Then We Fly

Pub Date 30 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #thenwefly #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Cora has been living in her new world and learning to use the abilities she's discovered over the past year, but her nightmares have been plaguing her with increasing frequency. And what is worse they may not be nightmares at all. While she wishes the dreams would just go away and is struggling to suppress that side of herself, she discovers that some secrets should not be left alone. Surrounded by mer, selkies, and sirens who all want her, either on their side or dead, she struggles to know who her real friends are. Prince Oran dotes on her and is never out of reach, but how much of that is just the spell he inadvertently put himself under? Fynn has admitted that he’s keeping secrets from her, dangerous ones. With old enemies and new ones conspiring to upend her entire world, she must learn how to use her abilities and new ones she never imagined possible to fight for the people she loves or risk losing everything.

A Note From the Publisher

Sequel to First We Drown

Sequel to First We Drown

PRICE

Thank you to Netgalley for sending me an early copy. **Possible spoilers** Another exciting book set in this magical world filled with mermaids and selkies. Little mermaid vibes for sure. I really liked how the story progressed and this book takes us to new places and we meet new characters. There are multiple POVs in this book and at times I found it hard to follow, but overall I really enjoyed the story. I liked how the relationship between Fynn and Cora progressed but I was hoping for more between Cora and Oran as I found their connection interesting and thought there was going to be something more there. The ending hinted at troubled times ahead, but I'm unsure if this is the last in the series or not. I really hope we get another installment so we can follow Cora and Fynn and see what happens in their future. The story is well written and the author has done an amazing job with this book and I hope we get to revisit this amazing world again.

Just WOW! The multiple POVs were perfect for this story. I really need to read the other book that came out before this one. I am so excited to check it out. This one was so good. I love the world that Salas has created and I am hungry for more. This is a new to me author that I have fallen head over heels for.

A beautifully written book that features multi-POVs, surrounded by mermaids and the underwater fantasy creatures we love but the stories we never get. Cora is trying to find herself in this new world, handsome princes causing distractions, secrets among friends, and enemies causing her to constantly look over her shoulder. I highly recommend reading this book, as well as getting your hands on the prequel. Well done Rebecca! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this eARC. This review was completely mine and written in my words based on my opinion.