Not the Witch You Wed

Pub Date 08 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 22 Feb 2022
St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin

A fake relationship between a magic-less witch and a wolf shifter turns to more in the start of a bewitching new paranormal rom-com series.

Magic-less witch Violet Maxwell wants nothing to do with alpha wolf shifter Lincoln Thorne—the man who broke her fragile, teenage heart. But when the two of them are forced by arcane Supernatural Laws to find mates, Violet and Lincoln agree to fake-date their way to a fake-mating in order to conjure themselves some time.

The joke’s on them. When old feelings make a reappearance—along with Violet’s magic—they both realize there’s nothing fake about their feelings. But there are old secrets and looming threats that could snatch away their happily ever after, again. One thing’s for sure: magic doesn’t make dating and love any easier.

In Not the Witch You Wed, April Asher brings all the hilarity and sweet, sexy moments you love in a romantic-comedy—plus a fun dose of magic—to this spell-binding new series about being sexy, single, and supernatural in New York City.

Magic-less witch Violet Maxwell wants nothing to do with...

PRICE CA$22.99 (CAD)

I got this book from NetGalley and loved it. Violet is the oldest one in a powerful family of triplet witches. Her grandmother is the prima for the supernatural council. She too is part of a powerful trio of witch sisters. Being the oldest, she is expected to become the next prima….except that she wasn’t born with magic! This is fine with her because her second sister is ready to pick up the gauntlet. Not only will Rose become Prima, she will also be forced to wed an alpha shifter to help anchor her magic. Lincoln and Violet have a bit of a tumultuous past. He is currently the alpha of the north American shifter pack. He has a lot of folk opposing his position, and they are pushing for him to be mated by his fast approaching 33rd birthday. But he only wants his true mate. He is convinced he hasn’t found her yet….as we know, the past always comes back to haunt us. This is a cute romance swirled with destiny and magic!

Bring on the supernatural romances for the spooky season! Love second chance romance mixed with an enemies to lovers storyline. Not the Witch You Wed is a fun, quick read about two people destined to be together, but they just cannot quite make it work until a little bit of magic enters the picture. It is a cute story that will leave you pining for the next book in the series. Fingers crossed April Asher will continue on with the romances of different characters because I'm in desperate need to find out what happens next.

Hilarious second chance romance? Yes please. Witches and wolves? Uh, duh. This book was adorable and some parts had me rolling! I would definitely recommend to a friend. 4⭐

Not the Witch You Wed is a second chance romance that features Violet a witch with no powers and Lincoln a wolf shifter. Violet and Lincoln became involved with each in high school and now Violet holds a grudge against Lincoln for how things ended when they were younger. Lincoln sees an opportunity to get close to Violet again years later and takes his chance, he feels she is the one who got away. This book contains a lot of humorous scenes that had me laughing out loud. It's the first book that I've read by April Asher and I'll definitely be looking for more books of hers in the future. I really enjoyed the main characters sarcastic bantering and I loved a lot of the secondary characters as well. I'm hoping we'll see more of them in their own books in the future.

I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley Awwww. Such an awesome read. I need more books by this author.

I cant believe I have to wait 4 months to get my hands on a physical copy of this book. And oh please to the Goddess above, make this a series. Right away. I knew this book had me hooked. Violet sparkly additude had me all in.l from the get go. This second-chance with a side of enemies-to lovers and then throw in some sexy paranormal aspects. It was serious 🔥🔥🔥 I loved every minute of it.

4.5 A powerless witch, a progressive alpha, and some meddling besties bring readers a hilarious paranormal rom-com that features a second chance/enemies-to-lovers romance. Centering around a set of triplets, the first in this series focuses around Violet Maxwell. Violet is known as the Maxwell dud, a powerless witch who has spent her life avoiding the supernatural world. When she runs into the man who broke her teenage heart, Lincoln Thrope, her powers manifest and suddenly she finds herself in a fake relationship to avoid being railroaded into marriage. Deliciously witty and charming with a sexy steamy romance, I look forward to Rose and Olive's stories

Overall, I really loved this book. The relationship between Lincoln and Viv was so interesting to read because of their history together and just seeing how they had to develop a relationship and try to get past those pasts was so heartwarming. I cannot wait for this book to be published so that I can buy the physical copy too! Overall it was such a great book to read for fall and spooky season and I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys a good witch-y read full of lighthearted romance and thrills.

