Gone But Not Forgotten

PK & Lt. Carson

Pub Date 15 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 15 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #GoneButNotForgotten #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Officer Bob Carson, a rookie police officer in a small California town, discovers a young woman's body minutes after her murder, and he might have seen the truck involved in the incident. The case becomes an obsession, with Bob wondering if he could have prevented the brutal crime. He follows clues wherever he can find them, even as he advances his career with other police agencies.

When a similar case happens in California, as well as others around the country, Bob identifies a suspect - a long-haul trucker. As he closes in, the suspect vanishes and another trucker similar in appearance is murdered. Bob knows this cannot be a coincidence. The trail leads to a showdown on a rainy day in Portland, Oregon. But can Bob bring the cold-blooded killer to justice and wrap up the case that has haunted him for years?

EDITION Ebook

Good book! This book had suspense, intrigue, action, and a great who done it! I really liked how they got into the life of a police officer, it was a little bit of the inner workings of police life! That's what I took from it?! I will definitely recommend reading this book! Its well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

As a police procedural, this is a great book. The very interesting main story, interspersed with other cases, is excellent. I also enjoyed the longer timespan of the story. I feel that the book gives a very realistic portrayal of police work. There was also a little fun banter between characters but the book probably could have used more. To me, the largest flaw of the book is the romance, in which the relationship between the respective characters was cloying. I understand that the dialog reflects how people actually think and feel, but there was too much of it, and it disrupted the pacing of the book. I also didn’t feel that character development in the book was good enough to make the involved characters likable enough for me to care. By the end of the book, I was skipping over all the romance situations. Overall though, I enjoyed the book. Thank you to Netgalley and The Wild Rose Press, Inc for the advance reader copy.