The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook

175 Super Easy Recipes Made Just for You

Pub Date 30 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 30 Dec 2021

Have your cake and eat it too without any leftovers or waste with these 175 essential, delicious, and decadent baking recipes perfectly crafted for one.

Baking for one is harder than it may seem. It’s tricky to make sure you have the right measurements and ingredients to recreate a more manageable amount of your favorite treats. The good news is that it’s now possible to prepare single-serving recipes that are full of flavor, easy to make, and economical with The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook.

This cookbook allows you to make fresh, homemade baked goods for one without having an entire cake, dozens of cookies, or a full tray of brownies leftover. Each of the 175 single-serving recipes are quick and simple to make and will save you both time and money. And while the common ingredients can be found in everyone’s pantry, the results are anything but ordinary. From mug cakes to muffin recipes, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious versions of all your favorite desserts, no matter what the occasion.

Whether you live alone or are just searching for the perfect sweet treat, baking solo never needs to be challenging (or overwhelming) again!

Baking for one is harder than it may seem. It’s...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC of The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook. I love love love sweets but portion control and moderation is key to maintaining a healthy weight and eating habits so I'm always looking for ways to bake smaller portions. Not to mention it's time consuming and creates so much waste when you bake large portions of cakes and brownies. I enjoyed nearly all of the recipes in this cookbook, all of my favorites are here, including a few I'd like to try, and there are a couple of recipes that are a bit time consuming but worth it if you're craving a particular dessert. There are also helpful tips and informative tidbits at the end of each recipe about an ingredient or the recipe itself, which I liked. My main caveat is the dearth of photos. It felt like there was a photo for every dozen recipes. I eat with my eyes (as I imagine most people do) and that was disappointing. Overall, this is a great cookbook for anyone, not just singletons, couples, or anyone who just want a few bites of dessert.

Publication date: November 30, 2021 Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review an advanced reader's copy of this book. This in no way affects my review, all opinions are my own. The problem with left-over baking is that it usually is eaten in the middle of the night and shows up on the hips shortly after. At least in my house! This is a great idea and these are wonderful little treats that I can see making in full-batch sizes to take to a book club or family do. The recipes are well written and understandable by bakers of all levels and tI am wishing that I had time to make a perfect sweet treat before going to my parent's for Canadian Thanksgiving in about an hour. As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🥧🧁🍪🍩🎂

As my husband and I have gotten older, we are looking for more and more ways to enjoy our cooking and baking while eating healthier. I no longer want to make huge batches of cookies knowing we could easily devour them ourselves within days, while skipping healthy snacks. Although the title of this baking guide is the Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook, I viewed it from this perspective; a couple looking for recipes to make small quantities of sweet and savory baked goods. Although I could see a single person enjoying the recipes, I saw final baked quantities that could also appeal to a couple - 4 inch cake, 6 cookies, 4 scones, etc. The recipes provide more than enough for two people to share without leftovers. In addition, the recipes use whole ingredients common to the usual pantry such as eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, etc. The first chapter is dedicated to providing tips to get the solo baker prepared for using the recipes. I found these would be especially helpful for a new baker with discussion of baking tools, storage of ingredients and how to measure. The recipes provided include a wide variety of baked items from cookies, to cakes, to dinner rolls, to pies, etc. This collection really meets the needs of the solo or couple baker. As a baker of many years, I looked for small signs of quality in the recipes, and saw them throughout. For example, the use of vanilla bean paste in custards, buttermilk in biscuits, and cream of tartar in snickerdoodles. I would have liked to see an option for lard in pie crusts, but that is a personal preference. Two things prevent me from giving this cookbook a full five star rating. Cookbooks today compete against the prevalence of online recipes. Each recipe found online will have at least one photo showing the final product. Many have photos of the steps, some even include videos showing the preparation. A cookbook, in my thinking, should at least show a photo with each recipe, and that is not available in The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook. The book has great potential as a gift, but the photos would truly make it an ultimate cookbook. Secondly, and less importantly, I would like to see some thought in including alternative baking pans reusing cans from canned foods. This would be a nod to today’s ecologically minded cook. The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook offers a valuable addition to the home bakers shelf, filling a need in our health minded society for the baked goods we crave in small quantities to prevent overindulgence.

