Illustrated Step-by-Step Baking Cookbook for Kids and Teens

Pub Date 25 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 15 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #IllustratedStepbyStepBakingCookbookforKidsandTeens #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Advance Praise

"Easy to make. Recipes are broken down into 3 categories of difficulty, but even the most difficult ones are manageable for a child. Most recipes require 3 to 10 ingredients.

Don't require gourmet ingredients. Chances are you already have everything you need, or you can find it at the nearest supermarket, regardless of the country you live in. In addition, there are substitution options for many of the ingredients.

Don't require gourmet...

ISBN 9798519099349

I wasn't a fan of the cover of this book but as a big fan of cook books, especially ones for children I was intrigued to give it a go. Upon opening a handful of pages, I wasn't disappointed. The contents page and colourful pages drew me in. I found the safety tips were brilliant. As well as the baking language quide handy, especially for children or adults who haven't baked before. I loved how easy to follow the recipes were, the step by steps, the notes at the end of the recipes as well as the amazing real photos! With lots of different recipes to choose from, I was impressed with this book. I also found that the last few pages were really well thoughtout with all the recipes listed and how long they would take to make - this is fab! Also a table which shows which recipes were for which meal / event! I can't wait to show this book to my 12year old who loves to bake!! Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this great book.

My kids loved this book. The easy instructions and the notes afterward were highlighted often. They made many of the recipes with just my supervision and they had a great time doing it. They want more cookbooks like this one

There was something wrong with the download, I tried it in Kindle and on the NetGalley Shelf app and it doesn’t work on either.

Such a cute cookbook with gorgeous illustrations throughout. Very easy for kids to follow with basic tips. The flourless chocolate cake was a hit with everyone and we have picked out a few more recipes to make in the future. The simplicity of the recipe and instructions means that my son can get involved and feel like he’s in charge. We can’t wait to try out the recipes for Fudge brownies with pecans and chocolate crinkle cookies

A wonderful illustrated guide for children, teens, and adults alike interested in baking at large. It is structured into three main parts: safety, recipes, and index. Geared towards the younger side of the age spectrum, it ensures that children understand that they should have an adult with them when using a stove, sharp utensils, and so forth. It also includes culinary terminology like "knead" and "sift" with icons for what each action entails. Although I have not baked any of the items myself, I found the instructions clear, aesthetically pleasing, and easy for anyone of any age to follow. After each recipe, there is a page where the reader can rate the recipe, how they would alter it for next time, and room for experimentation. Finally, the index includes conversion factors, recipes divided by hours to complete, and a final coloring page.

Absolutely adorable book! Only problem is the format does not work well with kindle, and images a bit blurry in Apple Books, there are also missing pages/recipes. Super simple recipes with cute illustrations. I have tried some of the cookie recipes and super delicious, kids love it. New favourite cookbook! :)

This was a very visual and easy book to go through. It’s an amazing and very helpful book. The book starting off with safety rules is very important and the way it’s structured with images will help children see and understand things a bit better. This teaches them things that will help keep them safe in the kitchen while having fun. From beginning to end I really did like this book. The ingredients and equipment’s little images are helpful because it will point things out to children and help them find the things they need very quickly and easily. The recipes are very easy to follow with pictures and the little captions. It’s a very engaging book. I love how there’s little facts. At the end of every recipe you have a notes sections that you can talk about how the recipe went. Overall, this book was incredible and something I would definitely gift to someone because of how it’s set up.

Adorable cookbook for kids and teenagers wanting to learn how to bake! It includes a variety of mouthwatering, aesthetically-appealing recipes with extra pages for notes. The illustrations are adorable and I loved the photographs. Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC.

This is a very nice book which will help adults and kids together to explore the world of baking. The book is appealing for children with its simple, colourful and friendly presentation. The recipes are clearly marked with the degree of difficulty and a clear indication of the preparation time. A handy overview at the end of the book organises the recipe per preparation time so it is possible to decide what to bake depending on how much time is available. The ingredients are always simple and easy to find in regular shops. I really liked the illustrations and the good step by step instructions. A little kitten helps out here and there and shows the child what to do. He is very cute. I really liked the fact that the book also introduces useful baking knowledge to our little bakers: they learn the baking language, how to measure the ingredients, quite a number of good safety advice, and a really nice set of steps to follow when baking from washing their hands to putting everything back in its place, cleaning the kitchen and, of course, enjoying their food. The book has space for kids and parents to make notes under each recipe if there is something they need to keep in mind for next time. A very nice little book to initiate kids to the pleasure of home baking.

I absolutely adored this book! First of all, the format is quite different from what I’ve seen, since it mainly uses illustrations to show what you are supposed to do, instead of a large paragraph with instructions. I think that was a very nice touch. I also liked how it included safety measures that were very clear at the beginning. Regarding the recipes, i think they look absolutely delicious and are easy to make. I will sure be trying them whenever i babysit my nieces. Another thing that i liked, was how at the end there was an space to give your opinion about that dish, and ideas you might have to improve it next time. Overall, I think this book is great and I absolutely recommend it.

