Float

Pub Date 22 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 22 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Float #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Coming from the tundra of the north, the beach culture isn’t exactly Waverly’s forte. The sun may just be her mortal enemy, and her vibe is decidedly not chill. To top it off? Her ability to swim is nonexistent.

Enter Blake, the (superhot) boy next door. Charming and sweet, he welcomes Waverly into his circle. For the first time in her life, Waverly has friends, a social life, and soon enough,
feelings . . . for Blake. As the two grow closer, Waverly’s fortunes begin to look up. But every summer must come to an end, and letting go is hardest when you’ve finally found where you belong.

ISBN 9781989365977

Send To Kindle (PDF)

What a delightful book. The main character gets a change of scenery Anna change your perspective. I absolutely loved this story.

Thank you so much Wattpad Books and NetGalley for this wonderful ebook! Float by Kate Marchant has to be one of the greatest YA novels I've read all month! SO FREAKING GOOD! Kate has a way with words which just captures you and keeps you hooked till you've read the entire thing. Freaking devoured this book! Float is a young adult novel with spectacular writing and pace. Kate did an amazing job with this book and I loved it. The characters I couldn't help but fall in love with! The writing was freaking on point! I thought this book was refreshing and there were plenty of times that I had that stupid smile on my face because of how lovey the characters were. Amazing story! Five Star Book All Day Long! Thank you again for the opportunity to read this novel!

I read FLOAT on Wattpad when it first came out and I absolutely loved it. I can still remember getting excited over the updates, it was easily one of my favorite books on the platform. It only makes sense that I still love it in its absolute final draft! Blake is to this day one of my favorite book boyfriends and Waverly is such a great protagonist. The book was funny, emotional, and all of the things. I love love love it! Thanks to Wattpad Books for giving me the opportunity to read the final version! :)

This was a charming YA! I found the setting really well written and I thought the characters were cute. I would recommend this to fans of Sarah Dessen. Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

'Float' is a novel about 17-year-old Waverly from Alaska who comes to visit her aunt living near the Atlantic Ocean. Waverly wants this holiday to be her new start, she wants to reinvent herself among new people in a completely new place. Back in Alaska she went to a private school and she didn't really have any friends, she was mostly doing her homework and reading books or following her academically successful and very much divorced parents. Now she has to face a really pissed off and unfortunately also really handsome neighbour Blake and the lack of swimming skills. But hey, she makes great friends with Alissa, Lena and her twin brother Jesse, and... it also turns out that Blake is not so bad after all. I really liked reading this book, I read it almost at one go, and I simply love all the books with surfing in them. If there were more funny / LOL scenes or dialogues I would totally give it a five star review. Thank you Wattpad and NetGalley for allowing me to read it as an advanced copy way before the publication date!

This body-positive story is everything I needed. Full of characters who you will love to meet and a story that is both emotional and gripping at the same time.

Float is Marchant’s debut novel and honestly, it couldn’t have come at a better time. Lately, I have been longing for a sweet and age appropriate new YA novel, and almost everything I pick up has been either too mature or completely toxic (see my post on Punk 57) for a YA audience. Float was SO unbelievably refreshing. This was a cute, quirky and innocent read. I loved the world Marchant created in small town Florida; there has been a trend towards dark and disturbing teenage novels (think 13 Reasons Why) and it was nice to read about a welcoming and caring group of teens; don’t get me wrong, there were still raging house parties, bitchy moments between girls, underage drinking, realistic teenage language (plenty of fucks were uttered haha), sneaking out and breaking rules, but the friendships and romantic relationships were sweet and age appropriate. Waverly and Blake were adorable; a perfect teen appropriate version of one of my favourite romance tropes, enemies to lovers. Marchant captured the excitement and magic of a first time summer love perfectly. One day I want my daughter to have a summer of self discovery like Waverly had. Honestly, I just really enjoyed this book. It made me feel warm and mushy and I really hope that this isn’t the last we heard from this rag tag group of friends - I would LOVE to read about Alissa and Jesse, for example! Fans of Jenny Han (TATBILB and TSITP) will absolutely love this book. It is currently in the production phase and being turned into a movie (I do have questions as to why they cast a 33 year old as the 17 year old teenage heartthrob Blake... but 🤷🏼‍♀️).