I was a little skeptical about whether or not I’d like this book when I first started it, but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! My original thoughts were that it’s all the work of baking with less of a reward, but I must say that after having gone through it, I just don’t think that true. You get the reward of baking, but you don’t have to deal with the negative side effects that come from baking too much (ie. wasting or over-eating). Frankly, I wish I had this book during the peak of covid when I was wanting to bake all the time but couldn’t justify adding more desserts to the stack I already had. This book comes with the added benefit of not forcing you to a) overeat or b) stuff yourself too quickly because the baked goods don’t last very long and that’s actually a really great reality. The book itself is packed with recipes and is broken down into similar types of baking which makes it relatively easy to navigate. The recipes themselves yield more than enough for one without over-doing it. The cookie recipes yield 6, the cakes are usually made for 4” rounds, the breads and rolls typically yield 4, the pies are usually 6”, and the muffins should make 4. Additionally, amidst the large array of recipes are lots of substitutions, variations, and baking tips that make this book really user friendly as well (something I REALLY appreciate about it). All that being said, this book is definitely not for everyone. If you typically have no problem finishing or sharing your baked goods before they go bad, then carry on as you are. Also, if you’re the type of person who wants a picture with every recipe this book might not be for you either, because (at least at present) there aren’t that many. However, if you’re like me and just enjoy the process of cooking and trying new things but can’t finish it all, this book is actually a life saver (plus because if we’re honest, it’s way too much work to half a usually recipe). Or if you just want to bake without the temptation of indulging too far, this book is also perfect. It almost takes the guilt out of baking because you know you’re not about to over-do it by the end of it all. Frankly, while I was super skeptical about this book initially, I’m really excited to start using it because it means I can get into the kitchen without over doing what I consume and that leaves me with more space to try new things as well! Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for an advanced reader e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

While I cook for two, I often share recipes with my daughter, who cooks for one. She enjoys cooking and finds that freezing leftovers is good for when she's in a time crunch, but she truly enjoys a fresh cooked meal and no leftovers...this book is going to be one of her Christmas gifts this year so she can get more comfortable with making single servings and extend her repertoire. This is a great book for anyone who enjoys cooking and doesn't want to cook for more than themselves. Sure, you could pare down a recipe, but when you're in the moment, you probably don't want to play around with a recipe and get down to eating!

I was keen to take a look at The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook because, with a household of just two, I do find that, although we would sometimes like to bake something tasty for a treat, we are often put off by the fact that we will then have to eat so much to avoid wastage, after which we feel guilty for the over-indulgence. This book does indeed offer some wonderful options, both for single-serve treats and for small batches of four to six when it comes to things like muffins and brownies. This will definitely be of help to anyone who would like to bake in smaller batches but who worries about revising the ingredient measurements themselves. I would definitely like to give some of the recipes a try. The only small negative comment I have is that quite a few of the recipes still involved a fairly lengthy list of ingredients and/or a lengthy cooking time. I might have also liked to see a selection of super-quick options that required fewer ingredients too as, although I'd be happy to avoid wastage, at the same time, I would balk at spending over an hour preparing something just as a single serve for one-two people. I guess it's a question of balance, and of how much time you have to spare. But definitely, if you'd like the opportunity to make delicious treats in smaller batches, do check out The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook.

I am so going to buy this book when it is published! This is a super idea if you are on your own or with just the two of you. I've banned my husband from baking, because we simply can't leave the goods alone if they don't disappear immediately. Baking for one or two will allow us to have a treat once in a while with few or no leftovers. The instructions seem to be easy to follow, and you will find many of your favourite recipes for cookies, cakes, rolls, muffins, pies and puddings. Can't wait to get my hands on this cookbook!

This book is magic! As an empty nester, sometimes you want a little something without having to worry about leftovers or pulling out giant mixing bowls. The author has scaled these recipes to feed one or two. You Could easily double for a larger portion. Everything from cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, breads and even pretzels are there for the baking. A super fun book with a lot of simple recipes to try!

