EGGin'

David Rose Cooks on the Big Green Egg

Pub Date 28 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 07 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #EGGin #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Let celebrated Chef David Rose show you how easy it is to use the Big Green Egg, the most versatile, outdoor cooker of all time. It does more than just grilling, it’s EGGin’!

Chef David Rose applies his signature cooking style to grilling, smoking, roasting, and baking on the Big Green Egg. From apps, to veggies, entrees, sweet treats, and even smoked cocktails; the entire meal will be prepared on the EGG. Renowned Chef and TV personality David Rose uses his cooking expertise to elevate meals made with the EGG as never seen before. Enjoy delicious recipes that reflect David's Jamaican heritage and classic French culinary training, as well as his Southern inspiration in dishes such as:Chili Grilled Lamb Chops with Mango ChutneyAfro-Asian OxtailsSmoked Chicken Chili with Bacon Cheddar CornbreadBourbon-Ginger Pecan Pie and many more!

Chef David Rose applies...

A Note From the Publisher

We regret that this ARC is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret that this ARC is not available for Kindle viewing.

EGGin' by David Rose is a great cookbook. So far we've used our BGE for normal meat grilling and to make some great Pizzas but this book gives great recipes and ideas to maximize your BGE experience. This book has very nice pictures illustrating the dishes and a wide variety of recipes that are well explained. I, as a non-american reader, also enjoyed the guide page that gave a handy guide to measurement conversions, I imagine that will be very helpful! This book will definitely end wrapped and then gifted to my dad in the near future because I am sure that he too will love this cookbook.

EGGin': David Rose Cooks on the Big Green Egg by David Rose is such a great cookbook. We love our BGE and use it at least once a week and these recipes are a big hit. The ingredients are accessible, and the directions are easy to follow. Love the layout, font, and pictures. The Grilled Broccoli Caesar is delicious. Also tried the Grilled Shrimp and Pear Salad with Calabrian Vinaigrette. I was not sure about the flavor combinations but OH MY! Cannot wait to work my way through all the recipes. ***** I received an ARC from NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my honest review. *****

Date reviewed/posted: August 13, 2021 Publication date: October 12, 2021 What a great book - I am saving up for an Egg although I doubt that my neighbours in this apartment complex will like the smoke! The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there. And with some jiggling and knowledge, you can easily make these recipes in your oven or BBQ with less smoke flavour butt still tasting yummy. I especially love the book because it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better. My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!) I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames... I even called the grocery store to order some oxtails!!! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍖🥩🍗🐑🐐

What a deliciously EGGcellent read! Amazing things happen when a Harley-riding, classically trained, Jamaican-born chef pens a Big Green Egg cookbook! As a fellow devoted EGGhead, I was thrilled to see this book on the NetGalley shelf. Now after reading it, I can't wait to buy a copy to add to my prized cookbook collection....and more so, I can't wait to try all of these mouthwatering recipes! David's big, bold flavor profiles showcase some of my favorite ingredients like za'atar, harissa and Thai green curry and his recipes have a truly global flair. He even includes a special section on "grilled" drinks". What could be better than cooking on the EGG sipping a charred grapefruit-jalapeño bourbon sour or a maple smoked old-fashioned? YUM! He also gives tips on meat temperatures, essential equipment recommendations and wood chip flavors. I will be buying this book for all of my EGG loving friends!

I will say, cooking books or anything to do with food and food tech that I can find? Immediately I purchase or download. I love baking and I love cooking. Dare I say they are even comfort reads for me? That’s exactly what they are...in fact. I loved this book and I loved David roses way with words in this book. Chef David Rose is definitely someone I will be on the look out for in the future!

These recipes are great for anyone who loves to grill, and they can be easily adapted even if you don’t have the EGG. The pictures are amazing, too!