I really enjoyed this title and highly recommend. I feel this will make an excellent addition to anyone’s book collection. Please be sure to go and pick this one up!

I really liked this one! I always love summer themed YA fiction and this was supposed to have the vibe of a Sarah Dessen/Jenny Hahn book. I absolutely love anything by Jenny Hahn. To All the Boys is my life so I definitely knew I wanted to pick this one up! The premise states Description A heartfelt summer read for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han about holding on and letting go. Waverly Lyons has been caught in the middle of her parents’ divorce for as long as she can remember. This summer, the battle rages over who she’ll spend her vacation with, and when Waverly’s options are shot down, it’s bye-bye Fairbanks, Alaska and hello Holden, Florida to stay with her aunt.. This is a cute fish out of water story with a romantic element as well! it’s about that time in your life when anything is possible. I really enjoyed the way it was written. It would make a cute Netflix movie and I hope to read more by this author in the future.

Float is the story of Alaska based Waverly, who is travelling to Florida to visit her aunt for the summer. Struggling with her parents divorce, a lack of direction, and a feeling of not belonging, Waverly is looking forward to a fresh start. She soon finds a job, friends, and a potential love interest in (and not to mention much needed swimming lessons from) her neighbor Blake, and Waverly may find herself wishing that her Florida visit wasn't only for the summer. I really needed a good YA novel in my life, and Float was a fantastic fit that quickly moved up my tbr list. Waverly is a great main character in Float, and for this being a relatively lighthearted read I found her to have a good amount of depth with everything she struggles with in her life in Alaska. She finds a group that helps give her a sense of belonging, and her aunt provides the family love that she needs. Her romance with Blake is sweet, innocent, and age appropriate, and it added a nice touch to the story. Float is the kind of story I look for in a YA novel and I really enjoyed reading this book. Thanks to Netgalley and Wattpad Books for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

As soon as I saw the cover for this title, I knew I needed to read it! Float by Kate Marchant is such a cute, addicting YA novel. Similar to Waverly, I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet so I read this in September and had an absolute blast. I thought the pace/tone was just right, the writing was beautiful and I enjoyed getting invested in the characters and wondering how things would turn out for each and every one of them in the end. This book just reiterated that coming-of-age stories will always be one of my go-to's! Thank you to Wattpad Books and NetGalley for this ebook.

I’m so excited that this book is going to be turned into a movie!! I adored the premise and the characters. Everything about this book just screams NOSTALGIA.

I remember reading Float when the author was still uploading this story chapter by chapter, week by week and I enjoyed it so much. So when I saw that it was actually being published and also being turned into a film starring Robbie Amell, I was even more excited. Say what you will about Wattpad books but it's given a platform to so many writers and is certainly a non traditional publishing experience which is pretty cool. Okay so on to the review! I feel like this new published version of Float is definitely a lot better in terms of quality and the overall storyline. I feel like a lot of the details have been fine tuned to make for a more coherent story and because I read the original so long ago - there were some key things I felt like I was discovering all over again. I especially liked the found family element in the book and reading how Waverley, Alissa, Blake, Jesse and Lena become so close and find their place in the world with each other was so wholesome. I also appreciated the exploration of having neglectful or emotionally abusive parents and how the characters navigate this and get through it all together and find common ground. The romance was sweet if predictable but still cute. Float is an easy read, and it won't take long to get through so makes for a great holiday read or a book to pick up over the course of an evening when you're craving some sea, sun and summer antics.

This YA Contemporary read will appeal to many, with its family-centered themes and moody teenagers trying to make the best of situations created by their parents. I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s.

The perfect YA Summer Book. I think it will resinate with fans of Dessen, West, and Matson for sure. All around a great theme with two teens trying to understand their parent's ways of parenting. The social awkwardness, fun adventures, and great friendships that come with being a teen. I'm totally not sitting here reminising on my teen years... wishing I had someone with a nice body to teach me how to swim... Nope, definitely not.

