing remains constant: life is full of surprises. Thank you NetGalley for giving me an ARC!!

The last book I read that had the pandemic as the setting was unsettling for this reader, reading it in the middle of this same time in history. This story however, was a refreshing look at what happens to a number of people living or visiting in the same apartment building that is put on lockdown due to someone testing positive for the virus in the building. For 7 days, everyone is sequestered to their apartments, with permission to leave only to collect food deliveries. The characters in this story are likeable and real and the book is an easy and pleasant read despite the backdrop. In the book you will meet Imogen, who is at Nate's apartment for a one night stand, that turns into 7 unexpected nights. You will meet Ethan who lives with Charlotte who is visiting family when the building is locked down and is unable to enter as a result, leaving Ethan alone to consider their relationship. In another apartment you have Danny and Isla, who generally only spend an overnight together or the weekend, and now are thrown together for a much larger period of time that they may not be ready for. Finally there is Liv, who is throwing a bridesmaids party for her best friend Kim - a weekend was going to be a challenge for her but she was willing to do it for her friend but a whole week turns into an affair she would have liked to avoid. Chapter by chapter the reader sees what is happening behind closed doors and you have to keep reading to discover how things unfold and some of the ways that stories intersect, as well. This is a light, fun read, that I would definitely recommend if you need a break from your own pandemic reality. Thank you to Netgalley and Wattpad books for the ARC for this book in exchange for my honest review. So glad I got a chance to enjoy this book!

You never know what life is going to throw at you, and in Lockdown on London Lane, Reekles shows you how the residents of 5 different flats survive the 7 day quarantine. Full of witty humor, strikingly familiar COVID-19 circumstances, and all the feels, it's truly a must-read for 2022. I was truly invested in each person and their specific circumstance and even though I was hesitant at first to read a book about the pandemic while we're still IN it, I am so thankful I did! I will absolutely be reading more of Beth Reekles adult novels.

A quirky, rom-com\quarantine story. A quick read and cute storyline. I really enjoyed the set up and how the chapters are the apartment residents. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC. Jan 25, 2022 is the pub date.

When I saw the description of this novel, I knew I would want to read it. I have not been interested in pandemic books so close to actually still living in one, but what drew me in was the lightheartedness of the plot. I know how I felt when we shut down and I liked the idea of following the residents of an apartment building, in all different situations, dealing with a 2 week shut down. There are a lot of characters and it does take a couple of chapters of each story to get them all situated but once I was familiar with the characters, it was a lighthearted, fun read that was still serious. There were a couple of couples I was way more interested in than others (Serena and Zach, Ethan and Charlotte, and Imogen and Nate) but the others' stories were entertaining as well. As the story progressed it got better and better and I was very pleased with the ending. I am so happy to have been given an opportunity to read this one.

It’s the beginning of the pandemic, before everything has really hit the fan and anyone understands it. An apartment building is suddenly placed on lockdown when a resident tests positive. This throw a wrench into the lives of the residents of London Lane. First, Imogen had planned for a one night stand with Nate (whose name she didn’t even remember) and now finds herself facing a full week with a man she barely knows but seems to be her total opposite. Ethan is deeply missing his girlfriend Charlotte who was away visiting family and isn’t allowed back in. Isla is scared to have a weekend visit with her new boyfriend Danny turn into a full week of together. How can she maintain her facade of perfection? Serena and Zach have been constantly snapping at each other and the forced togetherness does NOT help. Olivia was relieved to arrive at the end of a wedding prep weekend for her bff’s wedding with the other two bridesmaids. Which, of course, now has been extended. Truths are revealed, big decisions are made and lives intertwine. Not everyone can end up with a happy ending.

This is a delightful and funny book about residents of an apartment complex in lockdown. Each flat’s residents weather the one week quarantine in different ways. Learning about themselves and those they spend quarantine with. From a one night stand, a bridesmaids party, a newly dating couple and someone spending it away from their partner. Lockdown in London Lane will have you giggling and commiserating with interesting characters that are regular people.

I enjoyed reading this. I still can't believe that I wanted to read a book about lockdown during this pandemic even though we are still in the pandemic. It was an interesting read. I loved that there was such a wide cast of characters and that we got to see how each one of them handled lockdown. I also really liked seeing how it affected them. This book was about the dynamic between characters stuck in apartments together. They had so much to work through and some gained meaningful relationships while others had to question their relationships. The relationship aspect of it felt extremely realistic. It was a bit slow moving at the start for me, but towards the middle it really picked up. I give this book 3.75 out of 5 stars.

