The Provider Cookbook

Fish and Game Recipes for Eating Wild and Living Off the Land

Pub Date 09 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 03 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheProviderCookbook #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Innovative wild game, fish, and fowl recipes for modern-day Providers: those who hunt, garden, cook, and live off the land

In our modern ways of cooking and eating, we’ve gotten out of touch with Mother Nature. Those who hunt, fish, and enjoy wild game know that we should always respect and cherish our food and where it comes from.

For hunter/chef Chad Belding and MMA star Chad Mendes, hunting and ethical farming are crucial ways to reinforce our connection to nature. In The Provider Cookbook, Belding and Mendes share recipes and stories to celebrate this way of life and keep it alive for generations to come. Here you’ll find everything from comfort-food classics to more refined cuisine, including:

Wild Game Stroganoff
   Pulled Goose Barbecue Sandwiches
   Seared Tuna Medallions
   Cajun Fried Catfish Sandwiches
   Brian’s Coconut Curry Halibut

They also share tips for properly storing food, plus recipes for domestic meats and their favorite vegetable sides and sauces. Accompanied by gorgeous food and landscape photography, the recipes and stories in The Provider Cookbook will take you on a journey from field and farm to table.

In our modern ways of cooking and eating, we’ve gotten out of touch with...

Great book! I'm going to get one for dad, he loves hunting and preparing his food. This book has lots of good information about hunting and how to prepare wild meat. I personally don't eat wild meat but I grew up with my dad preparing it for his friends so I know he would love to try these recipes. The photos are great and the food look very appetizing. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review

Flipped through it and ordered it within 10 minutes of receiving the ARC through NetGalley. Excellent and accessible recipes for hunters. Very much looking forward to sharing this in my rural community library.

What a fantastic cookbook! The two Chad’s serve up some yummy looking game recipes! What did I like? The book follows two hunters and their recipes for game. Delicious looking venison recipes and amazing pictures! This is a great book for the hunter in your family. I loved the serving dishes… very unique looking. The book has cooking tips and butchering help too. It also gives some hunting tips along with hunting pictures. Would I recommend or buy? This would have been a great book for my dad. He was a huge hunter and always butchered his own meat. I wish that they’d have added some canned recipes. Good hunters always prepare meat to save. Maybe a book for the future guys. Otherwise loved it! I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review. Copy I received was read on a tiny screen so I may have not been able to read cover to cover. Still enjoyed it!