This book was everything. It's been a long time since I've read something that I couldn't put down. Float was addicting, what a great debut novel by Kate Merchant. Definitely the beginning of a great author to be addicted to. This book follows Waverley, a girl from Alaska ready for a change in her life as she goes to spend the summer with her aunt and away from her parents and boring life that consists of friends that really aren't friends at all. Dieing her summer in Holden FL she learns to be herself and let go. Waverly dings herself in this small town and finds that she does matter and she can be herself. With new friends and a very adorable new neighbor she lives life and even if she gets herself in some crazy situations it was a journey I was happy to experience. This was a must read and very much recommended for all. This had all the right feels from beginning to end you felt connected with the main characters and the new people in her life. I loved everything about this book and can't wait to jump in another hornet with this author.

This was such an adorable book! While I didn't come into it with the highest of expectations, Float definitely blew me away. I love the grumpy boy and bubbly new girl trope, and this definitely delivered. Blake and Waverly are that high school couple that everyone would be confused as hell as to how they got together and why they work, but they just do.

The book was so cute! My expectations for Float were not the highest, but I was definitely blown away. This one delivered on the grumpy boy and bubbly new girl trope. Blake and Waverly are a high school couple that no one can seem to understand why they got together and work together, but they stay together.

This book was such a throwback for me, wow! I first read this when it was still being written on Wattpad (around 2013-2014 I believe) and I really loved it! I can definitely say that re-reading this book in its entirety made me so happy! To start with the things I enjoyed: I thought that there was a nice build-up to the romance! The author kept some of my favorite scenes that have stuck with me all these years. (Post-concussion scrabble is one of my favorite scenes ever written honestly!) I love a good slow-burn & this book really delivers just that. However, I will say that this book fell flat in a number of ways. The story felt a bit rushed and there were times when I couldn’t remember if the author told us something or if we were just supposed to assume. Like when did she actually learn to swim? We never see that… Overall, I give this a solid 3/5 stars because these characters still hold a place in my heart. I believe my reading style has also changed as I’ve grown, so I can’t be too hard on this book. I also feel proud of Kate Marchant for getting published! She’s living her dreams and that’s fantastic! Thank you for the opportunity to read this book before release!

A book I couldnt put down and stayed up way too late reading. High school hormones are tough and it was so fun to get an inside look!

Thank you so much to NetGalley and Wattpad Books for a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions are entirely my own. I absolutely love books like this. They are fun, quick, cute, and easy to read. There were great side characters in this book that I felt had lots of character development. I hate when books forget about side characters and smaller plots in the story. This book did a fantastic job of tying up all loose ends and side plots found in the story. The only issue with the book I had was that I couldn't really see the chemistry between the two main characters and felt like it could have been a teeny bit better. Still, it was a very fun read and I enjoyed it!

I was given a digital copy of this book for an honest review. I really liked this book. I thought it was a cute, fun, and easy read that I simply couldn’t put down. It actually reminded me of, to all the boys I’ve loved before. Even though they are very different and the only thing in common was the high school romance! I really enjoyed the character growth from the main character and some of the side characters! I rated it a 4/5 and wouldn’t defiantly recommend it!

*Netgalley and wattpad books provided me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review* Overall a good story; great for someone looking for a cute quick read, and has relatable main characters/ side characters.

Float was a tender coming of age romance that can be devoured in one weekend! I loved the found family that Waverly found in her new friends, and can we talk about how sweet Blake was? Anyone who knows me knows I love the boy-next-door trope, and Float is definitely the book for anyone also needing their charming neighbor boy fix. Also, this book definitely surpassed the quality of a lot of wattpad-turned-published books out there, which was an added bonus.

This book gives all the immaculate vibes of Sarah Dessen and Kasie West and we are absolutely here for it. Waverly is spending the summer in Florida with her aunt, quite a ways away from her home in Alaska. Is Waverly prepared? No. She doesn’t know how to swim, babbles when nervous and doesn’t have very many friends. Now cue the cute boy next door who takes on teaching Waverly how to swim. Starting with learning to float first. This book is filled with amazing friendships, an adorable romance and an even better message to anyone out there who is looking for their place in this world. This is not a book anybody is going to want to miss. If you’re looking for a summer time feel-good novel, look no further.

Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ For some reason, I really loved this book. The way it was written, the characters in it, everything about this novel was great. I loved that this debut story was so good. I haven’t been on Wattpad much but compared to the things I’ve heard, this book surpassed all expectations. I loved the flow. The characters grew over time and even though the story takes place in only a month or so, I loved seeing the difference from the start to the end. This is a book over reading and I will be sure to look out for more of this author’s books to come. I received a review copy and am voluntarily leaving a review.

I am a sucker for summer romance books and this book came to me at the perfect time! I've been desperate for a new fix and seeing Waverly's story unfold was so sweet + fun and gave me *all* of the emotions. This story was the perfect mix of the type of butterflies-in-your-stomach romance, chuckling humor, and overall sweetness that you crave when the days get longer and hotter. I live in north Florida and it was really cool seeing it as the setting of this book-- I'm just hoping that I'll find my own cute little beach town to spend a month-long summer in.

Good book for teens who's parents are going through a divorce. Teen books and teen authors shouldn't be afraid to tackle the hard stuff.

I actually loved this book. At first when I saw it was published by Wattpad I was a little skeptical but it was really good. It had some of my favorite tropes in it that were integrated really well into the story. I loved all the characters. The main character was very relatable and loveable. The only thing I didn’t like about her was how clumsy she was. It seemed very weird and awkward to add. I loved Blake. He gave off bad boy vibes but was also super sweet and great for Waverly. I also liked the twins. They were hilarious and great friends. I enjoyed Waverly and Blake’s relationship and I liked how there weren’t any problems with them after they got together. I loved the ending and am very happy with it. Overall I really liked this book. There were only a few things that bothered me, but other than that it was really good. I recommend this book to Young Adult and contemporary book lovers.

Float by Kate marchant is such a fun summer read! A truly all encompassing book for anyone who has ever felt different, and lets be honest, not good enough. Float tells the story of Waverly, a girl originally from Fairbanks, Alaska who is spending the summer with her aunt in Holden, Florida. Who just so happens to live next door to the cutest boy Waverly has ever seen. A great all around read and maybe the perfect beach read!

Thank you NetGalley and Wattpad books for providing me this ARC in exchange for an honest review. This book got me out of a reading slump. It was very cute and fast-paced and I could not put it down! If you’re looking for a summer romance definitely read this book!!

I thought FLOAT was very reminiscent to Sarah Dessen, Kasie West, and Morgan Matson books. This is a quintessential summer book. You have Waverly, who is dealing with being in the middle of her parents divorce and then going from Alaska to Florida to spend time with her Aunt. While in Alaska she didn't have very many friends, read a lot, and didn't do very much except school stuff. But then in Florida she is introduced to hot boy next door and his inner circle of friends. Realizing how short summer is, she has to deal with the act of letting go and what she would do for love.

Really great book and one that I would totally read in the summer. I loved the characters and the setting for the book!!

- um yes I need to go to holden. a month in the cutest beach town ever? yes please. a summer job at a bookstore? sign me up - my thoughts at page 60: OMG OKAY YES HOT NEIGHBOR LIFEGUARD BOY IS GOING TO TEACH HER HOW TO SWIM AND IT HAS TO BE SECRET OKAY I AM READY FOR THE ROMANCE TO START NOW - the cast is so well developed! nobody felt surface level or one dimensional. I adore lena and jesse's dynamic, the depth behind the blake/alissa/ethan drama, everyone’s differing relationships with their parents, lena's fierce friendship, aunt rachel's quirks and energy, george and chloe's relationship, the tension and changes between chloe and blake, and of course little isabel! - I get really frustrated when ya plots are based on a lie. once waverly lied and said that she could swim, the lies just kept adding up and they really didn't need to. her swim lessons with blake didn't really need to be secret. the whole time I expected it was all going to blow up in their faces at some point and it just. didn't. need. to. - this had me laughing from start to finish. there are some seriously good one liners, and the banter between waverly and blake is so good - float pleasantly surprised me! my expectations were kind of low since it's started as a wattpad book, but honestly this was really good! it was fun and flirty, beachy and surprisingly deep. I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet book ♥ - UM OK WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT THIS IS BEING MADE INTO A MOVIE!!? let’s GOOOOO

