A Killer Secret

Pub Date 27 Dec 2019 | Archive Date 02 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AKillerSecret #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Would you kill to keep a secret?

Everyone has secrets.

Some are just darker than others.

And some, well, they're worth killing to keep.

Would you kill to keep a secret?

A...

Advance Praise

"""Absolute page turner, thoroughly enjoyed it and did not anticipate that neck breaking twist at the end.""

""This novel was intense, beautifully written and well plotted.""

""We are each a blend of light of dark attributes and Berney captures the internal struggle that we all face, along with our self delusions, that makes his characters deep and complex. I loved and hated them all.""

""Wow. I literally could not put this book down. I was shocked by the ending, and I want to read again just to make sense of it all.""

""Jeff Berney knows how to craft a suspense story that is as compelling as any Alfred Hitchcock could have shaped."""

""This novel was intense, beautifully written and well plotted.""

""We are each a blend of...

Summary: Two families with overbearing and controlling husband’s find both wife’s looking to escape there power. In the middle is a young son who looks for revenge against his father for all the lies he’s created. Comments: Rouda again brings out the crazy in crazy and excels masterfully at it. She hooks the reader fast.

Such a good read that is full of tension and atmosphere that grips you right from the start. I couldnt stop reading

BooksGoSocial thank you for this ebook copy! A Killer Secret by Berney is such a fabulous thriller! I was hooked from the very first page. This was one of those books I couldn’t wait to finish because I had to know how it ended, but I was also devastated because I wanted to keep reading. Like a ride that you didn't want to get off of! This book sucked me in at page one and kept me turning the pages. This psychological thriller was full of mystery, suspense, and twists and turns! The writing was done so well! And I can't wait to see what he comes up with next! Thanks again NetGalley, Publisher and Author for the chance to read and review this amazing book! I'll post to my Social media platforms closer to pub date!

Would you kill to keep a secret? That's the question haunting three people whose lives become inescapably intertwined by the secrets that define them and ultimately threaten to tear them apart. A disgraced professor, a disenchanted psychologist, and a deceitful patient are about to learn more than they expected about each other and themselves. Will their relationships survive their secrets? Will they? Everyone has secrets. Some are just darker than others. And some, well, they're worth killing to keep. I really enjoyed this twisty thriller. I think the author has given us an insight to something no one really thinks about. Very well written plot and story line that keeps you engaged from the start. The world building is excellent and helps bring all this together. I look forward to reading more from this up and coming author. Recommend reading highly. I was provided an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher. This is my own honest voluntary review.

It took me a few pages to get into this book but..once I did I couldnt put it down. A mindblowing tnriller to the very last page.

Thank you Netgalley, BooksGoSocial, and Author Jeff Berney I wasn't immediately hooked. In fact, it took me a few chapters to really get engaged but once I finally did it was an awesome, thrilling ride. So well-written with unexpected twists, I was absolutely dying to find out how it all concluded. It was binge-worthy and wholly satisfying. I'll definitely be returning to this author for more.

I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this book initially but boy, did it prove me wrong lol. Such a captivating storyline and really nicely written. There wasn't any character that I found myself rooting for but I was still desperate to know how it all ends. A nice dark and twisty story that will definitely have you wondering

Secrets can run pretty deep. They can also torment you. That’s how it is for Dr. Edie McEvoy, trapped in an endless hell between her own past trauma and her lover Dr. Adrian Hillary. But when Edie takes on a deceitful patient, Timothy Ridle, her world starts spiraling. But everyone has secrets right? The only difference is, would you kill to keep those secrets safe? For a debut book, I just first want to say bravo. It took me a few chapters for me to really get pulled in, but once I did I was hooked. I spent all day, stuck at work, just waiting on the clock so I could finish reading. I think the author did a great job on each character’s personality to create emotions toward each one of them. Edie has a messed up past, and feels trapped. Adrian still dreams of being back in his prime before Edie dragged him down. And Timothy, if anything he says is true, could be a sociopath. I also did not feel like I was left with questions. Everything is revealed in a satisfactory fashion. My only con is the slight twist at very end. Part of didn’t make any sense and I felt like it was not needed. I highly recommend reading A Killler Secret by Jeff Berney!

Brilliantly executed, Jeff Berney is a master at writing believable, relatable, engaging characters. I felt like I was there with them and knew them. Secrets threaten to destroy all who keep them in this tightly written, unputdownable thriller...and all who are in their path. I hated for it to end but I couldn't stop reading! Thank you to the publisher for gifting me a copy. It is my pleasure to write an honest review.

A psychologist out of control, her partner a control freak and a patient who ends up controlling everything. An interesting thought provoking first novel that keeps you guessing until the last page.

At first, it was a little slow for me but I hung in there after checking others reviews. So glad I did. It really starts picking up. You may not like the characters but this isn't Mary Poppins, is it? Give it a chance. You'll be happy you did. Will definitely read more from this author.