Not the Witch You Wed is a cute paranormal rom-com. It's a fake-dating second-chance romance with a hint of enemies-to-lovers story. Violet, a sassy witch "dud," and Lincoln, an Alpha wolf shifter, both need to find a mate in order to escape what would basically be an arranged marriage. They somewhat reluctantly agree to date to get everyone off their backs, and of course nothing goes as planned. I really enjoyed the story, and loved the humor and the sass. The way their relationship evolves and progresses was pretty well done. The main characters were easy to like and root for (maybe not Lincoln at first), and I loved all of the secondary characters. I would love them all to have stories of their own! I would highly recommend this book for anyone who loves romantic comedies and/or paranormal romance, for any time of the year. Comes out February 8th, 2022. Thank you to NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and are given freely.

This was an adorable romance with witchy characters and some other fun paranormal aspects! I loved that the main character doesn't have her powers. She's so loveable, I felt like I immediately connected with her! Her sisters are pretty awesome in their own ways too. I think the characters were pretty stand-out in this one! The romance was good. I am not a huge fan of second-chance romance, but this had a good enemies to lovers theme as well that really worked for me!

Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher is the perfect supernatural romance to kick off 2022. After a run in with the werewolf who broke her heart, witch Violet must make a difficult choice. Forced to find a mate, she reluctantly agrees to fake mate with Lincoln. Naturally, chaos ensues, with her magic reappearing along with something else- feelings. Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher was a funny, magical, and swoon worthy romance reminiscent of Wizards of Waverley Place and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

The thing that called my name the most on this book is was premise that a witch was a Dud. A witch with no powers! I knew we were in for some fun times and I was not wrong. This book is a second chance romance with a bit of enemies to lovers trope thrown in as well. The thing is I loved Linc! The flame never stopped burning for him and when he found a way to step up to help Violet, he was all over it. The author created so many fabulous characters. I enjoyed them all. The sisters – a Triple threat. Linc and his best buddy were awesome as well. Plus, the rest of the characters added up to a beautiful blending of personalities and made for a fun, wacky story. For me, I just loved when the Dud started showing her true colors and the sparks would literally fly. Archer nailed it with a wild and witty romance that heated up the pages as well as the alpha in the house. Grrrr! Playful and a true delight to read. I could not put it down!!!!! I need more from April Archer and this series!

This romcom is the perfect recipe combining a triad of sisters (I’m talking charmed vibes), fake romance, and fun banter. The story focuses on the firstborn triplet who is Magicless, and always felt something was missing; she embarks on a journey of self discovery as well as steamy romance when she enters a fake romance agreement with a charming and handsome alpha wolf, benefiting both in more ways than they can expect. Overall this romcom pleasantly delighted and had me giggling, as well as making me blush more than a couple times. The paranormal element added something different, while still making it relatable to anyone who’s had difficulty finding love or them selves and letting it all bloom to its full potential.

This had better be turning into a book series! What a wonderful five star all the way read. I couldn't put this book down, and fell in love with Violet and Linc's story. I am not a fan of second chance romance, and normally won't even pick up a book with it but this one it wasn't shoved in your face. I enjoyed how strong both main characters were in the story and what a cinnamon roll Linc is when it comes to Violet. I need for this series to continue, I would love to see stories for Rose, Olive, Bax, Harper, and even Gage. The whole family was fun to fall in love with, and the side characters worked to bring this world to life even more. A wonderful read and a hopeful start of a series.