Float by Kate Marchant follows Waverly, a girl from Alaska who has just flown to Florida for the summer to stay with her aunt. She's never really fit in at her private high school in Fairbanks, and never really been accepted for who she is by her parents, so she is very much expecting things to be the same in Florida. However, as she makes friends and grows closer to the boy next door, she finds that Holden, Florida is the first place she's ever felt like she belonged. Everything about this book was adorable. She's gone to a small private school all her life where the atmosphere is super competitive and where she never really had any friends, so it is easy to see where her lack of self-confidence comes from. Waverly's self-esteem issues, anxiety, and past problems with feeling like she had no friends were definitely relatable, and seeing her confidence blossom over the course of the book is definitely rewarding. Many of her issues come from the fact that her parents are both famous climatologists and expect her to go down a similar path that she is both uninterested in and has never shown any aptitude for. My one real problem is that she doesn't know how to swim at the start of the book, and apparently finds that embarrassing enough to admit that she endangers herself over it not once but twice in the book, and I did find her constant talking about her height (she's almost 6 feet tall if I remember correctly) and her clumsiness to wear on me a little. Also, she had forgotten her phone in Alaska, which was just a little bit of an absurd situation that I found hard to take seriously. It would be one thing for her to have never needed a phone, but for her to have one and have just somehow forgotten it irked me a little. The good thing about Waverly's inability to swim and determination to hide it is that it provides a catalyst for her to get closer to Blake, since he was the only one who realized the truth. Blake is currently working as a lifeguard, and his mother died from drowning when he was little, so he's determined to make sure that Waverly learns how to swim. Blake also has a lot of issues with his stepmother in terms of both of them misunderstanding the other, and he finds out his girlfriend is cheating on him at the start of the book, so he has a lot of issues, but at least manages to not be super angsty over it for the most part. I did genuinely like him, and he and Waverly were definitely super cute together. Blake's super protective of her (though not in a possessive way), and the two have a lot of cute banter and I absolutely loved reading about them. The side characters were also all dynamic and lovable. Waverly's Aunt Rachel, an artist, is super fun and is really just trying vaguely to figure out how to be a guardian. Lena, Alissa, and Jesse, Waverly's friends, were all fun and Alissa was especially well fleshed out. I was also genuinely interested in the relationship between Blake and his stepmother, Chloe; both are doing their best but not really getting through to each other, and I just really love that subplot. I enjoyed the beach setting much more than I thought I would, as I personally don't like going to the beach, so I wasn't expecting to enjoy reading about it. The fact that I ended up loving the beach town atmosphere in this book was definitely a surprise for me. Waverly also works in a bookstore,; it doesn't play much of a role plot-wise, but it's still definitely a plus. One main problem that I had was that the plot definitely felt a bit forced and rushed in some places, the timing wasn't always super clear, and there was important information that was sometimes just skimmed over (such as completely omitting at one point Waverly actually learned how to swim), all of which made the pacing feel a little strange at times. While almost every individual part of the book was great, the way that it all fit together felt a little confusing sometimes. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I had a couple of issues where Waverly's character and with the pacing of the book, but beyond those it is a completely adorable beach read that I completely recommend to anybody looking for a cute YA romance.

