Get the Word Out

Write a Book That Makes a Difference

Narrated by Anne Janzer
Pub Date 15 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 24 Sep 2021
Cuesta Park Consulting, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Audiobooks

Talking about this book? Use #GettheWordOut #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Get the Word Out is a guide to writing a nonfiction book or memoir grounded in a sense of purpose.

This practical and inspiring audiobook offers advice for every phase of the journey, from clarifying your concept and owning your authority to drafting the manuscript and doing the important work after publishing.

Whether you're an industry thought leader seeking to expand your impact or someone with a tiny following and a big idea, this book will help you approach your project with clarify, confidence, and commitment. You'll find suggested exercises, original research from a survey of nonfiction authors, and stories and advice from other authors who have written meaningful, purposeful books.

Listen to this audiobook and start making progress on your own nonfiction book!

Advance Praise

“The reader comes away not just with a message, not just with a plan, but with a mentor… The book moves beyond prescriptive nonfiction, and the reader receives not only information but connection.”
— Critics Report, the BookLife Prize

—...

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
ISBN 9781952284069
DURATION 4 Hours, 43 Minutes, 38 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)

I picked this book up on a whim while looking for something out of my comfort zone to read. I couldn't have asked for a better random pick for myself than this book at this particular time. As a poet who self published my first collection of poetry, I have been debating on how to go about writing my next book. I wanted to venture out and explore other genres than poetry. Thanks to this audiobook I am inspired to write a memoir because of the amazing advice given in this book! I definitely recommend it even if you aren't interested in writing a nonfiction book.

What incredible resource! I loved that Janzer provides guidance every step of the way for people who want to write and publish a book! Absolutely will be buying a physical copy to have on hand!

As someone who has a complete non-fiction memoir written and only need to take that leap to getting it published, this was a very helpful book to listen to. I have other writing goals on deck that I haven't gotten around to dealing with but this book was inspirational and helpful in guiding me down that path again. The audio was easy to listen to, though I do wish I had a paper copy so I could thumb through it again in the future!

Anne Janzer's 'Get the Word Out' is quite the gem. It's a generous offering from a writer who knows her craft, and knows the pitfalls of the industry, too. At first, I thought this book was just for beginners - or writers who haven't been published yet - but I was wrong! There are tips, recommendations, and reminders here for every writer, no matter where they are in their publishing journey. The information is presented clearly, with a good overview, and it's tightly edited, so there's no 'waffling'. I'd highly recommend it as an addition to the library of every non-fiction writer.

So many authors of how-to and self-help books fail miserably at their intended (or suggested) goal, presented by the title and description. Not Anne Janzer. Get the Word Out is a no-nonsense, easy to read layout of how to write to share your message. Janzer explores the possibility of publishing from the initial idea and purpose, through the challenges and pitfalls, throwing in plenty of advice and inspiration- to help would be authors reach their goal. Lots of good, solid advice here and presented realistically. Janzer is not pretentious, and does not give false hope in her writing. She is exact and informative. One of the best 'how to/self-help' books I've read in years. I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

5 STARS I'm not a new writer I have been a writer on and off since I graduated college as an English Lit/Creative Writing major back in the early 90s. (I'll wait while you do the math.) I was fairly certain that there wasn't much more I needed to learn about the writing process because of the sheer number of books I've read to keep the writing and inspiration pump primed and flowing. Why I chose this book To Inspire the mind Because of an upcoming road trip, I downloaded the audiobook version of Anne Janzer's Get the Word Out, intending on using this writing guide to inspire me to stay on top of my writing goals while visiting my hometown and helping my aging parent. I figured I'd keep my writing brain churning by contemplating the exercises in the book. Also, by focusing on writing, I hoped it'd help me weather the possible bad news my mom may bet at her appt. Pass the time Also, an audiobook helps pass the hours on the road. My thoughts as I began reading The introduction sparked such excitement in me, I didn't want to answer the calls I received. I didn't understand how a book on a topic I knew so well could feel fresh and new, but it did. Some of the information I'd heard before, perhaps presented in a less appealing way. Some of the information was new to me. What's unique about this book Whatever the case, the author's way of presenting and inspiring snagged me and wouldn't let me go. It was the perfect companion for wannabe writers, new writers, and for seasoned writers. I loved it so much that I'm going to buy the book version to do the exercises she suggests. It's THAT good.</p> My recommendation Authors and wannabe authors, READ IT ALREADY! You might be surprised by what you learn, no matter your experience. Get the Word Out gets my highest, 5-star rating! I suggest listening to the audiobook and reading the print book. Get the Word Out. Inspiration and experience await. What more could you ask for? #GettheWordOut #NetGalley