A cute read that follows the lives of different apartments coping with the changes brought by the pandemic. Definitely brought back some memories of when it all started and how we all felt pretty unsure of how things were going to play out. Each apartment had it’s own storyline and it was nice to see how they all somewhat connected with each other. It had its cute tender moments as well as a bit of tension but seeing how they worked through the problems and how they came out on the other side was cute. The ending for each person was cute, some I expected and others not so much, but it was a cute read overall.

I absolutely adored this one!! it was witty, quick, and had the air of a traditional detective whodunnit story. plus having the background of the pandemic was an alarming, yet familiar twist that I wasn’t unhappy to see. my only other pandemic novel so far has been jodi picoult’s, and that was heavy af so I’m so happy that I was introduced to a lighter one :’) I thought it was so so creative how each of the residents were split up into their own stories about their past, present and future and how the lockdown shaped their existence. I loved learning about the characters in an easy way, and it was refreshing to feel the story unfold methodically, even if untraditional at times. thank you to netgalley and watt pad books for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. definitely get your copy!! rating: 4 stars wine pairing: english sparkling wine

So cute!! I love how we followed a diverse cast of characters with different storylines and got to see small moments where they all overlap. I really enjoyed how each of the conflicts were navigated and resolved, and most importantly, how they showed us how to stay optimistic and treasure the time we have with the people around us.

This book has some hilarious laugh out loud moments! The premise is definitely not one I have read before, but it worked so well. I applaud Beth Reekles for bringIng some sunshine into the world when we need it the most. This book is so good I stayed up all night reading it. I could not put it down till the last page. That's when you know it's a keeper! Basically we have five apartments/flats in a building during the pandemic. One of the tenants test positive for the virus and the whole building is put on strict lockdown for a week. No one is allowed in or out of the building. While this may not sound funny, the chapters switch in-between scenes going on in each apartment between the quarantined people. The author writes some of the most hysterical situations I have read in a long time. Even the manager of the building had me rolling with laughter. This would make a great movie! The only thing a little confusing at first is the number of characters, but you are quickly able to figure them all out It will be published on February 1, 2022. Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad Books for allowing me to review this e-book.

Thank you to Netgalley, Wattpad books, author Beth Reekles for an advanced copy of this e-book. My review contains my own thoughts and opinions and is being left voluntarily. Is it weird to call a romance set during a pandemic lockdown kind of light and fun? Lockdown on London Lane is set in the early days of the pandemic (which it doesn’t mention by name, but we know what it is) and the entire apartment building is shut down for a week - no one can leave or come in - after someone in the building tests positive. It follows the stories of the residents of five apartments and what that week does to their lives and relationships. There’s the longtime couple (Serena and Zach) who’s been fighting more; Ethan, who’s live-in girlfriend can’t come back since she was visiting her family; Nate, who had a one-night stand (Imogen-you also get her POV) who will now be there all week; a newer couple (Isla and Danny); and Olivia, who is now hosting a weeklong wedding planning weekend for her best friend and two other bridesmaids. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a multi-POV romance and won’t be put off by the pandemic stuff. I had to laugh a little at some of the things I remembered doing in early 2020 (who didn’t make banana bread?!) I did have some trouble at times keeping the different couples straight but it got easier as the book moved on. I think this would make a fun television series! My favorites were Imogen and Nate, and Ethan. I can’t say why without spoiling the book, though! I will say their stories made me smile the most and touched my heart. 3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

Lockdown on London Lane is one I think we can all relate to in a way! This story follows the lives of 5 different apartments as they try to “survive” a week long lockdown! Each story has its own issue to resolve that tests friendships, love and well personal growth! I feel like each apartment found some sort of growth and understanding! My favorite couple was Danny and Ilsa! They really learned a lot about themselves and each other! I also loved Imogen! She was a mess of a woman but I think she learned a lot about herself I just would’ve loved to see more about her and Nate! This story was such an enjoyable read and definitely held my attention! I read it in one setting!

Lockdown on London Lane follows 5 apartments that have been unexpectedly put on emergency quarantine at the beginning of the pandemic. The various occupants are a struggling couple, a new couple, a one night stand, a lonely man missing his girlfriend, and a hilarious group of young women prepping for a wedding. None of them can leave the building, let alone the apartments for a solid week and the inhabitants grapple with the impending pandemic and what life is like in lockdown - something that unites most of the world. I really enjoyed this book and at times felt like I was reliving parts of my own lockdown experience (Tiger King, zoom meetings, and too much prosecco), but with rose-coloured glasses. I would recommend this book to any fans of romantic comedies and anyone looking for an enjoyable, funny read.

