Tamara King

Pub Date 04 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 09 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TamaraKing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sam Atlas’s hopes are at an all-time low. She’s tired of being the third wheel to her two best friends and her romantic life is nonexistent—until Sam bumps into the fiery and elusive Tamara King, and it changes everything. Sam learns quickly of Tamara’s unreliability, and their complicated relationship grows with them as they move towards their thirties.

In her search for closure, Sam’s friends support her through comedic rebound dates, defend her many drunken mishaps, and stand by her side right up until the event she never expected she would see—Tamara King’s wedding.

Sam learns how first loves often leave scars that are hard to heal, but finds that letting go can bring laughter, heartache, and unexpected love.

Advance Praise

"I loved the experience of reading a non-linear manuscript, and I believe your readers will too. You've done an incredible job with it, all of the scenes tied in together well. Not one single piece missing. A really, really great read!" - Virginia BG

"

"I loved the experience of reading a non-linear manuscript, and I believe your readers will too. You've done an incredible job with it, all of the scenes tied in together well. Not one single piece...

Thank you so much publisher providing an arc! I just devoured this book. It was so nerve-wrecking so I can not express enough about the plot. The plot is so interesting that you will find yourself gasping everytime you find something new. I really like the worldbuilding, and how the author can create a world that has the capability of making us vicariously live through it. I feel like the introduction was a bit too slow-paced for me. The characters are fairly interesting. Henceforth, it was quite a good read.

An ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Usually I need some time adjusting to books where chapters go back and forth in time, but this one had me hooked and I had no problems following the story. Following Sam's journey was quite a ride and felt very relatable. Past relationships and experiences change you, whether you want them to or not. For Sam it's the same. This book follows her throughout a decade of dating. I don't want to give anything away, but I am so happy my ship ended up together. This book has everything I want in a novel, romance, great friends, misunderstandings, flawed characters, growth. I can't wait to read more of this author.