Twelve Days

A Tale of Christmas (The Christmas Collection

Pub Date 13 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 10 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TwelveDays #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Twelve Days: A Tale of Christmas

In the spirit of A Christmas Carol, D.P. Conway writes a compelling story that will inspire you this and every Christmas to come.

Barbara Disanto is on top of the world in business and life. The people all around her, though, are suffering from her relentless drive to the top.

One night just before Christmas, a mysterious message begins to haunt her, telling her she must do something, ‘before it is too late.’

The Christmas Collection

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And D. P Conway has written four enthralling stories to warm your hearts and homes.

In the spirit of Dickens, Conway brings notably his two best works, Twelve Days and The Ghost of Christmas to Come.

Following, with no less luster, are Starry Night and Nava.

Start with any of the four, and you will find yourself quickly wanting to read all.

Twelve Days: A Tale of Christmas

Barbara Disanto is on top of the...

Links

I thought this was going to be a play on 'A Christmas Carol,' and to a degree it was, but it was so much better than expected! The updated version is more relatable to today's audiences, who may have difficulty understanding and relating to Scrooge's version of the story. There is only one angel, who guides Barbara through her spiritual journey, and an ending that will fill you with hope! One of my favorite parts of the story is something I'm going to incorporate into our Christmas party this year -- the 12 Days of Christmas sing-a-long. :)

I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley A wonderful Christmas book for the entire family I loved reading it once but I will definitely be reading it again especially to my boys around Christmas time.

I really enjoyed this modern take on a christmas Carol and I read it in one sitting I couldn't put it down. The story was great and although the reader has an idea of what will happen it had a great modern feel that made it feel new. I loved the characters, the setting, the story. I really enjoyed it.

If you liked A Christmas Carol then you are sure to enjoy this modern day take on the classic story. Barbara Disanto is a ruthless business woman and has no trouble in sacking staff if they don't meet her exacting standards. She begins to worry when shortly before Christmas she starts hearing the words "before it's too late". She doesn't understand what this means until she wakes up with Rosie, an angel by her side. She is taken to her home and beneath the Christmas tree are 12 boxes - each one contains a lesson for Barbara to learn if she is to mend her ways, Thoroughly enjoyable book, easily consumed in 1 or 2 sittings. Perfect fireside read.