4.5 stars. This is awesome! This is no phoned-in set of mug cakes (though there are several appealing-sounding mug and microwave dessert options) but rather a robust and varied collection of delicious treats. There is an ample savory section including various breads (quick and yeast) and quiches, as well as cookies, pies, cakes, tarts, puddings, and muffins! Most recipes could be stretched to feed two if you're feeling generous, but are perfect for one decadent serving as well. I would have loved more pictures (roughly every 4-5 recipes has a photo) and also would have liked to have weights for dry ingredients, but on the whole this is fantastic and I can't wait to try so many of these! This would be a great gift for teens, young adults, and even empty-nesters who still have a sweet tooth but need smaller options. Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

I like to bake and I don't always need or want a lot of something sweet lying around. This is the perfect book for someone that lives alone and enjoys cooking or for someone that just needs a little something sweet from time to time. The cookbook gives tips for baking for one. and really just baking in general. There's a list of tools you might need and pantry staples you will need. The cookbook starts with my favorite; cookies. Who doesn't love a nice warm cookie but you don't always need 2 dozen when one or two is all you really want. There's chocolate chip, sugar and even those great no bake chocolate ones. I need this recipe! All the classics are included. There's a section with all the classic brownie recipes; including turtle brownies, blondies, and brownies with icing. Cakes and cheesecakes that makes you want to run to the kitchen and get started. Several of the cake recipes are for mug cakes that are really easy to make. Then the bread chapter. There is nothing better than fresh baked bread smell. But who needs a whole loaf? Now you can make bread, rolls and cinnamon rolls that only makes 3 or 4. This cookbook fills a void in the cookbook market; cooking in small batches.

The ultimate baking for one cookbook is a recipe book that I was looking for in a long time as I have always loved baking. But as we are a just a family of two now all the recipes that I come across are made in huge quantities, which after making I have to eat for a long time and get feed up eating.. This book gives you a recipe for one or two which is very nice. After going through the book, I would love that the book had more pictures representing the recipes and also the pictures that are in the book already should be named as to which recipe it represents. Overall a handy recipe book for small families. Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher Adam Media and the Author Kelly Jaggers for the ARC.

So many delicious recipes a fantastic cookbook scaled down for the empty nesters for people who live alone or just two in the home.Say goodbye to large amounts of dirty bowls and still have delicious things to eat.So many recipes I will be baking this is a book I will be gifting to friends who will love baking for one.#netgalley#adamsmedia

This book is a great way to enjoy baking without ending with a lot of servings just for one person. The cookie recipes yield 6 cookies, which is great yet I would probably double it to get the 12 (I like my candy, what can I say!). You get mostly one recipe per page, but most recipes don’t include a picture. The bread yield is for 2-4 loaves mostly, which I really like. The pie yield is one 6’’ which is great to enjoy with the excess of having a larger one. The book also includes muffins, eclairs, cupcakes, among other baked goods. Overall I find it to be a great way to indulge without having to make many servings for just one person. I would have enjoyed it more if each recipe had a picture since I do love seeing the result.

I love a good cookbook and I love being able to cook small (for one or two) and this is a great book for just that purpose. The first section of the book has some great hints and tips to make your cooking a success (even things like avoiding waste and food safety). Then we get into the recipes. My favourite part of any cookbook! Small batch baking, cookies and brownies, two of my favourite things as they are so easy to make and so much fun to share and enjoy. And so it continues to cheesecakes, pies and tarts, breads, muffins and puddings. everything you need to bake in smaller an=mounts so you don't waste anything. This is a yummy sweet treat with just the right amount of baking to meet the needs of one or two people and I can't wait to try all the recipes in this book.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC of this cookbook! What a treat to have so many easy-to-follow recipes sized for one (or two) portions, instead of having to make and store (or eat) full recipe amounts. I’m so excited to try some of the recipes, and I have already preordered my own copy of the book!

I tried a few recipes out of this book and now I don't have to share my creations with people who didn't help bake them! Ha! Just kidding! They're easily customizable and there's some great information in here for beginners.

I love this book, and have already pre-ordered it! I've read other cookbooks scaled down for 1 or 2 people, but have always found them to be lacking. This one hits all the notes for baking. It contains everything from cakes to breads, sweet to savory. I can't wait to add it to my cookbook collection for use when I only need a small amount of something.

