I Wrote This for You: Please Listen

Narrated by Iain S. Thomas

Pub Date 17 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 09 Nov 2021
Andrews McMeel Audio, Andrews McMeel Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #IWroteThisforYou #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Started as an online multimedia project in 2007, I Wrote This For You became an acclaimed poetry collection of hauntingly beautiful words and emotion that's unique to each person who reads it. This never-before released audio edition is narrated by the author.

I Wrote This For You: Please Listen focuses on a different facet of life, love, loss, beginnings and endings. This audio project inspired by the original book weaves the poetry into a never-before heard holistic narrative.

"I need you to understand something. I wrote this for you. I wrote this for you and only you. Everyone else who reads it, doesn't get it."

EDITION Audiobook

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)

Absolutely love Iain S. Thomas" poetry and this book is no different. Listening to his soothing voice in this audiobook feels as though he is speaking directly to the listener and somehow it soothes your soul. There is great comfort and solace in all of his words. Thank you for the ARC of this audiobook. #IWroteThisforYou #NetGalley.

This is a poem about someone who keeps reincarnating and meeting the person they love over and over again. They tried to tell the person but the person won't believe them. They feel like chances are slimming so... "So this time I'm writing everything down And I am recording everything because even if I fail, even if I finally go and don't come back I want there to be something you can still find" "I wrote this for you. I wrote this for you and only you. Everyone else who reads it doesn't get it." The author was right but when you do understand the poem, it hits home. It's wonderful that the concept is reincarnation and meeting the same and new people. I embrace how life, love, loss, beginnings, and endings were for each poem. I ponder that maybe some of the poems that I did not understand are because I still have a lifetime to experience those, not now but someday. And the lessons I will get from those are a lesson that will be with me forever. The author, Iain S. Thomas, made a great job narrating his own book. The pause, speed, and voice are a fit.

I had read this years ago and I guess it didn’t really make an impact since I didn’t remember it when I downloaded the audio. This time around I found it at the exact moment I needed it and so glad I did. A lot of it resonated with me and I enjoyed the way it was narrated. Thank you to #netgalley for the opportunity to listen to this audio recording of #iwrotethisforyou

This hauntingly beautiful collection narrated by the author moved me to tears on a number of occasions. Each poem feels deeply personal for both reader/listener and author/narrator. While I'm sure this work is an absolute treat to read as a printed collection, the audio version provides an emotional tone conveyed incredibly by the author. The background score, punctuated by poignant silence, is perfectly executed and augments the work wonderfully. This is an easy five star collection for me, I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who loves poetry, anyone who appreciates introspection, anyone who had every loved or lost, or anyone who just needs a good cry.

Oh. My. Heart! For heaven’s sake! After listening to this book, I’ve determined that Romeo is an amateur and his talent is minimal next to this poet. Ian Thomas writes and reads his own poetry, His voice is so pleasant, his emotion so real, his despair whispered in shades of hope. “I Wrote This for You’, is narrated by him with such incredible feeling, the listener can not be helped but pulled in - absolutely immersed and lost in his words - I lost track of how many times I was in awe, completely captivated in his words. The unique emotions expressed are magnified with sound effects of camera clicks and rain, soft music and an occasional song that gently stirs the listener’s soul creating a photographic magic journey that will engage your senses. A journey completely new and foreign to me. This poetry is raw and beautiful - it explores the deepest caverns of the mind, alongside the feelings that are trapped in the abyss of the heart. This is a love letter written to the one who loves and feel deeply. I only wish the book cover would have been as beautiful as the words of this book, but the disappointment in cover choice will not sway my rating of this being 5 Star ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ GOLD and earning a place on my favorites shelf. A huge thank you to NetGalley, the Publisher, and Ian Thomas for such an AAC in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own.

This audiobook was just perfect! I had only read one other book by this author before, but I had really enjoyed it, so when I saw that this audiobook was available, I requested it immediately. It was every thing I thought it would be, and more. Listening to this audiobook is an all-around unique experience. Not only is the author’s writing beautiful and relatable at so many levels, but there is also this wonderful and ethereal atmosphere, defined by the lovely musical pieces presented throughout the book, which transports us (as the reader) to this other reality, where the authors words gain much more meaning. This was only the second work by Iain S. Thomas that I have read/listened to, but I can say that it will not be the last one. For everyone that is still undecided about listening to this audiobook, take this as a sign that you should definitely do so! Thank you to NetGalley, Andrews McMeel Audio and Iain S. Thomas for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!