This book is a good baking book for children. I really liked the pictures, instructions and the recipes. It is the perfect gift for a child, teen as an introduction to baking!

This is a seriously cute cookbook! The recipes look absolutely delicious and I can't wait to try some of them. The way everything is laid out is super simple and I love the illustrations. Those little cats chopping and cooking are so adorable! The pictures of the finished recipes look so scrumptious they had my mouth watering! I think this would be an amazing book to gift someone of any age who likes to bake. Such a fun layout!

I actually think this recipe book is fab and is something that I would happily use with my daughter time and time again. At the beginning it teaches you about all the dangers in the kitchen, and what you use to measure certain ingredients along with what certain words mean e.g to knead, to glaze etc. The actual recipe itself is very easy to understand with step by step instructions, along with a bit afterwards where you can write notes and review on the recipe you have just done. Great book.

This cookbook is one of the most adorable and easy to read things I've seen in a LONG time. The illustrations are beautifully done, the difficulties help you to decide whether or not your child is ready for that yet, and the recipes are delicious. I'll be trying quite a few of them with my nephews. Definitely earns it 5 stars! Rare that I come out of my romance binge to read anything else but I'm glad I did with this one.

Ok, I wasn’t sure about the cover but grabbed it read anyways because I think it’s cartoony for kids. My kids love this cookbook, they found the recipes and drawings to be easy to understand. They are super excited to try some of the recipes. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a gifted copy. This is my honest review.

This is a wonderful cookbook for children. The recipes are easy to follow I love the introduction of each recipe includes a difficulty rating, and includes the estimated time to prep, cook, and rest. It also has how many it makes. The photos are wonderful and I love how at the end of each recipe there is a place for notes. Your child can put the date he or she completed it, how well he or she liked it, who helped him or her, any thing they would change and ideas to experiment with the recipe. I think this is a perfect gift for a child who loves to cook. Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this book in exchange for my review.

This is such a cute idea! Especially for kids the images of what to do really help, but even for adults, how can anyone resist the cuteness, right? Doesn't it make it look A LOT easier for kids? I would have loved something like this when I was about 11-14 when every book seemed so far from my reach. Especially when recipes don't have photos, I'm still not a fan! Cookbooks should always have pictures accompanying each recipe, right? The book is all with color and images. It's simple, appealing, and a lot of fun. It comes with an index of what each image means, level of difficulty, safety rules, how to measure things, and more. As for the recipes it has quite many cookies and bars, cakes, cupcakes, muffins, pastries, bread, savory/salty snacks, and how to do some ingredients that you might need if you don't have. I loved the cat drawings and I can't wait to try out some of the recipes!

I enjoyed this cute illustrated baking cookbook. I know it aid for Kids and Teens but I also feel like if you are a beginner baker you will enjoy this also. Some of the recipes didn't have instructions but I still enjoyed it. Loved it and highly recommend

This is such a cute title and a great way to introduce children of ages to the kitchen. It goes over basics and teach great skills that new cooks can build on. The adorable step-by-step illustrations are a huge bonus.

This is a great beginning cooking book for families. The book uses both words and pictures so nonreaders can also use this book. It shows the ingredients with pictures and the amount of needed, then pictures of the equipment needed. Then step by step pictorial directions. This is a great book for kids and adults that are learning to cook. There's even advanced recipes like Macarons. I need to keep this one in mind because I have always wanted to learn how to make them. There's mainly cookies, cakes, muffins and bread but there is also pizza. You know all the stuff that kids like to eat. This cookbook could help families bake together and have some great family memories together.

I enjoyed reading this book very much, the illustrations are too nice and the explanation for making the recipes is excellent and so easy, especially for those who are just beginning to cook like children and teenagers. I would have loved to have read this book when I was younger, I am sure I would have loved it. I like that the book indicates in the recipe the difficulty you have, as well as to illustrate all the materials that will be necessary to use; that at the end of each recipe the option to write down how many stars we give to the recipe after preparing it and making annotations about it makes it even better! I made the Crumbly Snowball Cookies with my little brother and they were delicious and so easy to made. I really recommend this book.

Ideal book for those little ones who are just beginning to learn to cook or make recipes, even for teenagers. Also for those parents who want to have a moment in the kitchen with their little children. I would have loved to have such a lovely book like this when I was younger to cook some of this amazing recipes. The design is quite simple and the explanations are not complex at all, the images of the recipes are very good and the drawings to indicate the steps are very adorable and you really want to cook like that; I will try one of the recipes with my little cousin and I am sure he will like to cook with the recipes of this book a lot! It is very good that just when you finish making a recipe, and before moving on to the next one, there is a page where you can write down the stars that you give and everything that the children want to say about the recipe after they have finished it. Highly recommended!