The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook is a recipe book specifically designed for the smaller household or for a single person. In todays world where avoiding wastage and looking after your health this is a good idea. Not everyone wants to re-calculate recipes themselves to reduce the quantities and risk getting it wrong. Some of the recipes were simple but some were still a bit complicated with lots of ingredients so I'm not sure everyone looking for an easier life would want to try them all. I would have liked more pictures too. However there was lots of good extra information and the instructions were clear and step by step. A good book that would make a great gift for someone just starting out on their own.

Thank goodness for this book. I was never a fan of baking due to the waste it produces (okay fine, I'm terrible with directions) but once I took it seriously, I learned how to cut recipes to the smallest portion I could for test bakes - my math skills improved thankfully but I'm happy to have The Ultimate Baking for One as a resource guide. I really like the layout and numbered steps along with the interesting tips I haven't come across yet. I'm excited to try the key lime butter cookies and the chocolate layer cake since I'd love to practice even cake decorating but baking a cake for one is a pain in...everywhere. The Japanese Style Strawberry cake...well, maybe I should plan on just trying them all in order to keep my life simple. I'm excited to start baking again.

This is really great for the bachelor sweet tooth in your life. The recipes are great for those who want to choose better ingredients and eat healthier by making baked goods at home rather than buying pre-made sweets like us. We can try new recipes more frequently and it feels like less of a commitment than making two dozen cookies so in case we don't like the recipe, it doesn't seem like a lot of waste! There is also a bit more work that goes into making them so it encourages us to put the work in if we want to the extra hit of sugar. Would highly recommend!

Loved this cookbook!! This book is packed - with recipes, with ideas, with shopping lists, etc. Everything you'll need -- except photos of the baked goods. That was the only disappointment - not enough photos with the recipes. The recipes are fantastic - easy to make and use normal pantry ingredients. Easy to follow receipes! Most make 4-6 servings, instead of the usual 2 dozen cookies or brownie - which was just what I was hoping for. Lots of different items for baking: cookies, cakes, mug cakes, breads, rolls, cookies, pies, etc. So much goodness! Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for a temporary, digital ARC in return for my review.

This bake for one cookbook by Kelly Jaggers contains recipes for baked treats pared down to one or two servings. What a wonderful resource for singles or couples who love delicious sweets, but don't want to sabotage their calorie intake!! I already made the chocolate chip cookies and they were delicious!! 😋

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an advanced copy for review. There’s not much to say about this book. It’s a great guide for beginner bakers. Do you have a kid striking out in his/her own soon? This will a good book for them to have. The recipes are yummy and it helps cut down the ingredients so people are baking for an army

Love, love, love this! I have a small family. It's just me, my son and my husband. And often times we are not on the same page when it comes to noshing. The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook is the perfect solution to bake for one or two of us at a time. In many cases, it's perfect for a serving for each of us! It's not always easy to reduce recipes to yield far fewer servings. Author Kelly Jaggers takes the math out of it for you and provides you with tried and tested yummy recipes! I highly recommend this cookbook!

Last night I finished The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook by Kelly Jaggers. Chock full of delicious recipes, I can’t decide which one to try first! Though the recipes are written for one, many would work as a little treat for two. 🍪 5⭐️ (a rarity for me) for the great variety of easy-to-follow recipes. It’s already in the cart for my next book order for work!

So fun! I have a big family but sometimes you just need a little something sweet. The recipes are simple with ingredients I have on hand often. Also, especially with the cookies, the recipes can be doubled. I wish there were more pictures but the ones that are in the book are beautiful.

Like so many other people, I love baking but struggle with having too many leftovers. This cookbook was a helpful resource for small batch baking, with recipes that are big enough for two people, or one person who doesn't mind having a single serving leftover. I especially enjoyed the pies, tarts and cobblers chapter, which included recipes for pocket pies, which are just the right size for one person, as well as pies baked in a 6" pie pan, which is just big enough for two people.

I would like to thank the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this eBook. As an amateur baker, this book was such a fun and at the same time very useful guide to baking in small quantities. As I live in a small household, the usual baking cookbooks provide recipes that will result in a lot of leftovers. But Kelly Jaggers has come up with an amazing book that will help you bake in smaller batches that will leave little to no leftovers. She has covered everything from cakes, cookies, pies to cheesecakes, bread, and brownies. I cannot wait to buy a copy for myself.