I would like to thank Kate Marchant, Wattpad Books and Netgalley for providing an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange of an honest review. Waverly has spent every summer in the cold between her parents’ divorce “helping” them with their research. This summer her parents couldn’t figure out what to do . So she ended up from sweet cold Alaska to warm and sweaty Florida. Upon arriving to her aunt’s place in Florida she realizes she forgot her phone in Alaska. Waverly has decided that this summer she will be her and not what her parents want her to be. With the phone gone , all the past connections to her life are gone. It started off kind of sweet until her neighbour’s jerk son who holds a grudge against her for no reason enters the picture. A story filled with late night swim lessons, babysitting failures and surfing expeditions Float is an extraordinary, sweet story about finding yourself, letting go of the past and turning into the person you dreamed of being. Float was a sweet and funny read perfect for not only the summer but also any weather. I personally read it whilst it was snow storming outside. It’s one of those books you curl up with and lose track of time with. Upon finishing Float, I was disappointed for all the right reasons. I wanted a sequel another book in the same universe even. Kate Marchant holds that power in her words where she draws in you in with a refreshing story. Honestly her words alone with the right marketing, publishing and outreach would dominate the bestseller lists especially in the Young Adult genre. Kate Marchant originally shared her work on Wattpad. Which is a digital platform where stories can be shared chapter by chapter. Wattpad books a few years later decided to publish Float shortly after the movie adaptation was announced. Float which has not even be released yet (February 2022) already has a movie in the works. You can see her passion in writing and the hard work she put in her book. I cannot wait to see her future work/projects and the much-deserved success that will follow.

Float is a fun summer teen romance. Waverly, a lonely teen of divorced parents from Alaska, travels to Florida for some of her summer vacation to visit her artist aunt, Rachel. While she's there, Waverly finds her place among a group of friends, tries to learn to swim, and develops a romance with the next-door neighbor's son, Blake, a dreamy lifeguard. Here's the good in this book: it's incredibly readable and fun, and you're rooting for insecure Waverly to develop her sea legs and sense of self. Some of the side characters, like Rachel and friends Lena and Jesse and Alissa are well-developed and really interesting. The bad: I felt like there are some gaps in the plotting here. [SPOILERS] At one point, Blake pointedly writes Waverly a note about how he's not going to try to kiss her again. OK, I say, here's the conflict. And then they do kiss without there being any mention of this by Blake. Waverly and Blake's relationship just doesn't seem to form as much as just magically come into being. After one kiss she calls him her "boyfriend" and is "in love." It just feels off and not entirely believable. There is also some stuff about Alaska that feels very written by someone who did no research on Alaska. At one point Waverly claims where she's from, it's a high of 32 in August. Erm, she's from Fairbanks, where a little Google search tells me there is a high of 67 in August. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke, but it didn't feel like it. This isn't a bad book at all, and I truly did feel myself connected to the story. But the author's note tells you she began to write it at age 15, and it feels like some of those things that a 15-year-old would write needed more cleaning up for publication.

Float is an incredibly charming coming of age story revolving around a quirky, Alaskan teen named Waverley. I enjoyed reading about her summer away, living with her supportive, artistic aunt and cultivating relationships with her her lovable friends. I love a good grumpy to sunshine trope and quickly flew through this novel while traveling. It was wholesome, heartwarming and an all around delight to read. It felt sunny in the depths of winter and read like it was told by a hilarious yet endearingly awkward best friend. So in love with this writer’s irreverent style! My only note is that the ending felt rushed and I selfishly wanted it to continue. I am grateful for the opportunity to have read this ARC in exchange for an honest review! Very much looking forward to the film adaptation.

This book was your typical cheesy teen romance that I definitely would’ve been obsessed over back in high school. But I still enjoyed it. It had great relatable and likable characters. The banter was surprisingly wickedly funny and I did enjoy the story. If you are fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han books this will be right up your alley. A full review can be found on my goodreads page - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57917085

Such a sweet read. I must say at first I wasn’t that captivated with the story but after the first 50 pages I was hooked. I loved it and I was so sad that it ended because I didn’t want to stop reading about the characters