This book takes place at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, following five parallel narratives all taking place in the same apartment building that has been locked down for 7 days after someone living there tested positive. One storyline follows Ethan, a YouTuber and Twitch streamer whose girlfriend was visiting her parents when the building went into lockdown, meaning that he was trapped in the building and she outside the building for the duration of the quarantine. It's primarily dealing with him missing her and realizing how much he values her presence in his life. Their storyline is absolutely adorable, though not much happens in it until about halfway through the book. I started out not really caring, but, by the end, it was far and away one of my favorite of the book's subplots. Another follows Imogen and Nate, who had had a one-night stand and are then trapped together after knowing basically nothing about each other. Imogen has always been very chaotic and free-spirited, and definitely isn't looking for any sort of relationship, while Nate had never done anything like a one-night stand before. Their conflicting personalities are definitely really fun to read about, and I absolutely adore this opposites-attract romance. A third plot-line follows Isla and Danny, who've been dating for a month. While it's going well and they both feel serious about the relationship, they definitely aren't prepared for being thrown together for a week. The main focus of this storyline is Isla's struggle with still feeling as if she has to maintain a facade of perfection for Danny, that they aren't far enough into their relationship yet for her to show him anything but the most polished version of herself. Their struggling to work around each other and eventual growth to working with each other was really well-developed and enjoyable to read. An additional storyline follows Liv, who held a wedding preparation party for her best friend, Kim, for whom she's the maid of honor, which results in her getting trapped with Kim, who is a huge Bridezilla, and the two other bridesmaids in her one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the quarantine. The main focus of this storyline is on her friendship with Kim and the strain that the wedding is putting on both of them, but her romance with one of the other bridesmaids is also a key part. I really wanted to love this storyline, but I just didn't think that the romance aspect was developed well; I'm usually willing to make all sorts of excuses for wlw romances because I'll take whatever representation I can get, but it really should have been fleshed out a bit more. I did enjoy the friendship aspect of this though. Regardless, this was probably my least favorite of the storylines; it was still good, just not as good as the others were. The fifth storyline follows Zach and Serena, who have been dating for four years and had already been living together for a while at the start of the lockdown. Their relationship is already a bit strained at the beginning of the book, but constantly being around each other only emphasizes this and makes Serena start to have doubts about how well they really know each other, and whether they're actually feasible as a long-term couple. This story is definitely the most emotional and realistic of the subplots in the book, taking a strikingly different tone from the rest of them. However, I still believe that it's a vital part of the story; the book at its core is exploring the effects that that isolation can have on people at different stages in their lives and relationships, and it can't effectively do that if it acts entirely positive all of the time. The way in which this book explores couples at five different stages of their relationship is really interesting and well done'; every couple's dynamic is unique and flawed and well-developed, never feeling contrived or unrealistic. Reekles' exploration of the ways in which the lockdown (and resulting extended time in close proximity) played out in a different way for each pair is definitely the most interesting aspect of the book. and makes the story greater than any of its individual parts. The only criticism I have is that the pacing feels a little off sometimes; each storyline has its individual rises and falls, so there will inevitably be times where one character's POV will be really slow, which is usually balanced by an eventful chapter for another character immediately after. However, there were definitely a few parts of the book that felt like a definite lull, which I think could have been an easy fix with some light reshuffling. However, those few moments definitely weren't too noticeable, and, while the book is definitely character-driven, it isn't slow overall in any respect. It really did feel a bit like being transported back to the start of the pandemic. Kim's wedding worries, references to Animal Crossing and stores running out of toilet paper, and the overall atmosphere of being unsure how life would play out even from one week to another are all well-represented. I particularly appreciated the care that Reekles took to capture the elevating state of worry about the pandemic over the course of the week as situations developed rapidly. It's really well handled, and used as much more than simply a plot device for forcing the couples into extended proximity, though the various relationship dynamics are still very much at the heart of the book. Regardless, if it still feels too soon for you to read anything pandemic-themed, this is probably not the book for you at this moment. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Each of the storylines felt balanced, realistic, unique, and well-developed, and I was really attached to almost all of the characters and situations. Reekles handles each couple's dynamics and issues really skillfully; everybody feels human and three-dimensional, which is something that takes a lot of skill. It's a book about humanity, and love across a variety of stages. My only qualm in recommending it would be if somebody is completely uninterested in reading anything dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic because it feels too real. because it is definitely a presence and important backdrop for the characters' development in the novel. Otherwise, I would enthusiastically recommend it to anybody who loves contemporary romances, or who is looking to see romances depicted in a realistic way.

I thought this book was a nice, light, and fun read about an apartment complex that goes on lockdown during the beginning of the pandemic. I enjoyed how it jumped back and forth to the different characters and showed various stages of relationships surviving through one week of lockdown. I definitely saw my relationship in some of the scenarios and found it fun to relate to the characters.