Being a minimalist home-baker an an armchair nutritionist, I always keep talking about portion control. I was naturally curious about this book. This would be a good one for starters who would like to half and quarter recipes.

This book is a total game changer for all of us who crave sweets but don’t want two dozen cookies or a whole cake or pie. With recipes that make 6 cookies and brownies, 4 muffins, individual cakes, pies, breads, puddings, cheesecakes, etc., this cookbook is perfect for the small household. With handy baking tips as well as tools needed and a plethora of delicious recipes, I can’t wait to try them all! There is definitely something to satisfy every sweet tooth!

This book is such a fun and unique idea! I have a huge sweet tooth, but often don't want to make 4 dozen cookies or I accidentally eat an entire tray of brownies, and this takes away that struggle. They are also made with things that I already had in my pantry so I didn't have to run out and buy ingredients I probably wouldn't use again. I tried 4 recipes and 3 out of the 4 were major successes. The mug cakes are so easy and delicious! The brownie was my favorite it was the perfect balance of cakey and fudgey. I also tried the chocolate chip cookies twice and failed miserably both times. I think it was user error though, not the recipe. This is a cookbook I will be returning to again and again.

Oh this one is really good!! It’s not just single serve items, it has small batch options too. I mean you technically could eat it all yourself if you wanted but it would totally work for 2-4 people as well. I liked that there were mug recipes and as well as layered cake recipes. The bread section was my favorite though. I’m a sucker for bread. I want to try the mini Japanese milk bread and Korean egg bread. I don’t think I have ever had the Irish soda bread either. So many good choices! There were recipes that were allergy friendly for my son too. That’s always a win in my book.

THE ULTIMATE BAKING FOR ONE COOKBOOK BY: KELLY JAGGERS This cookbook is jam packed with tips for baking for one or two people who fancy having something sweet but don't want to have to eat big recipes within three days time. After three days home baked goods from scratch usually result in a big waste because things go bad or stale within that small window resulting in having to toss out the rest. This cookbook has a plethora of delicious recipes that are usually enough for two people who are in the mood for a certain dessert, but don't want to eat it all in a small window of time. There are 175 delicious recipes so there is a whopping variety that will make you hungry just reading through them all. There are some timeless classics and one of the things that I appreciated about this cookbook is the history asides at the beginning of certain recipes. It will inform you the origins of many of the recipes included. One new thing that I learned was that all purpose flour is only good for about six months. I thought that flour lasted a lot longer if sealed in an airtight container or canister. This would make a perfect gift for young adults that are just starting out on their own and enjoy sweets, but don't want to have to waste food by only wanting a couple of servings. There is everything and every recipe that you can think of yielding enough for one or two people a couple of servings. There are a wide variety of recipes for cookies, brownies, cheesecakes. pies, breads etc. The recipes sound decadent. I will be adding my own print copy to my collection of cookbooks. Publication Date: November 30, 2021 Thank you to Net Galley, Kelly Jaggers and Adams Media for providing me with my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own. #TheUltimateBakingForOneCookbook #KellyJaggers #AdamsMedia #NetGalley

Baking for One is the ultimate indulgence in today's world especially with more and more people living alone and not wanting to miss out on their favourite part of the meal - baked treats. I especially enjoyed going through this recipe book and getting ideas for future meals as people around me have varied tastes and it was never possible to bake one item that all could enjoy without guilt or wastage. If you love indulging in good food especially the baked and sweet variety look no further. Bake away and enjoy the treats.

I am absolutely in love with The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook as the author Kelly Jaggers has written a cookbook filled with all kinds of recipes targeted for cooks who are cooking for one or two. I loved her book so much I plan to buy it when it's published. Her recipes range from cookies to quick breads. Some of the recipes you;ll find include: Classic Cocoa Brownies Chocolate Chip Cookies Classic Apple Pie Butterscotch Pie Cinnamon Dulce De Leche Flan Chocolate Eclairs Gingerbread Crumb Muffins Throughout her cookbook you'll find plenty of color photos illustrating the recipes. Recommend. Review written after downloading a galley from NetGalley