“Spectacular—I've been waiting years for this book to exist.” —Maria Dahvana Headley, author of Beowulf: A New Translation
"If Le Guin wrote a Camelot story, I imagine it would feel like Spear: humane, intelligent, and deeply beautiful. It's a new story with very old bones, a strange place that feels like home." —Alix E. Harrow, author of A Spindle Splintered
She left all she knew to find who she could be . . .
She grows up in the wild wood, in a cave with her mother, but visions of a faraway lake drift to her on the spring breeze, scented with promise. And when she hears a traveler speak of Artos, king of Caer Leon, she decides her future lies at his court. So, brimming with magic and eager to test her strength, she breaks her covenant with her mother and sets out on her bony gelding for Caer Leon.
With her stolen hunting spear and mended armour, she is an unlikely hero, not a chosen one, but one who forges her own bright path. Aflame with determination, she begins a journey of magic and mystery, love, lust and fights to death. On her adventures, she will steal the hearts of beautiful women, fight warriors and sorcerers, and make a place to call home.
The legendary author of Hild returns with an unforgettable hero and a queer Arthurian masterpiece for the modern era. Nicola Griffith’s Spear is a spellbinding vision of the Camelot we've longed for, a Camelot that belongs to us all.
- National author tour
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National advertising campaign
- Prepublication trade and consumer early-reader review campaign including advertising, major ARC mailings, giveaways via NetGalley, Shelf Awareness and Goodreads
- Social media influencer campaign
- NetGalley and digital galley outreach targeting fantasy fans and influencers
- Extensive digital marketing campaign including, content reveals, virtual events, newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, custom social assets, and extensive coverage on Tordotcom’s social media platforms
- Digital preview
- Cross-promotions with Macmillan Audio
- Downloadable Reading Group Guide- Extensive coverage on Tor.com, which averages 1 million unique visitors and 3 million pageviews per month, with 480K newsletter subscribers and over 213.5K social media followers