Josefine

Shadows of the Witch

Pub Date 09 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2022

My grandma is one of the last true masters of witchcraft.  I'm nothing. Yet someone thinks I'm too dangerous to live…

Josefine comes from a prestigious line of witches, but she's never possessed so much as a breath of magical ability. Nevertheless, life in her sleepy German town is peaceful, and working in her grandmother’s herbal remedy store keeps Josefine happy.

But then her grandmother is killed in a merciless vampire attack. Wounded and alone, Josefine finds herself the target of a relentless pursuit. Each day is a battle to survive, so when one of the most powerful and dangerous vampires alive unexpectedly offers his help, a skeptical Josefine is left with no choice but to accept.

Lucius is not only as handsome as the devil, but he’s also as mysterious as the night is dark. The dashing vampire couldn’t care less that Josefine’s hostility for him is transforming into a fiery passion, and yet, she needs him more than ever.

The catastrophic secret surrounding her grandmother’s death will not only alter the course of Josefine's life forever, but the future of every soul on earth…

Josefine comes from a prestigious line of witches, but she's never possessed...

PRICE

If you're looking for a great adventure with a relatable main character, LOOK NO FURTHER! Josefine comes from a long line of witches; however, her own powers have yet to manifest, if ever. Regardless, she has found peace and a good life living under the roof of her grandmother, one of the oldest and wisest of witches. However, tragedy strikes and "Fin" is forced to flee her home and on a journey she could have never expected with the least likely of companions with a deadly vampire hot on her trail! whew, this book is a good one! I was immediately sucked into Josefine's world. The imagery is vivid. The lore and way of life is detailed but simple enough for even us mere mortals can understand. Fin is a great main character. She is relatable and the love she has for her close knit family can be felt in each page. She is fierce and a little naïve but someone everyone can root for from start to finish. All of the characters are fleshed out. Those supportive of Fin are easy to like and nuanced in their own way, even the Raven. The villains are ruthless and complicated, which makes for an even better read. The plot is fascinating and easily digestible. There is a level of mystery of in the story that makes it easy to keep going because who the heck is Fin really!? The adventure she embarks on is dangerous and it could lead one way or the other but it hooks the reader in! The pacing is wonderful in that just when you think everything is calm, something happens! Also there is a HINT of a possible romance and I'M READY FOR IT. Just really great story telling. There's nothing I didn't like about this one! Can't wait for book 2!