Going to the Zoo

Book for kids (The Octo Bunch 1)

Pub Date 21 Sep 2016 | Archive Date 22 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #GoingtotheZoo #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Octo-Bunch Going to the Zoo is the first adventure in our series for little children ages 3 and up.

After The Bunch learns about Noah's Ark and the animals he saved, they go to the zoo to meet these amazing animals. But something is very wrong with them; someone pulled some tricks on the animals, causing them to look different.

How will this unfold? Join us now and find out!

Advance Praise

"""Must have! My kids just love it"" - Amazon reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

""Smadar Elul cleverly portrays her delightful Octo-Bunch going to the zoo, led by their teacher Miss Charm..."" - Amazon reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"

"""Must have! My kids just love it"" - Amazon reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Send To Kindle (PDF)

The book teaches a good message that would be good for children. Good art style! I believe this book would be good in schools.

Cute story but the illustrations could use some cleaning up towards the end it seems a little sloppy. Enjoyed the setting and animals and flow of the story.

After learning about Noah and the ark in school, the bunch is taken to the zoo by their teacher Miss Charm but when they arrive at the zoo something is wrong with the animals. It appears they have gone on strike. Overall I enjoyed reading this with my children. The illustrations are simple but vivid and help tell the story beautifully. I did think that the story was slightly too dark for younger children but my oldest son really enjoyed it. It was funny and entertaining and my children loved the moral of the story, to use laughter instead of anger

Going To The Zoo is a beautifully written and illustrated children's book. I read it to my 5 year old son and we both loved it. Thank you to NetGalley and BooksGoSocial for my copy.

The Octo Bunch is going on class field trip to the zoo and upon arriving they are all surprised. Nothing is what is seems. The lion does not roar or have its mane and many other animals are in disarray. Who has done this deed and why. The Octo Bunch takes it all in stride and gives a lesson on how to make the best of things. A special thank you to Books Go Social and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.

This is so cute. I liked the animals and the little villain. It’s a cute story that’s easy to follow along with. I can see my toddler liking it for the animals and colors. I like that it’s a series so kiddos can enjoy more of the adventures.