I. Love. This. Book. I originally read it years ago on Wattpad when it was still being posted chapter by chapter and I loved reading this new, polished version just as much. One thing I absolutely love about this book is the characters. Waverly is our main character and she is so awkward and relatable that I knew exactly why she was feeling the things she did throughout the book. Then we have our wonderful, brooding Blake who has family issues to work through while also making the reader fall head over heels for him. Then we have everyone else. Our amazing friend group reminded me so much of my own and made me want to give them all a hug. Aunt Rachel is so fabulous and made me want to move to a beach town to be a freelance artist for a living. And that's only scratching the surface of my favorite people from this book. Also, I really enjoyed this plot. It was interesting, moved at a great pace, and had made sure we saw enough of each character to love them. My one complaint about it comes at the very end of the book. This is slightly spoilery so you've been warned. Once Waverly and Blake become a thing, we did ever have a problem come up in their relationship. There's a small issue, but there's nothing that makes them mad at each other, or makes them have to break up and get back together. I was hoping for that tension and it never came. I also would have liked to see more of Blake teaching Waverly how to swim because it just kinda disappeared around 3/4 of the way through the book, but I'll deal. Overall though, I love this book. I've already pre-ordered it and plan to re-read it many times over. 4.5 stars!!!

**Received this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. First off, I read this book in grade 7 maybe (?) on Wattpad and I was so excited when I received the ARC! Usually, re-reading my old fav Wattpad books doesn't hit the same, but this definitely did. Float is a summer slow-burn romance, fluff and easy read! The book was edited well, the writing was decent (especially for a YA Wattpad book) and I enjoyed following Waverly's journey. She was so easy to like and relate to, especially to my younger self lol. One of my favourite aspects of (YA) books is when the MC is in a new environment because we learn everything as they do, and this book had that. I also loved the boy-next-door troupe. A couple of things: - Many elements of the book were left up to interpretation and assumption, like her swimming lessons (?) - Not a lot of realism, but who really reads romance books for that Can't wait to see the film adaptation!

𝘍𝘓𝘖𝘈𝘛 is a true coming of age tale and an utterly adorable summer read full of warm romance and friendship-centric subplots and numerous laugh-out-loud moments perfect for fans Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han. The author introduces us to Waverly, an Alaskan teen forced to spend the summer with her aunt in Florida. We start off with her arriving at the airport absolutely drenched, wholly unprepared for the sweltering, sticky monstrosity outside that is commonly referred to as the Floridian weather, but what's not aware of is what lies ahead of her, i.e. a month full of chaos, making friends and maybe even falling in love. - ~ - I wholeheartedly loved Waverly, she's a character you instantaneously connect with as she makes her first appearance. She's awkward, has her moments with self esteem but she also carries a lot of love for the world. For some reason it was refreshing to read a story told through the point of view of an awkward teenager as compared to someone who's sure of themselves (but that's just a personal opinion) The was also a lovely selection of tertiary characters on the sidelines. My favourite being the Fletcher twins, they were hilarious, charming and I was surprisingly invested in their bickering because I never knew what they were going to say next which definitely helped create a funny atmosphere. Ooh also props to the romance, it was very cute and mostly not what I expected because I'm not sorry to admit but I almost expected it to be based on a lie but it wasn't, it was quite ethical and genuine so that's most certainly appreciated. One of the best things about this book is the writing, which was very atmospheric. I felt like I was at the beach with Waverly and her friends, soaking the sun and getting sunburned, could smell the salt air and the sunscreen and feel the uncomfortable sensation of sand in my shoes and also feel the love our little friend group had developed within weeks of getting to know each other. It very well felt like I was right there with Waverly experiencing the hot, humid weather for the first time. (but maybe that's more of an internal longing for summer, considering it's four degrees out at the time of writing this review lol) - ~ - The only hitch, however,  I had with this book, which led to me taking a few points off was the lack of clarity regarding some scenes and also I desperately wished for an epilogue because that ending wasn't really satisfying but regardless the overall plot was cute and I'd definitely recommend it. 3.92/5✩ 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘱𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 & 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘐 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 & 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘥. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘯.

Going into this I thought it’s just be a really sappy corny cheeseball of a teenage summer romance and well it was but it was also a lot more than that. If you liked reading Sarah Dessen books growing up and some To All the Boys I Loved Before vibes you’ll enjoy this book. While it may not be a book I would initially go for at my age, this book was super cute and definitely a book I would’ve read and been obsessed over in high school. I also had no idea that this was written forever ago as fanfiction but has recently been published.