Not the Witch You Wed I started Not the Witch You Wed while Facebook was down on October 4th. The book centers around Violet and her triplet sisters as the Triad, which are rare witches. The author does a really great job introducing the characters and I was enthralled from the beginning. This gave me “Not the Girl You Marry” vibes but with a Supernatural element. . . . . . I loved Lincoln, a true playboy philanthropist in book form. He made me swoon on more than one occasion. He was loyal to the people and community around him. . . . . Violet and her sisters gave me serious “Charmed” vibes and made me miss the Halliwell sisters. I don’t think that was the authors intention, but definitely where my head was headed. . . . Overall, this was a great book to start October for spooky season. Four star read. Thank you to @Netgalley for an advanced copy in exchange for my honest opinion. Instagram.com/bowsand_books

This was the sort of easy reading I needed lately. I know of several patrons who will really enjoy this one, so I've already preordered it for the collection. Thank you!

First off, thank you for letting me review this book! I really enjoyed the story and the characters of this book! The storyline kept me reading until I finished! I loved the characters and how well everyone connected

This was such a fun read, it satisfied my paranormal romance loving heart featuring a down to earth werewolf alpha and a spunky, tell it like it is witch. It also happened to have two romance tropes that I particularly enjoy; fake dating and past lovers reunited. Lincoln and Vi were two engaging characters and I loved the banter that was a part of every interaction that happened when they were on the page together. The plot moved quickly and didn't lag at all and the characters were all great, especially the supporting cast of friends and family on Vi's side, her grandmother and her sister Olive were my favorites. A really cute read that I flew through really quickly because I could not put it down.

NOT THE WITCH YOU WED is the first book in the Supernatural Singles World. I believe the stories will need to be read in the order of release. In the beginning it felt like there should have been a previous book about her sister Rose’s relationship with the European Alpha. By the end, I wanted more books for Rose and Olive, Violet’s sisters. OOOH can I have books with Bax and Harper, too? Those are her best friends and just as important to the story as the Maxwell triplets and the other witches. Now about that story. It is richly detailed, sweet, lightly suspenseful, and an absolute delight to read. I have fallen in love with these characters and as I’ve already said, I want to read more of this world. Note: While I received this book as a gifted ARC via NetGalley, my opinions are my own and are given freely. Title: NOT THE WITCH YOU WED Series: Supernatural Singles #1 Category /Genre: Paranormal Romance Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content Grammar/editing: received as an unedited ARC / errors excused Received from: St. Martin’s Griffin

Every now and then you need a good paranormal romance to mix things up a bit and this romance did just that! Magic Less Violet has always kind of been known as the dud of her family, she didn't have magic and things between her and the Alpha Lincoln did not go as planned when she was younger. Well Now in politics both Violet and Lincoln are put into a position where they are being forced to date or force to basically find their mate. Well with the help of some of Violet's family members Violet and Lincoln are trying to give themselves some breathing room so they agree to fake a date. Things start out a bit bumpy when the paparazzi get a hold of the new dating couple, and Violet ends up in the emergency room because someone trying to take pictures and driving do not always end well. The thing is Violet is starting to get her powers and her and Lincoln are starting to realize that their feelings towards one another are not just make-believe! Now if you are looking for a fun, sexy, and quick paranormal romance then look no further this will have you cackling and giggling with all the blushing! I definitely recommend it and it definitely has the potential to become a series!

what a cute romance book with a wolf and witch. I loved the sisters rose and olive. I can't wait to read their stories. I loved the gran and how they came together. I loved her friends. Overall I loved this book.

oh my goodness, this is such a sweet book! i really really enjoyed this one! it is such a sweet and heartwarming book. please pick it up as soon as you can! thank you so much, net galley!!

SO. CUTE. I wish I would have had this during my post-twilight teenage years. Fake dating? Check. Supernatural? Check check. This is the book I didn’t know I needed to read!

Violet is a small woman with a big personality. Born into a well-known witch family, Violet is the eldest of her triplet sisters which means she should be the next Prima. However, being magicless the title was passed to her middle triplet, Rose. Suddenly, her magic awakens which may or may not have to do with a run-in with her super hot ex-boyfriend. Lincoln is tall and handsome; exactly what one would expect of a wolfman shifter! What begins as a charade between Violet and Lincoln to pull the wool over everyone's eyes to buy them time to figure their way out of ritual marriages, turns into a steamy and complicated magical love plot. Violet's succubus and angel best friends along with her triplet sisters are along for the ride. This book has all the good witchy rom-com vibes!