The cute cover immediately had my attention and when I opened the pages I found a well thought out cookbook for all children who want to learn how to bake. Each recipe starts with a mouth-watering real photograph, short overview and a difficulty rating. Then there are lots of wonderful illustrations for the ingredients, equipment and step-by-step instructions in combination with short descriptions. Finally there is a page for notes and a rating of tastiness, so you can add your own thoughts and ideas. I love the selection of delicious and easy to make recipes and their arrangement throughout the book. Specific cooking vocabulary and their corresponding images are explained at the very beginning so that the instructions are very easy to follow. The book concludes with a list of all recipes sorted by how long they take to prepare and for which occasions they are suited best, which I found super useful. Children are going to love this and I also want more cookbooks like this one :D

As a mom of 5 children, this fun and easy baking/cooking book is going to be a new standard in my house! My kids love to cook and bake with me, and are always asking to help mommy in the kitchen. I especially loved the recipes for Nutella cookies , chocolate mug cake, and banana crumb muffins. Your little ones are going to have so much fun spending time cooking and baking with their mommies or daddies, grab this sweet treat of book for your family today.

Update: I have gone from 3 to 5 stars!! After viewing the final Kindle book, I find it to be quite cute and the recipes sound delicious. My son has viewed it as well and is looking forward to making many of the treats by himself. Small and basic. I did like the illustrations but there is not many recipes and some aren’t classified properly. I really wanted to be wowed by this cookbook as my son and myself collect cookbooks. I personally won’t buy this one because of how lacking it is, BUT if you have a little one that’s just starting to stand on the stool while you bake, this may be perfect. This may even be perfect for those with disabilities learning to do things on their own. This book would be perfect in print as the digital copies don’t lend themselves to easy navigation or reading. You can’t swipe the pages, but they will change if you tap them. Also, it doesn’t allow landscape reading or enlarging, so it very hard to read as the font is tiny.

Date reviewed/posted: June 17, 2021 (Updated July 16, 2021) Publication date: June 25, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. We created this book for children, but we recommend it for adults as well. It's for those who don't like to read boring bricks of text but prefer to get right down to business, learning skills as they go. You won't find a book easier to use than this one. Not only does it have illustrated recipes for delicious dishes with concise, detailed descriptions, but it also has important information about the basics of baking that we've simplified and illustrated. Easy to make. Recipes are broken down into 3 categories of difficulty, but even the most difficult ones are manageable for a child. Most recipes require 3 to 10 ingredients and don't require gourmet ingredients. Chances are you already have everything you need, or you can find it at the nearest supermarket, regardless of the country you live in. In addition, there are substitution options for many of the ingredients. Most recipes require only the most basic cooking utensils. And even for those, there are substitution options: no microwave — make a water bath; no mixer — use a whisk. This is a huge freaking file.....and I had to buy it to review it. as it was too big for Netgalley's server limits. Sigh. (I bought it on Kindle for the below-mentioned sister otherwise there would be no updated review. This is what I would call "baking for kids who have never been in a kitchen" - too many photos, too many silly instructions that make it feel like there is not going to be an adult in the kitchen!!! THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE AN ADULT IN THE KITCHEN UNLESS THEY ARE, WELL, 16 OR OLDER. This would be a great book for my one ADHD-ADD-FILTL sister as she cannot cook anything that is not burned on a grill nor read and comprehend anything without a photo. I do like how few ingredients that there are for most of the recipes and this would be good, as well, for people with limited budgets and limited kitchen space. (College students would do well with this book and make yummy treats with limited space and budget instead of spending $$$ on ice cream delivery to get their sugar fix!) As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🧁🧁🧁🧁

The book is a gem for people with children, who want to teach them to cook. It has very easy recipes and the illustrations are darling! After they start to have more confidence in themselves, they can also start experimenting with some of the recipes by adding different flavors or substituting stuff. I loved paging though the whole book and looking at the drawings.

What a great cookbook this is! My kids recently started cooking and especially have an interest for baking cookies. This book is amazing, it has great recipes that kids will enjoy and actually eat. It's very well presented with a step by step guide for each recipe, making it very easy to follow and it's full of information and tips for kids. I would definitely recommend purchasing this book if you have a child/teen, they will love it!

This is a well-thought-out cook book. It is very colorful and eye-catching plus easy to use for reading with the nice illustrations. A large variety of recipes that are easy to make and some that are a little more difficult to challenge a young baker. I believe this is a very kid friendly book. When I had children I enjoyed baking with my children! I hope this book will give lots of hours of baking fun for those who want to bake with their children! So get Baking (also aviable with Kindle unlimited)

Nice book Very easy to follow instructions Easy to make biscuits and cakes I would prefer it in book form So going to purchase it now it's released Thank you netgalley, Skye Wade

I absolutely loved this recipe book, and will definitely be buying it for my son when it’s published. I love the illustrations and how the ingredients are listed by pictures and words, it makes it so appealing and interesting. There is a great selection of cookies, cakes and snacks including pizza. Using ingredients that you would find in the store cupboard, nothing too fancy. I’ve already made with my son some of the cookie recipes which were delicious. The photographs are appealing, and there are spaces to make notes at the end of each recipe. I particularly liked the back section detailing cooking times, so you can pick a recipe accordingly. Thank you to the publisher and net galley for giving me an advanced copy, I loved it. Great birthday present for a child’s birthday.