I had the pleasure of first reading this book on wattpad, and it's just as funny and sweet as I remember it. 10/10 would recommend. I'm looking forward to more from Kate Marchant!

I'm not crying, you're crying. This was a fast paced contemporary beach read about family and the family-like bonds we make throughout our life. Perfect for the summer, and lazy days by the water, this book had me hooked until the final pages. This was an addictive read, keeping me stuck in the same spot for nearly two hours before, to my dismay, I remembered I was sitting in my room on a cold winters day and not vacationing to a beach-side town in the middle of a hot summer. I loved the characters and their relationships and all the details the author put into this book. I can't think of any critiques, and I just know once this comes out I will buy it and read it over and over again, because I can see this becoming a comfort read. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends and i think this book deserves all the praise its gotten and all the praise it will get. I have high hopes for not only where this book will go, but also with what this author will do next.

Float is a charming story about a seventeen-year-old girl from Alaska spending her summer completely out of her element in Florida. Awkward and always mediocre-at-best, Waverly feels like a disappointment to her divorced parents, and wants to stay out of their way (and finally spend a summer NOT in the Arctic). She wants to reinvent herself, make friends, and have some "typical" teenage experiences. Waverly eventually realizes that she doesn't need to reinvent herself, she just gets to know herself better and becomes a more confident, stronger version of the person she already is. I really enjoyed all of the characters, especially her friends the Fletcher twins. There are several characters who Waverly initially judges, and then finds out they have a very different story from what she assumed. I liked the plot because although it was a bit predictable, there were still surprises in how things unfolded. The story was amusing and kept me entertained. If you are looking for an engulfing summery escape and enjoy teen/ya books, I would definitely recommend this one!

The cover. Stunning, The setting. Wonderful. The characters. Adorable The cover. Stunning. The romance. Swoony. The plot. There. The cover. Stunning. The cover. STUNNING. THE COVER. STUNNING.

What a fun and warm YA read! This delightful book will bring back memories of warm summer romances and will be an excellent pick for fans of Jenny Han.

Thanks to NetGalley for the e-arc in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this teen-centric beach read. It felt like a very authentic representation of teen awkwardness, self-deprecation, and innocence, and as I read the acknowledgements, I can see why, The author began this book when she was 15 years old. I think teens will relate to this youthful voice and the sweet coming-of-age story of Waverly as she attempts to transform herself in a Florida beach town. The problems I had with the plot were the redeeming qualities of Waverly, if any. She was awkward, and shy, but tried to cover with being rude and surly to the boy she liked! She seemed to always need rescuing, but I did appreciate her growth as the story went on by providing support to her boyfriend and friends. I think this will be appreciated by teens who want to read about first loves and friendships that they can relate to.

Float is one the best YA contemporary books I've read in a long time! It's charming in a sweet refreshing way. You fall in love with the characters instantly and by the end of the story they feel like friends. Waverly had never really felt like she's belonged, as a kid of divorced parents she's constantly bouncing back and forth. She gets to spend her summer in Florida with her Aunt Rachel and it's a chance for her to find herself. (Also Aunt Rachel is delight. I LOVE HER. Seriously give me an Aunt Rachel spin off.) Anyway Waverly finds her self hanging with seriously cute boy next door and his friends group. She finally finds her place only to have to go home a few weeks later. I love everything about this charming book! Float is the perfect pool or beach read!

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This book is well written and the characters are described well. This book is fast paced. I absolutely adored Waverly, Lena character. This book is set between Florida and Alaska. The relationships and friendships in this book is great. I can't wait to read more books by this author. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone. This book is in stores for $11.99 (USD).

I read this book when it was written on Wattpad before the revamp. And you know that I greek out when I found out that this book was going to be revamp and publish into the world. Waverly kind of rolls with the punches when she goes to her Aunt for summer vacation. She is used to going back and forth with her divorced parents. What she did not expect is start falling for her next-door-neighbor, Blake. I still fell in love with this book after so many years. It's such a cute YA romance story to read. Perfect romance story to read for beginner.