Float

Pub Date 22 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Float #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Coming from the tundra of the north, the beach culture isn’t exactly Waverly’s forte. The sun may just be her mortal enemy, and her vibe is decidedly not chill. To top it off? Her ability to swim is nonexistent.

Enter Blake, the (superhot) boy next door. Charming and sweet, he welcomes Waverly into his circle. For the first time in her life, Waverly has friends, a social life, and soon enough,
feelings . . . for Blake. As the two grow closer, Waverly’s fortunes begin to look up. But every summer must come to an end, and letting go is hardest when you’ve finally found where you belong.

ISBN 9781989365977

Send To Kindle (PDF)

What a delightful book. The main character gets a change of scenery Anna change your perspective. I absolutely loved this story.

Thank you so much Wattpad Books and NetGalley for this wonderful ebook! Float by Kate Marchant has to be one of the greatest YA novels I've read all month! SO FREAKING GOOD! Kate has a way with words which just captures you and keeps you hooked till you've read the entire thing. Freaking devoured this book! Float is a young adult novel with spectacular writing and pace. Kate did an amazing job with this book and I loved it. The characters I couldn't help but fall in love with! The writing was freaking on point! I thought this book was refreshing and there were plenty of times that I had that stupid smile on my face because of how lovey the characters were. Amazing story! Five Star Book All Day Long! Thank you again for the opportunity to read this novel!

I read FLOAT on Wattpad when it first came out and I absolutely loved it. I can still remember getting excited over the updates, it was easily one of my favorite books on the platform. It only makes sense that I still love it in its absolute final draft! Blake is to this day one of my favorite book boyfriends and Waverly is such a great protagonist. The book was funny, emotional, and all of the things. I love love love it! Thanks to Wattpad Books for giving me the opportunity to read the final version! :)

This was a charming YA! I found the setting really well written and I thought the characters were cute. I would recommend this to fans of Sarah Dessen. Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

'Float' is a novel about 17-year-old Waverly from Alaska who comes to visit her aunt living near the Atlantic Ocean. Waverly wants this holiday to be her new start, she wants to reinvent herself among new people in a completely new place. Back in Alaska she went to a private school and she didn't really have any friends, she was mostly doing her homework and reading books or following her academically successful and very much divorced parents. Now she has to face a really pissed off and unfortunately also really handsome neighbour Blake and the lack of swimming skills. But hey, she makes great friends with Alissa, Lena and her twin brother Jesse, and... it also turns out that Blake is not so bad after all. I really liked reading this book, I read it almost at one go, and I simply love all the books with surfing in them. If there were more funny / LOL scenes or dialogues I would totally give it a five star review. Thank you Wattpad and NetGalley for allowing me to read it as an advanced copy way before the publication date!

This body-positive story is everything I needed. Full of characters who you will love to meet and a story that is both emotional and gripping at the same time.

Float is Marchant’s debut novel and honestly, it couldn’t have come at a better time. Lately, I have been longing for a sweet and age appropriate new YA novel, and almost everything I pick up has been either too mature or completely toxic (see my post on Punk 57) for a YA audience. Float was SO unbelievably refreshing. This was a cute, quirky and innocent read. I loved the world Marchant created in small town Florida; there has been a trend towards dark and disturbing teenage novels (think 13 Reasons Why) and it was nice to read about a welcoming and caring group of teens; don’t get me wrong, there were still raging house parties, bitchy moments between girls, underage drinking, realistic teenage language (plenty of fucks were uttered haha), sneaking out and breaking rules, but the friendships and romantic relationships were sweet and age appropriate. Waverly and Blake were adorable; a perfect teen appropriate version of one of my favourite romance tropes, enemies to lovers. Marchant captured the excitement and magic of a first time summer love perfectly. One day I want my daughter to have a summer of self discovery like Waverly had. Honestly, I just really enjoyed this book. It made me feel warm and mushy and I really hope that this isn’t the last we heard from this rag tag group of friends - I would LOVE to read about Alissa and Jesse, for example! Fans of Jenny Han (TATBILB and TSITP) will absolutely love this book. It is currently in the production phase and being turned into a movie (I do have questions as to why they cast a 33 year old as the 17 year old teenage heartthrob Blake... but 🤷🏼‍♀️).

I really enjoyed this title and highly recommend. I feel this will make an excellent addition to anyone’s book collection. Please be sure to go and pick this one up!

