Conquer Needle Phobia

Simple Ways To Reduce Your Anxiety and Fear

Pub Date 18 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 19 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ConquerNeedlePhobia #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

This book was inspired by a request from a colleague. He suggested I write an evidence-based book for the millions of people across the globe who have needle fears and phobias. The sad reality is there are simply not enough trained mental health professionals to offer individualized treatment for those fearful of getting vaccinated, visiting their dentist, or having blood withdrawn.

Conquer Needle Phobia was written to offer you practical tools that you can use whenever you face getting your next shot, receiving a needle injection, or having your blood drawn. Use this book as a reference and resource companion to gain greater knowledge, reduced anxiety, and increased confidence. Facing your fears is never easy, but the hope is that after reading this book you will at very least find the prospect of getting injections of any kind more tolerable.

Links

Review of Conquer Needle Phobia by Marty Martin I got this book for my teenage adult daughter who has really bad, horrendous needle phobia. I myself am not a fan of needles (who is!) but will get them done without to much issue when needed (but will worry about it beforehand), I thought it would be good to read for both myself and my daughter. I found the book to be concise and well written, with some thoughtful and interesting points and suggestions. I feel calmer at the thought of an injection after reading. My daughter thought the same, but we are yet to put it into practise, but I am hoping it helps when the time comes. I would recommend this as a read if you suffer.

I gave this book a quick once over and wasn't all too terribly impressed. I had previously heard of/researched the majority of what this book covered on needle phobia, so I didn't feel as if I had learned something new. However, if you do have fear of needles and struggle with passing out during procedures, this book does have some interesting tidbits of information that may help. However, I feel like I could have pretty much learned everything off of Google, so I'm not sure that I could justify purchasing it myself.

This was actually a pretty interesting take on needle phobias which is really interesting. I have a fear or needles and I know those around me have a fear of needles. So it’s always interesting to see those across the world and countries on how they feel about people’s fears when it comes to needles. This was really enjoyable and like I said, it’s always fun reading other people’s perspectives when it comes to these things. I highly highly enjoyed this! 5 out of 5 stars!