Finding Grace

Pub Date 12 Apr 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #FindingGrace #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Somebody’s coming

California: Twelve-year-old Melanie has been in foster care her whole life, moving from home to home—unloved and unwanted. And although she has found relative contentment with her current foster parents, Melanie harbors a secret that, if discovered, would blow her world apart. Someone talks to Melanie, a presence no one else can see or hear, and this presence has a message for her: something bad is about to happen.

New York: After years of battling with her troubled, unpredictable mother, Louise has managed to find peace in her solitary existence. Until the day Grace crashes back into her life and entreats Louise to help her save a child from imminent danger. Unwilling to get caught up in her mother’s madness, Louise resists. But she realizes the only way to be rid of Grace once and for all is to play along.

Louise and Grace set off across America in search of Melanie, driven by Grace’s firm belief that they have to get there before the bad thing happens. To do that, Louise must first come to understand and trust her mother. But after a lifetime of pain and dysfunction, can the two finally heal old wounds in order to save one young girl?

Somebody’s coming

EDITION Hardcover

Send To Kindle (PDF)

FINDING GRACE is an excellent thriller, as well as a commentary on motherhood, daughterhood and mental illness. when Louise's mother, Grace, is found half-naked on the George Washington bridge, singing Pearl Jam at the top of her lungs, Louise is angry and frustrating. Her whole life, her mother has turned up at inconvenient times, embarrassing her, and vanishing when she need her most. Louise is done. But Grace is not. Grace has a plan and Louise is going to help her with it. Well-written, great characters and a marvelous plot, FINDING GRACE kept me reading way past bedtime. Fan of Lisa Unger will love this book.

Thank you very much Blackstone Publishing for this incredible eARC! You have no clue how much I've been wanting to read this! The cover honestly caught my attention 😍 Janis Thomas is such a damn good writer! She can suck a reader in, in a matter of minutes. This is an incredibly well-told story that hooked me. A story about determination, not giving up hope and finding out who you really are! In California We have twelve-year-old Melanie who's been in foster care her entire life. She holds a big secret one that if was ever to be discovered it would turn her world upside down! She talks to someone but other people can't see or hear that someone.... because it's a presence and this presence has a message for her.... SOMETHING BAD IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN! Over in New York we have Louise Who has been dealing with her unreliable troubled mother. One day outta no where Grace shows back up in Louise's life and begs her to help her save a child from danger. She says no at first but she realizes the only way to get Grace outta her life is to follow along. Louise and Grace set off across America in search of Melanie, Before bad things start to happen! Can Louise trust her mother after the pain and hurt she has put her through? Will they be able to patch things up in order to save a young girl? I was captivated from the first page. The story telling is something amazing and I couldn't look away until I finished "one more chapter" and before I knew it..... Halfway through the book! That's how captivating this book is. Its remarkable really! The story is told in a way that kept my interest piqued. ⭐Five star read for sure⭐ Thank you so much for this opportunity to read this remarkable story! I will post to my platforms closer to pub date! And cross post!