I really liked this one! I always love summer themed YA fiction and this was supposed to have the vibe of a Sarah Dessen/Jenny Hahn book. I absolutely love anything by Jenny Hahn. To All the Boys is my life so I definitely knew I wanted to pick this one up! The premise states Description A heartfelt summer read for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han about holding on and letting go. Waverly Lyons has been caught in the middle of her parents’ divorce for as long as she can remember. This summer, the battle rages over who she’ll spend her vacation with, and when Waverly’s options are shot down, it’s bye-bye Fairbanks, Alaska and hello Holden, Florida to stay with her aunt.. This is a cute fish out of water story with a romantic element as well! it’s about that time in your life when anything is possible. I really enjoyed the way it was written. It would make a cute Netflix movie and I hope to read more by this author in the future.

Float is the story of Alaska based Waverly, who is travelling to Florida to visit her aunt for the summer. Struggling with her parents divorce, a lack of direction, and a feeling of not belonging, Waverly is looking forward to a fresh start. She soon finds a job, friends, and a potential love interest in (and not to mention much needed swimming lessons from) her neighbor Blake, and Waverly may find herself wishing that her Florida visit wasn't only for the summer. I really needed a good YA novel in my life, and Float was a fantastic fit that quickly moved up my tbr list. Waverly is a great main character in Float, and for this being a relatively lighthearted read I found her to have a good amount of depth with everything she struggles with in her life in Alaska. She finds a group that helps give her a sense of belonging, and her aunt provides the family love that she needs. Her romance with Blake is sweet, innocent, and age appropriate, and it added a nice touch to the story. Float is the kind of story I look for in a YA novel and I really enjoyed reading this book. Thanks to Netgalley and Wattpad Books for this ARC; this is my honest and voluntary review.

As soon as I saw the cover for this title, I knew I needed to read it! Float by Kate Marchant is such a cute, addicting YA novel. Similar to Waverly, I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet so I read this in September and had an absolute blast. I thought the pace/tone was just right, the writing was beautiful and I enjoyed getting invested in the characters and wondering how things would turn out for each and every one of them in the end. This book just reiterated that coming-of-age stories will always be one of my go-to's! Thank you to Wattpad Books and NetGalley for this ebook.

I’m so excited that this book is going to be turned into a movie!! I adored the premise and the characters. Everything about this book just screams NOSTALGIA.

I remember reading Float when the author was still uploading this story chapter by chapter, week by week and I enjoyed it so much. So when I saw that it was actually being published and also being turned into a film starring Robbie Amell, I was even more excited. Say what you will about Wattpad books but it's given a platform to so many writers and is certainly a non traditional publishing experience which is pretty cool. Okay so on to the review! I feel like this new published version of Float is definitely a lot better in terms of quality and the overall storyline. I feel like a lot of the details have been fine tuned to make for a more coherent story and because I read the original so long ago - there were some key things I felt like I was discovering all over again. I especially liked the found family element in the book and reading how Waverley, Alissa, Blake, Jesse and Lena become so close and find their place in the world with each other was so wholesome. I also appreciated the exploration of having neglectful or emotionally abusive parents and how the characters navigate this and get through it all together and find common ground. The romance was sweet if predictable but still cute. Float is an easy read, and it won't take long to get through so makes for a great holiday read or a book to pick up over the course of an evening when you're craving some sea, sun and summer antics.

This YA Contemporary read will appeal to many, with its family-centered themes and moody teenagers trying to make the best of situations created by their parents. I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s.

The perfect YA Summer Book. I think it will resinate with fans of Dessen, West, and Matson for sure. All around a great theme with two teens trying to understand their parent's ways of parenting. The social awkwardness, fun adventures, and great friendships that come with being a teen. I'm totally not sitting here reminising on my teen years... wishing I had someone with a nice body to teach me how to swim... Nope, definitely not.

This book was everything. It's been a long time since I've read something that I couldn't put down. Float was addicting, what a great debut novel by Kate Merchant. Definitely the beginning of a great author to be addicted to. This book follows Waverley, a girl from Alaska ready for a change in her life as she goes to spend the summer with her aunt and away from her parents and boring life that consists of friends that really aren't friends at all. Dieing her summer in Holden FL she learns to be herself and let go. Waverly dings herself in this small town and finds that she does matter and she can be herself. With new friends and a very adorable new neighbor she lives life and even if she gets herself in some crazy situations it was a journey I was happy to experience. This was a must read and very much recommended for all. This had all the right feels from beginning to end you felt connected with the main characters and the new people in her life. I loved everything about this book and can't wait to jump in another hornet with this author.

This was such an adorable book! While I didn't come into it with the highest of expectations, Float definitely blew me away. I love the grumpy boy and bubbly new girl trope, and this definitely delivered. Blake and Waverly are that high school couple that everyone would be confused as hell as to how they got together and why they work, but they just do.