The Marvelous Monroe Girls

Pub Date 11 Jan 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheMarvelousMonroeGirls #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A heartwarming story of sisterhood, second chances, and falling in love.

Gabriella Monroe is doing her best to pretend that everything is fine, but her life is a mess. Sales are down at her vintage dress shop, her beloved grandmother isn’t her usual spunky self, and Gabby desperately misses the closeness she had with her sisters, Margaret and Emma—who were once so inseparable that their family called them “the Monroe Musketeers.”   When the sisters stumble across a stash of letters that reveals their grandmother’s secret life, Gabby sees an opportunity to bring the sisters back together again and, best of all, raise her grandmother’s spirits. And sure, this new project makes it easier to pretend her own life isn’t crashing around her, but concentrating on helping everyone else and ignoring her own feelings is what Gabby does best. Except when it comes to Jake Maddox. Once the boy next door she crushed on—hard—he’s grown into an even more intriguing man, and her attraction to him isn’t so easy to hide. It’s clear he’s just as interested in her, but dating Jake would only muddy up her already complicated life. Or is it finally time to put herself first and risk it all for a chance at happiness?

Shirley Jump grew up with a close-knit family in a small town near Boston and believes that those ties stay with you forever, creating a sense of community wherever you live. She currently resides in Florida.

A heartwarming story of sisterhood, second chances, and falling in love.

A Note From the Publisher

For media/event inquiries, please email Dana Cuadrado, dana.cuadrado@hbgusa.com.

ISBN 9781538720288

Thank you Forever Publishing, NetGalley and Author for this readers ebook copy in return for an honest review! The Marvelous Monroe Girls by Shirley Jump was a very delightful story to read! This is my first Jump read and I seen she has a lot of romance series.... I might have to check this out now!. But this is as of right now a standalone novel could soon be a series. Gabriella Monroe misses the closeness she had with her sisters, Margaret and Emma... who were once so inseparable that their family called them “the Monroe Musketeers.” Gabby isn't doing good with sales at her vintage dress shop. And her grandmother who is usually feisty isn't so spunky as of late! It feels like her life is closing in on her. When the sisters come across a stash of old letters which reveal that grandma had a secret life! Could this be told what brings the three sisters close together again? Maybe Gabby having something else to think about and do might get her mind off her own problems. But when Jake Maddox who Gabby used to crush on comes into the picture she finds it hard to deal or hide her attraction to him. And its obvious he is just as into her as she is him. Only issue is dating the boy next door could only complicate her life more! Or maybe just maybe its time for Gabby to put herself first and make herself happy! And this is why I always enjoy a good romance story! It can bring me right out if a funk! The writing for this book was refreshing and there were plenty of times that I had that stupid smile on my face because of how lovey the characters were. Amazing story! Writing was good, kept me glued to my kindle. And the characters were flawed and amazing. Made me actually think of me and my two sisters! Which I loved! Overall a lovely story, well written book I loved everything this book had to offer! Thanks again NetGalley, Publisher and Author for the chance to read and review this amazing book! I'll post to my Social media platforms closer to pub date!

This is a sweet, small town romance that could easily be a Hallmark movie! Gabby is trying to bring her sisters, Meggy and Emma, together again - they used to be a close knit family and have drifted. Gabby needs to realize she can't make everything work out the way she thinks it should. She has a good heart, but tries to manipulate situations. Jake is the typical boy next door - the whole will they, won't they drags out a bit but it's a sweet ending. Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for a temporary, digital ARC in return for my review.