Doodle Days

Over 100 Creative Ideas for Doodling, Drawing, and Journaling

Pub Date 06 Jul 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Penguin Random House, North Light Books

Talking about this book? Use #DoodleDays #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large file size of this PDF, only part of the book is available on Netgalley. Please reach out to Andrea Cordova at PRH (acordova@prh.com) to receive a full file of DOODLE DAYS.

Simple and fun doodle ideas and inspiration for anyone who loves to draw, sketch, or journal

Whether you're into journaling, drawing, or both, this delightful guide will provide creative ideas and simple instruction for doodling to your heart's content. Artist and author Jane Maday presents basic techniques, step-by-step instructions, and a world of ideas for drawing animals, flora and fauna, seashells, shapes, and more. The perfect way to add whimsy and fun to any sketchbook, journal, or bujo page, these doodles will make you smile and help you express your creativity, one adorable little doodle at a time.

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This is fun, cute and really allows anyone to explore their creativity. The illustrations are fairly easy to follow, plus I imagine it'd be so cool to color all of the drawings afterwards. This would make a great gift for kids and adults alike, Highly recommend!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an electronic sample to read and review. This is a sample of the book; not the complete book due to file size. I loved it. The drawings are super cute! They include simple illustrated instructions using basic shapes that make it easy to follow. There are designs for the whole year as well. I have already pre-ordered my physical copy!

What an awesome book for both kids and adults! The layout is clean and easy to follow. The drawings range from super easy to master to much harder and all are fun for any art ability level. Perfect to practice drawing and motor skills with younger kids. If you are learning to sketch and want to really hone your skills or just want to know how to create a few doodles for your journal, this book is for you!

What a truly fantastic book, I will definitely be purchasing the paper copy. I always struggled with drawing and I find this a good way to relax and unwind especially at the moment

Get the paper copy, I absolutely loved this book but the ebook is weird to work with when drawing on paper. A great source for a beginner like me, I'm a fan of the "library" of starter ideas.

Doodle Days is a fun and engaging tutorial guide for doodles and how-to tips by Jane Maday. Due out 23rd June from Penguin Random House on their North Light Books imprint, it's 128 pages and will be available in paperback and ebook formats. This is a beginner accessible, cute, and useful guide to doodling and page set-ups for journaling with tons of step by step line drawn tutorials which are easy to follow. The eARC provided for review contained a preview of approximately 40% of the finished release material, but the quality was very good throughout. The doodles cover a large number of subjects from florals to animals, foods, seasonal items and objects. In addition, the author has added chapters on journal page setups, adding text to drawings, and other how-to tutorials. Very informal and cute doodles will appeal to a wide audience and many of them would be welcome in drawing sessions with small humans; thus will find use for child minders, parents, educators, and others who spend time with kids. Five stars (assuming that the overall quality holds true to the same given in the review copy provided). Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher for review purposes.

I just got back into journaling and this is such a cute and useful doodling guide. I’m far from artistic, but the easy illustrations definitely help add a little something extra to your journal. I used to draw a lot in the past, and this doodle guide has reminded me why I loved drawing cute little images in the first place. Such a great way to express yourself and to just relax and unwind. Thanks to Netgalley and penguin random house for a review copy in exchange for a fair review.

Normally my doodles include hearts, flowers and my name in cursive since I can't really draw unless I'm tracing. In this book there are very simple and useful steps from items like patries, witch cauldrons, animals and festive doodles. At the beginning of the book, different tools are explained and also how to get started. I enjoyed this a lot!

Often when I am in a class or talking on the phone I find myself doodling. Forever, it seems I have drawn faces, coffee cups and flowers. I am getting bored with these so was very excited to see this book. It is full of ideas about making those fun little pictures. Short sections include everything from how to use the book to tools and materials, and lines and shapes. By the end of this sample, I wanted the full book and was full of ideas. I am very eager to get started. Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this adorable book. All opinions are my own.